Go to Post It's all about bragging rights, awards, and pushing the envelope, not necessarily winning or practicality. - ahecht [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Regional Competitions
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-18-2017, 08:54 PM
FRC #5030 (The Second Mouse)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2009
Dominick Ferone is just really niceDominick Ferone is just really niceDominick Ferone is just really niceDominick Ferone is just really niceDominick Ferone is just really nice
Central New York Regional

Hello Everyone,

First off I would like to say on behalf of everyone at Suny Poly and the planning committee we are beyond excited for the Inaugural Central New York Regional. We are only 73 days away!!

We will be welcoming 40 teams from six states and two coming internationally.
I am currently working on getting everything set up for the webpage, but I wanted to have something available for teams looking for information. I will continue updating the page as we get more information, as well as adding some more formatting and design, but the first step is getting the important information out there.

If anyone has any recommendations for the site feel free to comment, as there may be things I missed already.
The event schedule and pit map are being finalized, when we have it available I will let everyone know. We also are looking to keep mentors updated as we get closer to the event. We are working on lunch orders as well as other event necessities, but are welcoming input from teams as well.

Event Page

2014-2018 Team 5030 The Second Mouse (Founder and Mentor)
2014 Rookie All-Star, 2016 NYC Regional Winners, 2018 CNY Regional Winners/Volunteer of the Year, 2018 Buckeye Regional Winners

Last edited by Dominick Ferone : 12-18-2017 at 09:37 PM.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-18-2017, 09:25 PM
Grab a computer and code it up!
AKA: Christopher Hess
FRC #0291 (CIA: Creativity In Action)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2017
Hess1113 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: Central New York Regional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominick Ferone View Post
The link that is provided brings up a "Page not found".
Chris.FRC291@gmail.com
www.team291.com
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-18-2017, 09:29 PM
Programming Mentor
AKA: Brian Rozmierski
FRC #5881 (TVHS Dragons)

Rookie Year: 2016
bdaroz has a reputation beyond reputebdaroz has a reputation beyond reputebdaroz has a reputation beyond reputebdaroz has a reputation beyond reputebdaroz has a reputation beyond reputebdaroz has a reputation beyond reputebdaroz has a reputation beyond reputebdaroz has a reputation beyond reputebdaroz has a reputation beyond reputebdaroz has a reputation beyond reputebdaroz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Central New York Regional

Found it:

https://sunypoly.edu/cnyregional.html
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-18-2017, 09:37 PM

Dominick Ferone is just really niceDominick Ferone is just really niceDominick Ferone is just really niceDominick Ferone is just really niceDominick Ferone is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hess1113 View Post
The link that is provided brings up a "Page not found".
My bad, try it now. I didn't double check my spelling on the hyperlink.

2014 Rookie All-Star, 2016 NYC Regional Winners, 2018 CNY Regional Winners/Volunteer of the Year, 2018 Buckeye Regional Winners

#5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-19-2017, 10:12 PM
🤔🤔🤔
AKA: Justin
FRC #0340 (GRR), FRC #5254 (HYPE)

Rookie Year: 2012
jtrv has a reputation beyond reputejtrv has a reputation beyond reputejtrv has a reputation beyond reputejtrv has a reputation beyond reputejtrv has a reputation beyond reputejtrv has a reputation beyond reputejtrv has a reputation beyond reputejtrv has a reputation beyond reputejtrv has a reputation beyond reputejtrv has a reputation beyond reputejtrv has a reputation beyond repute

I am beyond excited for this event. Reminds me of having Tech Valley and FLR on separate weeks...
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-12-2018, 11:02 AM
Engineer - Controls, Electronics
FRC #2053 (TigerTronics)

Rookie Year: 2013
dougwilliams is just really nicedougwilliams is just really nicedougwilliams is just really nicedougwilliams is just really nice
Question Re: Central New York Regional

Utilitarian question about the competition and venue:

What's the food situation like at the venue itself? Will lunch be available there?

Some venues off a pre-order "box lunch" arrangement, and I didn't see anything about there on the website. Is that happening here?

How far away are the nearest food places, and do you expect them to be flooded with crazy waits due to the competition?

Are there any further details that will be posted or mailed to teams (load-in procedure and expectations, venue specifics, maps, etc?).
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-14-2018, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougwilliams View Post
Utilitarian question about the competition and venue:

What's the food situation like at the venue itself? Will lunch be available there?

Some venues off a pre-order "box lunch" arrangement, and I didn't see anything about there on the website. Is that happening here?

How far away are the nearest food places, and do you expect them to be flooded with crazy waits due to the competition?

Are there any further details that will be posted or mailed to teams (load-in procedure and expectations, venue specifics, maps, etc?).
Hello,
Firstly for more information about food, we have a dining options tab on our events page.Here

We have two dining options on campus, one being a food court style and the other being the buffet style. They are both within a 2-minute walk at most. Being within eyeshot of the Field House. There will also be a concession stand in the field house with some snacks available. (I believe bottles of water, chips, quick items but I can double check.)

We are working on finalizing all the finer points of load in, and other logistics. I will see when the next email will be going out.

Also located on our site, under resources I included some local places of importance, including a few places to eat locally, hotels, and things to do. Plus the big one, sometimes I forget to scout ahead for at events, where hardware stores and supply stores are.

#8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-14-2018, 08:25 PM
FRC #0639 (Code Red Robotics)
Team Role: Driver

Rookie Year: 2015
Mark Westwig has a spectacular aura aboutMark Westwig has a spectacular aura about

Code Red is beyond excited for this event. Its my first time ever attending a week one event and I'm so hyped I decided to volunteer to set up as well! Can't wait to meet all the teams, especially the international teams! Good luck to everyone, I'm sure it'll be a fantastic event, and from looking at the team list, a pretty competitive event as well.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-17-2018, 09:42 PM
🤔🤔🤔
AKA: Justin
FRC #0340 (GRR), FRC #5254 (HYPE)

Rookie Year: 2012
jtrv has a reputation beyond reputejtrv has a reputation beyond reputejtrv has a reputation beyond reputejtrv has a reputation beyond reputejtrv has a reputation beyond reputejtrv has a reputation beyond reputejtrv has a reputation beyond reputejtrv has a reputation beyond reputejtrv has a reputation beyond reputejtrv has a reputation beyond reputejtrv has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, out of curiosity, what is the practice field going to look like? I'm not expecting a full field a la champs, but something large enough for teams to test autos on would be great.
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-18-2018, 03:19 PM

Hello,
We actually have an email going out shortly to all the coaches to answer a few of the common questions we got so I will answer some of them here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrv View Post
Hi, out of curiosity, what is the practice field going to look like? I'm not expecting a full field a la champs, but something large enough for teams to test autos on would be great.
We will have a half field, but I am told it will not be wooden parts. It will feature field quality parts.

For the food situation, we will not have pre-order meals. We have both dining options open on campus. One is grab and g(Food court style) the other is buffet style. The social will be Saturday night at the Campus Center (buffet style) and we are looking into having the gym opened up so people can play Basketball or other activities. There are some limited spaces if teams want to have a scouting meeting or anything.

During the event, SUNY Poly will have an information booth set up from admissions, with a few admissions counselors available to answer questions. They will also be offering tours, with the exact schedule of when coming soon. I will let everyone know what hours and increments the tours will be available.

We will also be having a FIRST Expo on Sunday, which will be in the Student Center. The Junior FLL teams will be having their presentations, and some FLL and FTC teams will be showing off their robots as well.

We will have the live stream running through the official FIRST twitch channel.
After the event, I will personally be uploading all the match footage to either our team's channel or the SUNY Poly FIRST channel( still to be determined). I will also be hopefully making a highlight video, as well as having our 360-degree cameras recording or taking photos during the event to have a cool insight into the competition.

Don't forget to check out our regional webpage at www.sunypoly.edu/cnyregional for more information. There is a tab for the team social, as well as a link to resources which includes important places in the area, like dinning and supply stores.

Everyone here at SUNY Poly is excited to host this week 1 event, and we will have a few more updates soon to answer any more questions. Feel free to let me know of any questions or concerns.

#11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-22-2018, 03:07 PM
Silver Medal Stockholm Syndrome
FRC #5254 (HYPE), FRC #20 (The Rocketeers)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2011
Kevin Leonard has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Leonard has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Leonard has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Leonard has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Leonard has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Leonard has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Leonard has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Leonard has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Leonard has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Leonard has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Leonard has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Dom & Crew- is there any on-site wifi we could hook into for scouting purposes? Additionally, how is the cell service in the arena (also for scouting stuff)?
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-22-2018, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Leonard View Post
Hey Dom & Crew- is there any on-site wifi we could hook into for scouting purposes? Additionally, how is the cell service in the arena (also for scouting stuff)?
I will double check the answer on the WiFi question.
In the Field house you should be able to get a have excellent cell service depending on the provider.

#13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-24-2018, 08:25 AM
Talks too much
FRC #1511 (Rolling Thunder)

Rookie Year: 2005
Josh Goodman has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Goodman has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Goodman has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Goodman has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Goodman has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Goodman has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Goodman has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Goodman has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Goodman has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Goodman has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Goodman has a reputation beyond repute

(Since Frank brought it up)

What are the "must go" food places for those visiting Utica?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominick Ferone View Post
Obviously with it being in Utica
Gotta come for chicken riggies.
And what in god's name is a riggie.
joshuapgoodman@gmail.com
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-24-2018, 09:20 AM
Mishandling game pieces since 2015
AKA: Justin Tseng
FRC #5530 (The Lawnmowers)
Team Role: Electrical

Rookie Year: 2014
jtseng232 is a splendid one to beholdjtseng232 is a splendid one to beholdjtseng232 is a splendid one to beholdjtseng232 is a splendid one to beholdjtseng232 is a splendid one to beholdjtseng232 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Goodman View Post
Not from Utica, but a quick Google search suggests rigatoni.

2014-Present: 5530 The Lawnmowers
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-24-2018, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Goodman View Post
(Since Frank brought it up)

What are the "must go" food places for those visiting Utica?

On our events page we have a link to a few food places that quick foods.https://sunypoly.edu/first/resources.html

Some other places I may recommend is Babes Macaorni Grill(has buy one get one free apps at 9pm)

Applesbees is right across the street with half apps starting at 9

Zebbs is a burger bar.

Theres Pizzeria Uno, Cavallo's, Aquavino

We will be including in everyone's pits or folders a list of supply stores and food places.

We will also have many people around you can ask for information in the area. Our team will be around to field any questions or to offer assistance for anyone's needs. These next few days leading up to the event feel free to contact me if you have any questions or need help.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: