Go to Post The best moments of our lives fall in two categories: those that did happen and those that did not. - Jnadke [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > Rumor Mill
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-31-2018, 11:22 PM
Someone
AKA: Nick
FRC #0100 (Wildhats)
Team Role: CAD

Rookie Year: 2016
gellnick will become famous soon enough
2019 Game Season Manual?!?!?

I think the GDC leaked a few pages of the 2019 game manual. It doesn't look finished, probably because it is late March/early April. The field looks disappointing, but I think they will probably add more and make it more exciting. Can't wait to see the official rules!
Here's a link to a google drive thingy:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1imv...ew?usp=sharing

This post does not reflect the view of my team in any way, shape, or form unless otherwise indicated.

Have a great Easter everyone!
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-31-2018, 11:37 PM
Programmer
AKA: Sam Fuchs
FRC #0236 (TechnoTicks)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2014
SamcFuchs has much to be proud ofSamcFuchs has much to be proud ofSamcFuchs has much to be proud ofSamcFuchs has much to be proud ofSamcFuchs has much to be proud ofSamcFuchs has much to be proud ofSamcFuchs has much to be proud ofSamcFuchs has much to be proud ofSamcFuchs has much to be proud of
Re: 2019 Game Season Manual?!?!?

It's so painfully obvious that the GDC has run out of ideas at this point. I'm tired of playing the same game every year. What happened to coopertition? Unfortunately, I wasn't in FIRST at the time, but I look back on old games with a bit of jealousy. When did they stop coming up with fun, creative ideas like having mandated wheels or splitting the field into two completely separate sections? I'm tired of these fast-paced, exciting, strategically complex games - FIRST is overcompensating - just throwing whatever at the wall to see what sticks. Maybe someday they'll come to their senses and realize that we just want our regolith back. Let me know if that happens - you can find me in the shop, watching 2008 Waterloo qm17 on repeat.

2015 - Programming, Electrical
2016 - Lead Programmer, Co-Driver
2017 - Lead Programmer, Co-Driver
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-01-2018, 12:00 AM
FRC #4646 (Team ASAP)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2015
bobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond repute

That's funny, I think I intercepted parts of a VO script for a similar game:

Code:
Welcome to the FIRST Robotics Competition, at this year's game, Hamburger Havoc

Hamburger Havoc is played on a 27x54 foot field called the HOUSE. 
Alliances of 3 teams each operate their robot from behind alliance walls at the end of the field.
The field is divided into five sections:
Red and blue restaurants,
Red and blue kitchens,
and a dining room.

Robots play Hamburger Havoc with hamburger-shaped game pieces.
The objective is to score points by scoring hamburgers onto your alliance's table
The dining room contains a red and blue table where hamburgers can be placed.
Hamburgers may be retrieved from WINDOWS at the alliance walls, fed in by human players.

[DATA CORRUPTED]

During the Endgame period, the Kitchen zones are ON FIRE. Parking outside of the Kitchen will gain the alliance

[DATA CORRUPTED]

Good luck, and we hope you're prepared for an unforgettable year!
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-01-2018, 05:25 AM
Cogito ergo arbitro
no team

Rookie Year: 2000
GaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond reputeGaryVoshol has a reputation beyond repute

There's a random element in the pizza game as well. Whoever makes a Hawaiian pizza will be given an automatic win or an automatic red card, based on a random number generator that will be proven to be not quite random. In Week 3 rumors will abound that Frank is at HQ altering the randomness, depending on what pizza he had the night before.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-01-2018, 12:24 PM
AKA: Vlad
FRC #6331 (Sabotage)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2017
communism is an unknown quantity at this point

This better not be an April fools joke
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-01-2018, 04:05 PM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2003
EricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryVoshol View Post
There's a random element in the pizza game as well. Whoever makes a Hawaiian pizza will be given an automatic win or an automatic red card, based on a random number generator that will be proven to be not quite random. In Week 3 rumors will abound that Frank is at HQ altering the randomness, depending on what pizza he had the night before.
Don't worry, we'll make sure that he's force-fed Hawaiian pizza so he knows how good it is. Yum, yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by communism View Post
This better not be an April fools joke
I hate to break it to you... but what day is it?

"Rockets are tricky..."--Elon Musk

#7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-02-2018, 12:51 AM
FRC #4362 (Gems Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2013
Commandman7 is just really niceCommandman7 is just really niceCommandman7 is just really niceCommandman7 is just really niceCommandman7 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamcFuchs View Post
It's so painfully obvious that the GDC has run out of ideas at this point. I'm tired of playing the same game every year. What happened to coopertition? Unfortunately, I wasn't in FIRST at the time, but I look back on old games with a bit of jealousy. When did they stop coming up with fun, creative ideas like having mandated wheels or splitting the field into two completely separate sections? I'm tired of these fast-paced, exciting, strategically complex games - FIRST is overcompensating - just throwing whatever at the wall to see what sticks. Maybe someday they'll come to their senses and realize that we just want our regolith back. Let me know if that happens - you can find me in the shop, watching 2008 Waterloo qm17 on repeat.
On TBA it says 20-14, but the video says 8-0. I don't know what the significance of this match was but it's mesmerizing.
https://youtu.be/IeMFn4_ZBGk
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-02-2018, 01:04 AM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2003
EricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandman7 View Post
On TBA it says 20-14, but the video says 8-0. I don't know what the significance of this match was but it's mesmerizing.
https://youtu.be/IeMFn4_ZBGk
The extra points are at least partly for balls on top of the overpass (2 blue, 1 red), and then I suspect at least one foul.

Red score breakdown:
4 laps at 2 points each: 8 points
1 ball on overpass at end of match: 12 points

Total score: 20 points.

Blue score breakdown:
0 laps = 0 points
2 balls on overpass, 24 points
1 G22 foul, crossing the line the wrong way, -10 points

Total score: 14 points

I suspect the significance, if any, is that this is one of the exceptionally few times there's been a 1v1 or 1v0 in a qual match (since at least 2005, and I think much earlier).

"Rockets are tricky..."--Elon Musk

#9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-02-2018, 02:25 PM
Fortune teller, not a drill bit
FRC #4557 (FullMetal Falcons)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2013
Van.Augur has a spectacular aura aboutVan.Augur has a spectacular aura aboutVan.Augur has a spectacular aura about

If this is an April Fools joke by FIRST, it's golden

If not, next year will be... interesting.

Inclined to believe it's the first, especially with a name like "Pizza Works"
"Try everything, keep what's good" Paul, 1 Thessalonians 5:21
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-02-2018, 02:37 PM
FRC #0558 (Elm City Robo Squad)

Rookie Year: 2005
Eric Scheuing has a reputation beyond reputeEric Scheuing has a reputation beyond reputeEric Scheuing has a reputation beyond reputeEric Scheuing has a reputation beyond reputeEric Scheuing has a reputation beyond reputeEric Scheuing has a reputation beyond reputeEric Scheuing has a reputation beyond reputeEric Scheuing has a reputation beyond reputeEric Scheuing has a reputation beyond reputeEric Scheuing has a reputation beyond reputeEric Scheuing has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like someone's been playing a bit of Overcooked

2005-2007 || Bobcat Robotics 177
2015-2017 || MechaRAMS 999
2017-20?? || Elm City Robo Squad 558
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2018, 05:00 PM
FRC #3986

TBKahouna is infamous around these partsTBKahouna is infamous around these parts

Do you get an automatic bye to the international championship if you manage to bump Cheesy Poofs as a topping on your pizza?

LOL
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2018, 05:54 PM
FRC #5727 (REaCH Omegabytes)
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2016
Tomithy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBKahouna View Post
Do you get an automatic bye to the international championship if you manage to bump Cheesy Poofs as a topping on your pizza?

LOL
No, but you unlock the ability to use the CornDog game piece

... A plastic corndog as a game piece would actually be an interesting challenge.
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2018, 08:21 PM
FRC #1817 (Llano Estacado RoboRaiders)

Brian Michell is just really niceBrian Michell is just really niceBrian Michell is just really niceBrian Michell is just really niceBrian Michell is just really nice

The Pizza Powered chant just doesn't roll off the tongue like the Steam Powered chant does.

*Any views I express are my own and do not reflect those of any organization I am currently or formerly associated with unless stated.
2015-2016: Programming, Drive Coach
2017: Programming, Drive Mentor
2018-?: Programming Mentor
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2018, 08:45 PM
2 tired brains are better than 1!
AKA: Darrell Holmes IV
FRC #2655 (The Flying Platypi)

Rookie Year: 2017
Darre_Bonfire is a glorious beacon of lightDarre_Bonfire is a glorious beacon of lightDarre_Bonfire is a glorious beacon of lightDarre_Bonfire is a glorious beacon of lightDarre_Bonfire is a glorious beacon of light

I think it would be worth it to have a pizza making game if it means we get to have an actual pizza making robot.

Obviously 254 would make ALL the pizzas.

"It's always Juan's fault!"
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2018, 08:48 PM
FRC #4646 (Team ASAP)

bobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond reputebobbysq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Michell View Post
The Pizza Powered chant just doesn't roll off the tongue like the Steam Powered chant does.
That's because the theme song isn't another variation on Steam Powered, it's this masterpiece.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: