OCCRA
Go to Post Since our team is in possession of the school, we have no restrictions on how late we can be there. So our teams are often practicing into the wee hours of the morning. Also, the school board uses "the breeze" for storage of high jump mats, so it's a great place to nap. :) - Karthik [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Thanks and/or Congrats
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#16   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-13-2017, 10:28 AM
FRC #4085

4085CheerLead is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cog View Post
Cheering with Technical Difficulties during the eliminations was the best. 4085 must throw the best parties.

The best part of the night for me was when 4085 started cheering during the Chairman's Award announcement, at first I thought they had won it, only to realize they were cheering for us!

As for the parties they are pretty great if I do say so myself! 😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  #17   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-13-2017, 10:28 AM
AKA: Andy
FRC #4028 (The Beak Squad)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2011
aciarniello has much to be proud ofaciarniello has much to be proud ofaciarniello has much to be proud ofaciarniello has much to be proud ofaciarniello has much to be proud ofaciarniello has much to be proud ofaciarniello has much to be proud ofaciarniello has much to be proud ofaciarniello has much to be proud ofaciarniello has much to be proud of
Re: Congratulations Miami Valley Winners!

Sounds like it was a great event and some really tough competition! Congrats to all the winners.

We're so bummed we missed out and can't wait to be back with our Ohio friends at the Buckeye Regional!
  #18   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-13-2017, 10:39 AM
FRC #4085

4085CheerLead is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathking View Post
Congrats to 4085, 48 and 2451 for their Miami Valley Win! Great game play.

Thank you so much! That was the second time in 4085's six year history we have made it to finals and the first time we have won! It was amazing to finally get a chance to play with 48 after all these years as well as team 2451.
All of the matches where so amazing to watch! Everyone did so well and we where all so happy to be a part of such an amazing competition and alliance.
Can't wait for buckeye!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  #19   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-13-2017, 02:59 PM
AKA: Jim Coley
FRC #4085 (Technical Difficulties)

Rookie Year: 2012
4085coach is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathking View Post
Congrats to 4085, 48 and 2451 for their Miami Valley Win! Great game play.
Thanks Greg! The team, school, parents... really the whole Berg is thrilled with the win. We are grateful to team 48 and 2451 for the invitation.
  #20   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-13-2017, 03:07 PM
mentor
AKA: Theren Vickery
FRC #2252 (Mavericks)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2010
slickvic2252 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by aciarniello View Post
Sounds like it was a great event and some really tough competition! Congrats to all the winners.

We're so bummed we missed out and can't wait to be back with our Ohio friends at the Buckeye Regional!
We can't wait to compete with you this weekend!
  #21   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-13-2017, 03:16 PM
AKA: Jim Coley
FRC #4085 (Technical Difficulties)

Rookie Year: 2012
4085coach is an unknown quantity at this point

[quote=Travis Hoffman;1658537]Thanks, Greg! It was an emotional, roller-coaster type day. Losing the first match and winning the next two in every elimination round ratcheted up the intensity.

Travis, we are grateful that such excellent teams gave us this opportunity and that made the kids work that much harder to prove themselves on the field. We seem to make it to Saturday afternoon but have only made it past the quarters twice. The kids feel very good about the competition and are ready for Buckeye and St. Louis.
  #22   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-13-2017, 04:31 PM
AKA: Eugene Mach
FRC #0048 (Delphi E.L.I.T.E.)

Rookie Year: 2005
Mach48 is an unknown quantity at this point

[quote=4085coach;1658898]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Hoffman View Post
Thanks, Greg! It was an emotional, roller-coaster type day. Losing the first match and winning the next two in every elimination round ratcheted up the intensity.

Travis, we are grateful that such excellent teams gave us this opportunity and that made the kids work that much harder to prove themselves on the field. We seem to make it to Saturday afternoon but have only made it past the quarters twice. The kids feel very good about the competition and are ready for Buckeye and St. Louis.
You guys did a great job, and I would gladly work with you again. Just remember when things are going wrong, keep a cool head and don't be afraid to ask for help. We cannot be the best we can without our friends and teammates. We would have been knocked out if the Robocats (379) wouldn't have lent us their batteries and charging cart. Even the most recognized teams in FIRST need help from their friends It's all about coopertition. Good luck with the rest of your season.
  #23   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-13-2017, 07:00 PM
Travis Hoffman's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
O-H
FRC #0048 (Delphi E.L.I.T.E.)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2001
Travis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Hoffman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4085coach View Post
Thanks Greg! The team, school, parents... really the whole Berg is thrilled with the win. We are grateful to team 48 and 2451 for the invitation.
You guys did a great job for us - some clutch climbing in the most-needed situations. Great gear running. Effective obstructive defense. And for as much flak as people give mecanum drivetrains, you drove the snot out of that thing. Very fast and nimble driving. You were an invaluable part of the alliance's victory, and I wish you well at ramping it up even more at Buckeye! See you in St. Louis and (presumably) at the WOW Championship.

Travis Hoffman, Enginerd, FRC Team 48 Delphi E.L.I.T.E.
Encouraging Learning in Technology and Engineering - www.delphielite.com
2017 Miami Valley Regional Champions w/ 2451 & 4085
2017 Smoky Mountains Regional Champions w/ 744 & 3140
NEOFRA - Northeast Ohio FIRST Robotics Alliance - www.neofra.com
  #24   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-14-2017, 05:03 PM
FRC #3138 (Innovators Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2003
Michael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond repute

Just curious, did anyone find a set of car keys at Miami Valley? I may have lost mine there (fortunately my wife drove us Saturday, but I may have had my keys in my pocket and they slipped out). The only distinguishing thing is a NASA robot keychain with the legs broken off that looks like this: https://d3u67r7pp2lrq5.cloudfront.ne...1_original.jpg

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: