OCCRA
Go to Post A big bowl of popcorn and FIRST. It doesn't get much better than that. - Warren Boudreau [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Team Organization > College Teams
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-27-2015, 04:32 PM
FRC #5107 (The Neurotoxins)
Team Role: CAD

Rookie Year: 2014
Dr.Gusta is a glorious beacon of lightDr.Gusta is a glorious beacon of lightDr.Gusta is a glorious beacon of lightDr.Gusta is a glorious beacon of lightDr.Gusta is a glorious beacon of lightDr.Gusta is a glorious beacon of light
Daytona Beach FRC Team

Recently I committed to Embry Riddle Daytona Beach and sadly there are no local FRC teams that I know of. I started team 5107 last year which hooked me on FRC and I am not ready to give it up. I have stirred up some interest of starting an FRC team at the local high school, Mainland High school, in three or four other FIRST alumni that will be attending next year. I would love to mentor and continue to be involved in FIRST and maybe get that trip to the arch that I have been working for. What I need help doing and why I am here is trying to get a feel for the area by someone who knows it better then I (California Kid). Is there a desire for a team? Has someone tried this before and failed? Do you think the university would be willing to sponsor the team? I know this is kind of a long shot but starting a team with zero knowledge of the area in August will be tough so I am trying to get a head start.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-27-2015, 04:41 PM
FRC reunion tour
no team
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2007
Jacob Paikoff has a reputation beyond reputeJacob Paikoff has a reputation beyond reputeJacob Paikoff has a reputation beyond reputeJacob Paikoff has a reputation beyond reputeJacob Paikoff has a reputation beyond reputeJacob Paikoff has a reputation beyond reputeJacob Paikoff has a reputation beyond reputeJacob Paikoff has a reputation beyond reputeJacob Paikoff has a reputation beyond reputeJacob Paikoff has a reputation beyond reputeJacob Paikoff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Daytona Beach FRC Team

Team 2152 is located in Volusia county, where Daytona Beach is, and is sponsored by Embry-Riddle. Maybe you could try contacting them.
Team 79, Krunch 2016 - Mentor
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-27-2015, 04:42 PM
Chopsaw??
FRC #1902 (Exploding Bacon)
Team Role: Marketing

Rookie Year: 2005
James1902 has a reputation beyond reputeJames1902 has a reputation beyond reputeJames1902 has a reputation beyond reputeJames1902 has a reputation beyond reputeJames1902 has a reputation beyond reputeJames1902 has a reputation beyond reputeJames1902 has a reputation beyond reputeJames1902 has a reputation beyond reputeJames1902 has a reputation beyond reputeJames1902 has a reputation beyond reputeJames1902 has a reputation beyond repute

You may want to reach out to FRC Team 2152 out of Volusia County.

Also contact the FIRST VISTAs in the area: Jessie Poen and Joel Croteau.

They should be able to help you out.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-27-2015, 06:41 PM
FRC #5107 (The Neurotoxins)
Team Role: CAD

Rookie Year: 2014
Dr.Gusta is a glorious beacon of lightDr.Gusta is a glorious beacon of lightDr.Gusta is a glorious beacon of lightDr.Gusta is a glorious beacon of lightDr.Gusta is a glorious beacon of lightDr.Gusta is a glorious beacon of light

Being apart of 2152 could be really cool and frankly easier but I will not have a car on campus so I would have to figure that out.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2015, 12:36 AM
Team Mom
AKA: Wendy Austin
FRC #5816 (Gra-V)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2006
wendymom has a reputation beyond reputewendymom has a reputation beyond reputewendymom has a reputation beyond reputewendymom has a reputation beyond reputewendymom has a reputation beyond reputewendymom has a reputation beyond reputewendymom has a reputation beyond reputewendymom has a reputation beyond reputewendymom has a reputation beyond reputewendymom has a reputation beyond reputewendymom has a reputation beyond repute

Team 2152 SMASH is the only FRC team in Volusia County and is sponsored in part by Embry Riddle. It isn't a great distance from Riddle and there are other alumni at the school who mentor the team...perhaps you could ride with them. SMASH has managed to integrate Robotics into their curriculum so their build day begins at noon and goes to 6ish. Let me know when you get into town and I can help set up a meeting for you
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2015, 07:32 PM
FRC #0118 (The Robonauts)
Team Role: Electrical

Rookie Year: 2013
MarcusIsnard is an unknown quantity at this point

I recently committed to ERAU as well(Aero and CS), would love to continue FIRST as well! If you wanna PM me that would be awesome!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: