OCCRA
Go to Post However, mentoring isn't for you. It's for the others. - Alan Anderson [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-24-2002, 12:35 AM
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

archiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond repute
Human player strategies?

Posted by Hymnson at 2/10/2001 11:22 AM EST

Student on team #419, The Rambots, from Boston College High School and UMass Boston and Modern Assistance Programs, Inc..

This is kinda question for all teams out there... I
know height is a very big factor for a human player,
this is IF the strategy to the lean the goal against
the glass. But what if that wasn't the case? What I'm
trying to say is, if the goals are going to be left out
of "arms reach," then it should be an element of
accuracy instead of height. I dunno, you guys tell me,
this is just coming from a perspective of a short guy
(5'6/7) against someone who is about 6'2, lol. I just
want to get everyone's opinion.
I guess this would be great basis for the idea of
alternating human players depending on the ALLIANCE'S
strategy. 1 human player is completely height so you
can easily dump in balls, or someone "not as tall" but
can hit the shot from the opp
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

archiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Human player strategies?

Posted by Tom at 2/10/2001 11:58 AM EST

Student on team #25, Raider Robotix, from North Brunswick Township High School and Bristol Myers-Squib.

In Reply to: Human player strategies?
Posted by Hymnson on 2/10/2001 11:22 AM EST:

I don't know if any robots can do this but, what if you could knock the goal over and line the open end with the ball shute at the players station. It would not only save missed shots, it also makes it faster to load balls in the goals.

#3   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Posted by Chris Orimoto at 2/10/2001 12:35 PM EST

Student on team #368, Kika Mana, from McKinley High School and Nasa Ames/Hawaiian Electric/Weinberg Foundation.

In Reply to: Re: Human player strategies?
Posted by Tom on 2/10/2001 11:58 AM EST:

I don't think this is possible because, like last year, the ball chutes are "one-way" only. However, in response to the original message, I think that accuracy is a little more important than height because not all teams will be able to tilt the goal against the glass.

FYI, however, even someone who is about 5'6/7 can deposit the balls over the 7' glass (imho)

Last year, we had two human players. One was like 4'10" with pretty good accuracy to the goals, and one was like 5'9" (and yes the tallest person on our team), who was used to deposit balls into the robot.

Just my personal thoughts...

Chris, #368
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Well,

Posted by EddieMcD at 2/11/2001 12:57 PM EST

Student on team #121, Islanders, from Middletown High School and NUWC.

Posted by Chris Orimoto on 2/10/2001 12:35 PM EST:

Anyone who was at the copetition at the Big-E last September will remember me. I was only 5 feet even, but I shot about 50/50. So I believe the accuracy is more important than height.

#5   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Re: Well,

Posted by Jessica Boucher at 2/11/2001 2:45 PM EST

Student on team #237, Sie-H2O-Bots, from Watertown High School and Eastern Awning Systems & The Siemon Company.

In Reply to: Well,
Posted by EddieMcD on 2/11/2001 12:57 PM EST:

Whats with the tiger?

-Jessica B, #237

#6   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Re: Well,

Posted by EddieMcD at 2/11/2001 11:48 PM EST

Student on team #121, Islanders, from Middletown High School and NUWC.

In Reply to: Re: Well,
Posted by Jessica Boucher on 2/11/2001 2:45 PM EST:

Just a cool pic I like using.

#7   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Posted by Hymnson at 2/10/2001 9:51 PM EST

Student on team #419, The Rambots, from Boston College High School and UMass Boston and Modern Assistance Programs, Inc..

Posted by Tom on 2/10/2001 11:58 AM EST:

: I don't know if any robots can do this but, what if you could knock the goal over and line the open end with the ball shute at the players station. It would not only save missed shots, it also makes it faster to load balls in the goals.

-I think that thats against the rules because someone on my team once told me that things can ONLY go INTO the chute. Nothing is allowed to come out...but its a good idea cuz I thought of that too, lol.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: