OCCRA
Go to Post We always have a party on Friday. It's called scouting. - Meredith Novak [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-09-2005, 11:36 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero Woodie Flowers Award
My Other Car is a 500 HP Turbine
FRC #0234 (Cyber Blue)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1942
Chris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Ritchie Family Trust Fund

Libby Ritchie (team 393), Taylor and Ryan were involved in a serious car accident April 8th. They are the family of Scott Ritchie (team 234). The family is recovering well, Ryan and Libby have both been released from the hospital. Libby will be in a wheelchair / walker for several weeks but is able to get around. Taylor is continuing to recover at the hospital and should be released in the next few weeks.

The family also just suffered another serious set-back with a house fire on May 9th. No one was injured but there is major damage from the fire, smoke and water. They will be out of their home for 4 - 6 months.

Many people have asked how they can help.

To help the family with financial needs during their recovery and transition, a trust fund has been established with National City Bank in Greenfield, IN. The family will have access to any funds contributed to help with immediate needs. Financial contributions can be made to the bank at the following address:

National City Bank, Greenfield
Scott Ritchie for the Ritchie Fund Account
1503 N State Street
Greenfield, Indiana 46140

attn: Rita Moore, account liason.
(317) 467-8303 ext. 221

for questions, please contact Marci Cochran (team 447), Chris Fultz (team 234) , Andy Baker (team 45) or David Kelly (IndianaFIRST).
2018 IndyRAGE Planning Committee
2010 - Woodie Flowers Award - Championship
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-09-2005, 11:52 PM
20something
FRC #6721 (Trailblazer Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2000
rufu5 has much to be proud ofrufu5 has much to be proud ofrufu5 has much to be proud ofrufu5 has much to be proud ofrufu5 has much to be proud ofrufu5 has much to be proud ofrufu5 has much to be proud ofrufu5 has much to be proud ofrufu5 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to rufu5
Exclamation Ritchie Family Trust

I am posting this on behalf of MarciCochran447 (Team 447 Leader) at her request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marci Cochran
On Friday, April 8, Libby Ritchie (Team 393 Leader) and her two children Ryan and Taylor were involved in a serious auto accident. The Ritchie's were wearing their seatbelts. However, they all suffered injuries. Ryan was released from Methodist Hospital the next day with minor injuries. Libby had several injuries and two surgeries, but has since been released from the hospital. Taylor received numerous injuries and spent a little more than three weeks in the Pediatric Critical Care Unit of Methodist Hospital. She remains hospitalized at Methodist Hospital in the Pediatric Unit.

Last night, the family suffered further through a devastating housefire to their Fountaintown home. Scott Ritchie (Team 234 Leader), husband of Libby and father of Talyor and Ryan, was at Methodist Hospital at the time with Taylor. Libby was at home with Ryan at the time of the fire. Despite her injuries, Libby and Ryan were able to escape the home.

This family has suffered immensely, more than any family should. I had already set up a trust at National City Bank in Greenfield to help the family cope with the devastating medical bills from the auto accident. This fire, which apparently started in the garage, has compounded their problems.

A trust has been set up at National City Bank of Greenfield Indiana. All contributions are welcome and can be sent to 1503 N State St, Greenfield, 46140. Checks should be made payable to Scott Ritchie for the Ritchie Family Fund.
You have not lived until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.
- unknown

Last edited by David Kelly : 05-10-2005 at 12:31 AM. Reason: edited to make text easier to see
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-09-2005, 11:59 PM
AKA: Cory McBride
FRC #0254 (The Cheesy Poofs)

Rookie Year: 2001
Cory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ritchie Family Trust

My heartfelt condolences go out to the Ritchie family. It is sad that so many horrible things have occurred to such a fantastic group of people in so short a time.

Hopefully they can recover from yet another setback as soon as possible.

I'm glad to see we can do something to help them.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-09-2005, 11:59 PM
A Legacy of Impact
FRC #0234 (Cyber Blue)

Rookie Year: 1999
David Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to David Kelly Send a message via Yahoo to David Kelly
Re: Ritchie Family Trust Fund

The family is going to really need lots of prayers and support from everybody, which I already know the FIRST community has done so much for them already. Like Chris said, money is the biggest thing that they are going to need now is money so if you are able, please contribute some to the trust fund.

2010 Boilermaker Regional

Chairman's Award, Regional Finalist
2010 Kansas City Regional
Entrepreneurship Award

2010 Championships
Autodesk Inventor Award Winner
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-10-2005, 12:15 AM
OSNAP. a gear flew out of the robot
no team
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2004
wilshire is just really nicewilshire is just really nicewilshire is just really nicewilshire is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to wilshire

My condolences to the Ritchies. It is just hard to hear about such great people having devastating events take place to their family. I couldn't imagine how they are feeling right now. I will see what our team can do to contribute to the fund. Hopefully we can raise enough money to make a difference in helping them cope with the costs that they will have to deal with after this is all said and done.

Purdue FIRST Teams
Team 461 -http://www.boilerinvasion.org/
Team 1646 - http://www.precisionguessworks.org/
Team 1747 - www.harrisonboilerrobotics.org
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-10-2005, 12:17 AM
no team (NEW Apple Corps)
Team Role: Alumni

Katie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Katie Reynolds Send a message via Yahoo to Katie Reynolds

Thanks for letting us know how we can help, Chris.

It amazes me that such horrible things can happen to such good people; my sincere condolences go out to the Ritchie family.
Team #93 - NEW Apple Corps
Student - 2001-2004
Team #857 - Superior Roboworks
Mentor - 2006-2009
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-10-2005, 12:21 AM
Counting Down to Kickoff
FRC #0461 (Westside Boiler Invasion)

Eugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia Gabrielov has a reputation beyond repute

I have a question.

I don't have checks, and I very very recently got a debit card and don't know how to transfer.

Could someone please give information, in some form, or direct me to an easier way to transfer than writing a check to an account?

I really want to help, but don't know how.

- Genia

Team 461 for life!
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-10-2005, 12:27 AM
Let's take it back...
AKA: That's a J. Dilla reference, BTW.
FRC #1293 (Pandamaniacs); FTC #11444 (Garnet Squadron)

Billfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond repute

Just hearing of this made me cringe, after hearing everything about what's happened to the Ritchie family. It doesn't help when I realize that this has all happened since the Florida Regional (week 2, if that gives you a gauge). It really does make you realize just how quickly things can change.

Even though I can't help right now (the summer job hunt continues), I'll sure be thinking about them. <edit>I mentioned it on 1293's message board, too.</edit>

Last edited by Billfred : 05-10-2005 at 06:47 PM.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-10-2005, 12:28 AM
Brandon Martus's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
busy.
AKA: B. Slash Kamen
no team

Rookie Year: 1998
Brandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Brandon Martus Send a message via AIM to Brandon Martus Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon Martus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugenia Gabrielov
Could someone please give information, in some form, or direct me to an easier way to transfer than writing a check to an account?

I'd contact Chris Fultz, or call Rita (mentioned in Chris Fultz's post) and they probably can help you out in one way or another to get the funds transferred.
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-10-2005, 12:35 AM
no team (NEW Apple Corps)

Katie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Katie Reynolds Send a message via Yahoo to Katie Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugenia Gabrielov
I have a question.

I don't have checks, and I very very recently got a debit card and don't know how to transfer.

- Genia
Genia,

You should be able to get a cashiers check ("A check which cannot bounce because a customer pays the bank for the amount of the check upfront. The bank then writes a check to whomever the customer requests") from your bank ... usually they charge a small fee to process it - mine charges $1. From there, you should be able to mail it to the above address without any problems.
Team #93 - NEW Apple Corps
Student - 2001-2004
Team #857 - Superior Roboworks
Mentor - 2006-2009
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-10-2005, 12:55 AM
Andy Baker's Avatar Woodie Flowers Award
President, AndyMark, Inc.
FRC #3940 (CyberTooth)

Andy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Andy Baker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Fultz
Many people have asked how they can help.
This is one of the great assets of having an active online community here on this website. People will come forward to help out Scott, Libby, Ryan, and Taylor. I just know that fine people out there in FIRST will rise up and help a family who have spent many years teaching, mentoring, coaching and befriending countless people.

Tonight, about 40 people came by the Ritchie house to help clean up and sort through stuff. Fortunately, the bedrooms had only water and smoke damage. However, the roof was mostly gone. The garage, kitchen and dining room were totalled. Late last night, the fire started in the garage with electrical issues related to the circuit breakers. Flames got into the roof and debris began falling into the grarage. At about 2:45am, Libby awoke, thinking that someone was breaking into the house. She quickly realized what was happening and got out with her son. Scott was at the hospital with their daughter.

While this is a tragic time for the Ritchie family, it is also an event when people come together and help their friends. This is a family who has opened their house to students for many years. Now it is time for us to help them.

Andy B.
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-10-2005, 08:00 AM
Tie Wrap-Not Cable Tie or Zip tie
AKA: Stephen Denman
FRC #0759 (Systemetric)

Rookie Year: 2003
Denman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud ofDenman has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Denman Send a message via AIM to Denman Send a message via MSN to Denman Send a message via Yahoo to Denman

I really feel sad when i hear about things like this. It is terrible for any one thing to happen to any family, let alone 2 things. 759 will be hoping for you.
I will be getting a new bank account soon (couple of days) and when its open, i'll send some money from a cheque.

Quick question : Can we post cash ? If so, will the bank take pounds and exchange them? (I would be able to do that pretty prompto.... )

Stephen

FIRSTWiki.org - Contribute, learn, inspire.

"Teach the way of the GP and the way of the GP shall teach you" - Me
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-10-2005, 08:12 AM
Back Home in Indiana
FRC #1720 (PhyXTGears)

Ryan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ryan Dognaux

I have contacted Chris Fultz about setting up a Paypal account which would probably make it easier for some of you send funds.

We all need to come together to help the Ritchie family. They have helped so many and now we will return the favor.
Team 4329 Mentor: 2013 - 2017 :: Team 1720 Mentor: Current
STL Off-Season Event: www.gatewayroboticschallenge.com
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-10-2005, 08:20 AM
AKA: Ari
FRC #0108 (SigmaC@T)

Arefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Arefin Bari Send a message via AIM to Arefin Bari Send a message via MSN to Arefin Bari Send a message via Yahoo to Arefin Bari

I dont know what to say after these 2 incidents. I met Scott in Florida when he was here with his team and won the Woodie Flowers Award. This is not something that a FIRSTer would like to hear. I feel horrible. My deepest condolence to the family. I hope everything gets better for you guys.

... Chris thanks for the information.
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-10-2005, 09:05 AM
Brandon Martus's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
busy.
AKA: B. Slash Kamen
no team

Brandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Brandon Martus Send a message via AIM to Brandon Martus Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon Martus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denman
Quick question : Can we post cash ? If so, will the bank take pounds and exchange them? (I would be able to do that pretty prompto.... )
From Marci's PM to me "Yes, you can give in forms other than checks." I would contact Rita (in Chris' post) and see the best way to get the money to the bank.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: