OCCRA
Go to Post Save the frustration for build season. :p - Brian C [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#16   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-24-2005, 01:22 AM
AKA: Allison Kneisler
FRC #3538 (Avondale RoboJackets)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2003
Allison K has a reputation beyond reputeAllison K has a reputation beyond reputeAllison K has a reputation beyond reputeAllison K has a reputation beyond reputeAllison K has a reputation beyond reputeAllison K has a reputation beyond reputeAllison K has a reputation beyond reputeAllison K has a reputation beyond reputeAllison K has a reputation beyond reputeAllison K has a reputation beyond reputeAllison K has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Post-Build Projects

I'll finally have some time to get to work on my final project for my education class ... design, and present to the class, a one hour lesson plan. I'm doing mine on robotics.
  #17   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-24-2005, 01:25 AM
not on CD enough...
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2000
OneAngryDaisy is a glorious beacon of lightOneAngryDaisy is a glorious beacon of lightOneAngryDaisy is a glorious beacon of lightOneAngryDaisy is a glorious beacon of lightOneAngryDaisy is a glorious beacon of lightOneAngryDaisy is a glorious beacon of light

don't forget several teams have TWO robots- those teams will be fine-tuninng their autonomous mode and giving their drivers valuable practice time.

its always nice to dream. got a psychology final exam in about six hours and haevnt even opened my textbook, so thats what I'm gonna be doing..
  #18   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-24-2005, 07:13 AM
no team

tiffany34990 has a reputation beyond reputetiffany34990 has a reputation beyond reputetiffany34990 has a reputation beyond reputetiffany34990 has a reputation beyond reputetiffany34990 has a reputation beyond reputetiffany34990 has a reputation beyond reputetiffany34990 has a reputation beyond reputetiffany34990 has a reputation beyond reputetiffany34990 has a reputation beyond reputetiffany34990 has a reputation beyond reputetiffany34990 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to tiffany34990

it's called getting sleep perhaps and studying for my IB Exams....

along w/ trying to get stuff done of the Southern Florida Chapter of the RCU

oh and finishing scholorship stuff so maybe i'll get money for college just maybe...
  #19   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-24-2005, 07:22 AM
Cool, Calm, Collected
None #1018 (Robodevils)
Team Role: Electrical

Rookie Year: 2001
Erics626 is a jewel in the roughErics626 is a jewel in the roughErics626 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Erics626

I'm going to learn C, catch up my homework, and our team is also hopefully doing a fully autonomous robotics competition called BotBall.
First Year BEST and FIRST Robotics Team Co-Leader
Second Place - Robotics Competition, 2005 Bearcat BEST
Second Place - BEST Competition, 2005 Bearcat BEST
Most Photogenic - 2005 Bearcat BEST
Most Robust - 2005 Bearcat BEST
Fourth Place - Robotics Competion, 2005 Nationals(South's BEST)
"Get your philosophy from a bumber sticker."-Billie Joe Armstrong
  #20   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-24-2005, 08:39 AM
,':-)
AKA: C. Carey
FRC #0306 (CRT)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2004
Cody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Cody Carey Send a message via Yahoo to Cody Carey

We built a remote control go-cart last year, and this year we are thinking of doing a segway.
  #21   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-24-2005, 08:59 AM
Programmer/Mentor/Parent. Pick One
AKA: Jack D Higgs
FRC #0364 (Team Fusion)
Team Role: Programmer

jdhawg will become famous soon enough

Last year on the bus ride home from the Championship Event in Atlanta, I asked out coach/teacher "What do we do now?" You see, I had caught this thing we now call "Fusion Fever" and knew I would be needing a robotics fix to keep me going until the 2005 season. Well, he told me that he really wanted some way to shoot t-shirts during football games and other places where we could show off our robot and bring some attention to Team Fusion. My son (who is a Senior member of the team) and I built a pneumatic t-shirt shooter and reprogrammed the robot to work it. With a little help wiring it up from one of our other engineers, we we able to cause more excitement at the games than our 11-1 football team did. I'm not sure what kind of project Mr. Fava has in mind after the Championships this year, but I'm pretty sure it will be exciting!

Go over to www.teamfusion364.org, click on 'videos' and download one of the greeting card videos to see the shooter in action.

"In the professional world, spelling mistakes, grammatical shortcuts, leet-speek, and misused verbiage are not interpreted as signs of cute, efficient communications. They are indicators of illiteracy, inefficiency, unprofessional behavior, and sloppy work habits." - Dave Lavery
  #22   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-24-2005, 09:50 AM
AKA: Aaron
FRC #1768 (Robo Chiefs)

rocknthehawk is a splendid one to beholdrocknthehawk is a splendid one to beholdrocknthehawk is a splendid one to beholdrocknthehawk is a splendid one to beholdrocknthehawk is a splendid one to beholdrocknthehawk is a splendid one to beholdrocknthehawk is a splendid one to beholdrocknthehawk is a splendid one to behold

whew....I have a huge list of things to do, but mainly it consists of catching up on my work hours so i can actually afford a car i like (the lincoln isn't going to cut it...i'm in the mood for a muscle car), catching up on my schoolwork (grr...term projects), and trying to book gigs with my band
  #23   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-24-2005, 11:52 AM
AKA: Ted Jones
None #0486 (Positronic Panthers)
Team Role: Engineer

tcj103 is on a distinguished road

I'm considering a robot simulator on a PC, that would use the actual code that our robot uses. Kind of a development tool the programmers could use while the robot is still in pieces.

The ultimate simulator would actually involve a robot controller and operator interface, where the robot controller inputs and outputs would feed into the PC. Signals sent into and out of the PC would affect the simulated robot; for example PWM 5 and 6 are the drive motors. Positive values on those signals would move the robot forward, etc. If the virtual 'bot hits some defined limit on an arm, the switch discrete would set in the PC, and that would feed back into the controller, so the software could react.

This would be a great way to test software, and if the fidelity was high enough, refine control laws, timing, and could even do failure analysis.

Has anyone else built something like this?

Ted

Mentor / Engineer,
Team 486 Strath Haven High School
Positronic Panthers
http://www.gotrobot.org
  #24   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-24-2005, 02:36 PM
I'm parking robot yacht club.
FRC #4991 (Robot Yacht Club)

Conor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond repute

i'm gonna get ahead in my school work so i won't need to do any away at competition and i'm gonna mentor a middle school science olympiad team. where theres building to do, i'll be there.
  #25   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-24-2005, 06:16 PM
Liz C

Our teams going to work on the spirit aspect as well, and try to come up with some new things. We also have to clean up - meaning throw away the stale animal crackers, pizza, and finally sweaping all the junk from the saws/drills that we just swept onto the floor. We're going to contact our sponsors and let them know whats coming up, as well as possibly planning one last fundraiser. We are also going to make up a newsletter covering what when on during the season. Funny how people say robotics only lasts six weeks...
  #26   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-24-2005, 07:08 PM
Fire Rescue 47
AKA: Kyle Dersch
FRC #1023 (Bedford Express)
Team Role: Driver

Rookie Year: 2005
KTorak has a reputation beyond reputeKTorak has a reputation beyond reputeKTorak has a reputation beyond reputeKTorak has a reputation beyond reputeKTorak has a reputation beyond reputeKTorak has a reputation beyond reputeKTorak has a reputation beyond reputeKTorak has a reputation beyond reputeKTorak has a reputation beyond reputeKTorak has a reputation beyond reputeKTorak has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KTorak

Find some way to spend my time!

Probably learning how to force myself to do homework at 3PM after school as opposed to 1 AM....Catching up on sleep and starting to eat healthy meals will probably also occur...Some team members have also discussed a few more projects i might get involved with.

[Edit]Oops! forgot the most important, learning how to drive the robot since I eneded up on the potential drivers list[/Edit]
2006 Bedford Express Driver, Build Team Member, & Board of Directors
2005 Bedford Express Rookie, Build Team Member & Robot Operator
-
2008 - GLR Quarter Finalist
2007 - GLR Finalist & Boilermaker Finalist & MARC Off Season Event Winner
2006 - GLR Johnson & Johnson Sportsmanship Award & Archimedes 7th Seed Quarter Finalist
2005 - GLR Finalist & Judges Award.
2004 - GLR Semi Finalist.
2003 - GLR/DTR Quarter Finalist & GLR/NAT'L Rookie All Star.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: