OCCRA
Go to Post And people laugh at me when I suggest 14" wheels. - Munchskull [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-15-2018, 08:12 PM
AKA: Abhinav Diddee
no team (The Binary Circles)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2016
heatblast016 is an unknown quantity at this point
Looking for mentors in Western Washington

Hi! I'm the captain of rookie FRC team 201900073 based in Redmond, WA. We are looking for mentors with FRC experience! Please let me know if you or someone you know may be interested!
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-15-2018, 10:49 PM
Student Captain
AKA: Aaron Fang
FRC #3863 (Pantherbotics)
Team Role: Student

NerdRage has a spectacular aura aboutNerdRage has a spectacular aura aboutNerdRage has a spectacular aura about
Re: Looking for mentors in Western Washington

I'm sorry I had to say this, but do you do field-relative positioning through non-linear state estimation?

Best wishes to your mentor search!
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread Yesterday, 12:47 PM
AKA: Chris Howard
FRC #4682 (Bravebots)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2008
Timebomb will become famous soon enough

Sadly I'm all taken by my current team, but if you have any questions feel free to ask and I'd be glad to answer to the best of my abilities.

I'd also reach out to Microsoft and see if someone is interested in mentoring, in addition to them being generally smart cookies MS's hours matching program is a great help towards becoming self sufficient financially.

Welcome to FRC, and good luck in the season!
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread Yesterday, 01:54 PM
3574 - The King's of Bling
AKA: Jim
FRC #3574 (High Tekerz)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2012
InFlight has a reputation beyond reputeInFlight has a reputation beyond reputeInFlight has a reputation beyond reputeInFlight has a reputation beyond reputeInFlight has a reputation beyond reputeInFlight has a reputation beyond reputeInFlight has a reputation beyond reputeInFlight has a reputation beyond reputeInFlight has a reputation beyond reputeInFlight has a reputation beyond reputeInFlight has a reputation beyond repute

There are several strong FRC Teams nearby in the area that would be happy to help a rookie team get started. Here is a Washington team map.

In particular having access to experienced mentors to - help understanding the game strategy, design, CAD, fabrication, and coding are critical to having early success. Many of these teams have access to more advanced machining capabilities as well.

You don't need to go it alone! Contact some of these nearby veteran teams before the season.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread Today, 12:22 AM
AKA: Abhinav Diddee
no team (The Binary Circles)
Team Role: Programmer

heatblast016 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFlight View Post
There are several strong FRC Teams nearby in the area that would be happy to help a rookie team get started. Here is a Washington team map.

In particular having access to experienced mentors to - help understanding the game strategy, design, CAD, fabrication, and coding are critical to having early success. Many of these teams have access to more advanced machining capabilities as well.

You don't need to go it alone! Contact some of these nearby veteran teams before the season.
Yeah, we are kind of being mentored by 4131 and a few members from other teams are also helping out, but we are primarily looking to get mentors who can stay for build season. I was on another team last season, so we do have some collective experience, but aside from me and our business mentor, nobody has frc experience, and nobody really has much mechanical experience in general(I was a coder last season).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: