OCCRA
Go to Post The FIRST MEs need to go into field design asking that basic question "WWZD?" (What will the ZebraCorns Do?). - GeeTwo [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-02-2018, 08:33 AM
FRC #2767 (Stryke Force)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2011
Doug Staunton is on a distinguished road
Invitation to Stryke Force Open Houses

Stryke Force (FRC 2767, FTC 7228, and FTC 8553) is a 4-H chartered community team located in southwest Michigan. We have students from a dozen school districts as well as several members who are home schooled. Every year after the Championship we hold open houses to get the word out about Stryke Force, FIRST and STEM. Its also an easy opportunity for any other teams to come by and check out what we're up to.

For a change, the build space is actually picked up, clean and organized! We'll have this year's robots (FRC and FTC) running and have static displays of all of our FRC robots going back to Ultimate Ascent (2013). If you ever wanted to see where those crazy Stryke Force mechanisms come from, or the history of the Third Coast Swerve Drive, the history is all laid out there!

All you need to bring is good will and an interest and enthusiasm for robotics, CAD, programming, web design, marketing, strategy development, video games, and/or anything in between!

Open Houses are from 6-8 pm on:

Tuesday, May 8th
Thursday, May 10th
Monday, May 14th
Wednesday, May 16th

Our build space is in Midlink Business park near the South end of the building. Midlink Business park is just south of I94 at the Sprinkle Road exit. Our build space is not permanently signed, but we'll have flags and temporary signs out to guide you in!
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-02-2018, 08:49 AM
FRC #2767 (Stryke Force)

Rookie Year: 2010
Mark Wasserman has much to be proud ofMark Wasserman has much to be proud ofMark Wasserman has much to be proud ofMark Wasserman has much to be proud ofMark Wasserman has much to be proud ofMark Wasserman has much to be proud ofMark Wasserman has much to be proud ofMark Wasserman has much to be proud ofMark Wasserman has much to be proud of
Re: Invitation to Stryke Force Open Houses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Staunton View Post
Stryke Force (FRC 2767, FTC 7228, and FTC 8553) is a 4-H chartered community team located in southwest Michigan. We have students from a dozen school districts as well as several members who are home schooled. Every year after the Championship we hold open houses to get the word out about Stryke Force, FIRST and STEM. Its also an easy opportunity for any other teams to come by and check out what we're up to.

For a change, the build space is actually picked up, clean and organized! We'll have this year's robots (FRC and FTC) running and have static displays of all of our FRC robots going back to Ultimate Ascent (2013). If you ever wanted to see where those crazy Stryke Force mechanisms come from, or the history of the Third Coast Swerve Drive, the history is all laid out there!

All you need to bring is good will and an interest and enthusiasm for robotics, CAD, programming, web design, marketing, strategy development, video games, and/or anything in between!

Open Houses are from 6-8 pm on:

Tuesday, May 8th
Thursday, May 10th
Monday, May 14th
Wednesday, May 16th

Our build space is in Midlink Business park near the South end of the building. Midlink Business park is just south of I94 at the Sprinkle Road exit. Our build space is not permanently signed, but we'll have flags and temporary signs out to guide you in!
Google location. Copy and paste this into Google.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/42%C2%B015'18.0%22N+85%C2%B031'40.2%22W/@42.2550111,-85.5365738,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m9!1m2!10m1!1e2!3m5!1s0x88179c71aa6 8f5ed:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d42.255012!4d-85.527819?hl=en
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-02-2018, 09:23 AM
systems engineer (retired)
no team

Rookie Year: 1969
Ether has a reputation beyond reputeEther has a reputation beyond reputeEther has a reputation beyond reputeEther has a reputation beyond reputeEther has a reputation beyond reputeEther has a reputation beyond reputeEther has a reputation beyond reputeEther has a reputation beyond reputeEther has a reputation beyond reputeEther has a reputation beyond reputeEther has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Staunton View Post
just south of I94 at the Sprinkle Road exit.
Take Sprinkle Road to Cork Street.

youngsters will not understand the reference
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-02-2018, 09:42 AM
FRC #2767 (Stryke Force)

Mark Wasserman has much to be proud ofMark Wasserman has much to be proud ofMark Wasserman has much to be proud ofMark Wasserman has much to be proud ofMark Wasserman has much to be proud ofMark Wasserman has much to be proud ofMark Wasserman has much to be proud ofMark Wasserman has much to be proud ofMark Wasserman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether View Post

Take Sprinkle Rd towards Kilgore (South). Cork is North. Midlink is the first traffic light south of I-94, east of Sprinkle.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-02-2018, 10:23 AM
Nuts N' Bolts
AKA: Skye Leake
FRC #2767 (Stryke Force, Thunder Robotics, Team F.U.N.)

Skyehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSkyehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSkyehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSkyehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSkyehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSkyehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSkyehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSkyehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSkyehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSkyehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSkyehawk has a reputation beyond repute

You have no idea how much I wish I could attend! 13 hours is a bit of a drive though... Guess I'll have to wait.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-02-2018, 10:28 AM
FRC #2767
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2002
Cory Walters has a reputation beyond reputeCory Walters has a reputation beyond reputeCory Walters has a reputation beyond reputeCory Walters has a reputation beyond reputeCory Walters has a reputation beyond reputeCory Walters has a reputation beyond reputeCory Walters has a reputation beyond reputeCory Walters has a reputation beyond reputeCory Walters has a reputation beyond reputeCory Walters has a reputation beyond reputeCory Walters has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyehawk View Post
You have no idea how much I wish I could attend! 13 hours is a bit of a drive though... Guess I'll have to wait.
I'm sure we could arrange something in the future!
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-02-2018, 12:04 PM
Programming Mentor
FRC #0027 (RUSH)

Clayton Yocom has a spectacular aura aboutClayton Yocom has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Clayton Yocom Send a message via MSN to Clayton Yocom Send a message via Yahoo to Clayton Yocom

Really hoping I can make it to one of these to see how you guys utilize your space and get ideas on how to improve ours.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-02-2018, 07:14 PM
systems engineer (retired)
no team

Rookie Year: 1969
Ether has a reputation beyond reputeEther has a reputation beyond reputeEther has a reputation beyond reputeEther has a reputation beyond reputeEther has a reputation beyond reputeEther has a reputation beyond reputeEther has a reputation beyond reputeEther has a reputation beyond reputeEther has a reputation beyond reputeEther has a reputation beyond reputeEther has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I guess that was too cryptic. My apologies.

I came of age in the 60s in the SW Michigan area. So I'm gonna take Sprinkle Road to Old Cork Street, then circle around Midland Business Park listening to Aorta on my car stereo.

Attached Files
File Type: zip srcs.zip (104.2 KB, 50 views)
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-02-2018, 07:53 PM
FRC #2767 (Stryke Force)

Quote:
I guess that was too cryptic. My apologies.

I came of age in the 60s in the SW Michigan area. So I'm gonna take Sprinkle Road to Old Cork Street, then circle around Midland Business Park listening to Aorta on my car stereo.

Sorry, I was too quick on the draw... or too literal on the thought... or too slow on the wit.

Love the music.
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-15-2018, 02:02 PM
AKA: Matt
FRC #5675 (WiredCats)

Rookie Year: 2016
mswhite60 is a name known to allmswhite60 is a name known to allmswhite60 is a name known to allmswhite60 is a name known to allmswhite60 is a name known to allmswhite60 is a name known to all

Hi Stryke Force mentors,

There are a few WiredCats (Mattawan) mentors hoping to drop in Wednesday night. We'd love to see your space and how your program works as I am sure there is lots we can learn form your success! Hope this is OK - and we'll see you there if so!

EDIT: Some of our students are also interested in visiting as well.

Matt White
WiredCats 5675

Last edited by mswhite60 : 05-15-2018 at 02:10 PM.
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-15-2018, 02:17 PM
FRC #2767
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2002
Cory Walters has a reputation beyond reputeCory Walters has a reputation beyond reputeCory Walters has a reputation beyond reputeCory Walters has a reputation beyond reputeCory Walters has a reputation beyond reputeCory Walters has a reputation beyond reputeCory Walters has a reputation beyond reputeCory Walters has a reputation beyond reputeCory Walters has a reputation beyond reputeCory Walters has a reputation beyond reputeCory Walters has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswhite60 View Post
Hi Stryke Force mentors,

There are a few WiredCats (Mattawan) mentors hoping to drop in Wednesday night. We'd love to see your space and how your program works as I am sure there is lots we can learn form your success! Hope this is OK - and we'll see you there if so!

EDIT: Some of our students are also interested in visiting as well.
Awesome! Looking forward to seeing the WiredCat crew tommorow.
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-17-2018, 01:53 PM
AKA: Matt
FRC #5675 (WiredCats)

Rookie Year: 2016
mswhite60 is a name known to allmswhite60 is a name known to allmswhite60 is a name known to allmswhite60 is a name known to allmswhite60 is a name known to allmswhite60 is a name known to all

A shout out of thanks from WiredCats to Stryke Force! We brought 7 mentors and students over to their build space last night. The Stryke Force students and mentors were very gracious hosts! Even though this was the last night of their open house schedule there was a crowd there, including teams from all over southern/SW Michigan. Lots of great info shared and lots of fun stories told.

5675 says thanks to 2767 and hope to see you more this off season!

Matt White
WiredCats 5675
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-17-2018, 02:49 PM
AKA: Chris Bale
FRC #5712 (Gray Matter)

Rookie Year: 2004
cbale2000 has a reputation beyond reputecbale2000 has a reputation beyond reputecbale2000 has a reputation beyond reputecbale2000 has a reputation beyond reputecbale2000 has a reputation beyond reputecbale2000 has a reputation beyond reputecbale2000 has a reputation beyond reputecbale2000 has a reputation beyond reputecbale2000 has a reputation beyond reputecbale2000 has a reputation beyond reputecbale2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Would love to go but I used all my time off during the season. Any chance we could get a livestream/recorded tour for those of us unable to make the drive down?
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-18-2018, 11:57 AM
FRC #2767 (Stryke Force)

Well, that announcement worked better than we could have hoped--and the response made our open houses a ton of fun! All told, our business students tell me we had representatives from about 12 teams come by as well as a several CD community members who are currently unattached to a team. We also had a number of state and local political figures attending, as well as folks from the broader community, and the extra energy and spirit of GP that resulted from our friends being there made quite an impression--all positive for FIRST.

THANK YOU to everyone who came out and helped make everything so much fun. What a fantastic way to wrap up the 2018 season.
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-18-2018, 12:04 PM
FRC #2767 (Stryke Force)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbale2000 View Post
Any chance we could get a livestream/recorded tour for those of us unable to make the drive down?
Sorry, just saw your post. Unfortunately, it's too late this year, but the virtual tour is something we'll have to give some thought to for the future. Good idea. If people are interested, maybe we could put something like that on our website.
Of course, you're more than welcome to visit anytime you're in the area--we just might not be all cleaned up and "presentable."

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: