OCCRA
Go to Post Dave was an evil genius in his previous life. - Koko Ed [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-12-2017, 06:06 PM
AKA: Nick Jones
FRC #6220 (M.E.M.E Team)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2016
Bufo_Bufo is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Team Search- Boston MA

I was hoping to find someone who has contact with team 6301, N.E.R.D.S. I just moved to Attleboro, MA and was hoping to mentor a local team. I work in Canton at a food processing equipment manufacturer. If you have any contact with this team, or are on a team near Attleboro, or Canton please feel free to message me or reply here.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-12-2017, 11:16 PM
Technical Director
AKA: Gus Michel II
FRC #3946 (Tiger Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2013
GeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Team Search- Boston MA

If you don't get a referral through CD or any other conduit you've searched, let me suggest contacting one of the FIRST Senior Mentors for eastern Massachusetts (or Rhode Island). They usually have contacts for the teams in their area of responsibility, and hooking mentors up with teams is part of what they do.

If you can't find time to do it right, how are you going to find time to do it over?
If you don't pass it on, it never happened.
Robots are great, but inspiration is the reason we're here.
Friends don't let friends use master links.

Last edited by GeeTwo : 08-12-2017 at 11:21 PM.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-13-2017, 01:27 AM
AKA: Erik Yngstrom
FRC #1768
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2015
FrisbeeFunTime will become famous soon enoughFrisbeeFunTime will become famous soon enough

One of their sponsors is Bristol-Plymouth Voc Tech which I would assume is the school they work out of so you may be able to get into contact with the team through the school itself. Idk any info about the school or even if it has a website with contact info or even if they are affiliated in such a way the the school can get you in contact with them. I pulled that info from their TBA page. Keep in mind that there are sometimes teams who just never come back after their first season which could very well be the case with 6301. Also there is a good chance you won't be able to get into contact with them until at least the school year starts if not a fair bit later.

Edit: On the blue alliance you can search for nearby teams by entering your current zip code into the team finder function. This can help you find teams that are in your area.

Here is the that link to the zip code finder for teams that are within 100 miles of the 02703 zip code which according to Google is one of like 3 zips in Attleboro so idk if it's the right one. According to that there are 3 teams that are all 9 miles away 6301 being one of them. The other two are 3780 and 1350.

https://www.thebluealliance.com/near...rch_type=teams

Last edited by FrisbeeFunTime : 08-13-2017 at 01:35 AM.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-13-2017, 05:15 PM
AKA: Nick Jones
FRC #6220 (M.E.M.E Team)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2016
Bufo_Bufo is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you I actually used that to find this team and after some research i found them and thought they seemed to need the most help. Having created my own team and knowing the struggles we went through i hope to be a valuable asset for them.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-13-2017, 05:52 PM
Sharpie Man
AKA: Nathan Shepherd
FRC #2079 (4H ALARM Robotics)
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2015
NShep98 has much to be proud ofNShep98 has much to be proud ofNShep98 has much to be proud ofNShep98 has much to be proud ofNShep98 has much to be proud ofNShep98 has much to be proud ofNShep98 has much to be proud ofNShep98 has much to be proud ofNShep98 has much to be proud ofNShep98 has much to be proud of

In an effort to reach out to other nearby teams, feel free to contact me on behalf of my team. We're about 35 minutes away from 6301's school.

FLL: 2011, 2013
FRC: 2015 - 2017 / 2079 4H ALARM Robotics
Boston University Class of 2021
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-14-2017, 09:20 AM
AKA: Steve Viera
FRC #0088 (TJ^2)

Rookie Year: 2007
sviera88 is an unknown quantity at this point

I PM'ed you the Lead Mentor's contact information. Please let me know if you have any issues getting in touch with him.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-14-2017, 10:24 AM
Back after 4 years off
FRC #5279
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2005
JamesBrown has a reputation beyond reputeJamesBrown has a reputation beyond reputeJamesBrown has a reputation beyond reputeJamesBrown has a reputation beyond reputeJamesBrown has a reputation beyond reputeJamesBrown has a reputation beyond reputeJamesBrown has a reputation beyond reputeJamesBrown has a reputation beyond reputeJamesBrown has a reputation beyond reputeJamesBrown has a reputation beyond reputeJamesBrown has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bufo_Bufo View Post
I was hoping to find someone who has contact with team 6301, N.E.R.D.S. I just moved to Attleboro, MA and was hoping to mentor a local team. I work in Canton at a food processing equipment manufacturer. If you have any contact with this team, or are on a team near Attleboro, or Canton please feel free to message me or reply here.
I will be moving to the area (Pawtucket, RI) in September, and will be looking for a team. if you get in touch with 6301 and they are looking for mentors please reach out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sviera88 View Post
I PM'ed you the Lead Mentor's contact information. Please let me know if you have any issues getting in touch with him.

Could you send the contact info my way as well?

5279 (2015-Present)
3594 (2011)
3280 (2010)
1665 (2009)
1350 (2008-2009)
1493 (2007-2008)
1568 (2005-2007)

Last edited by JamesBrown : 08-14-2017 at 10:28 AM.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-14-2017, 05:50 PM
2015-17 Championship Divisional LRI
AKA: Dana P. Henry
FRC #0839 (Rosie Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2002
Rosiebotboss has a reputation beyond reputeRosiebotboss has a reputation beyond reputeRosiebotboss has a reputation beyond reputeRosiebotboss has a reputation beyond reputeRosiebotboss has a reputation beyond reputeRosiebotboss has a reputation beyond reputeRosiebotboss has a reputation beyond reputeRosiebotboss has a reputation beyond reputeRosiebotboss has a reputation beyond reputeRosiebotboss has a reputation beyond reputeRosiebotboss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Rosiebotboss

Hi folks, like GeeTwo, said, reach out to your FSM. That would be me. Drop me an email at dhenry@firstinspires.org if you still need assistance.
KPCB Entrepreneurship 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
Rookie All Star and Top Rookie Seed 2002
Paul Harris Fellow, CMP Inspector 05-16, Head LRI NE FIRST JTB 1944-2008 "What did you do with your dash?"
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-15-2017, 08:27 AM
Back after 4 years off
FRC #5279
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2005
JamesBrown has a reputation beyond reputeJamesBrown has a reputation beyond reputeJamesBrown has a reputation beyond reputeJamesBrown has a reputation beyond reputeJamesBrown has a reputation beyond reputeJamesBrown has a reputation beyond reputeJamesBrown has a reputation beyond reputeJamesBrown has a reputation beyond reputeJamesBrown has a reputation beyond reputeJamesBrown has a reputation beyond reputeJamesBrown has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosiebotboss View Post
Hi folks, like GeeTwo, said, reach out to your FSM. That would be me. Drop me an email at dhenry@firstinspires.org if you still need assistance.
Thanks Dana, Steve from 88 sent some contact info, if that doesn't work out then I will get in touch.

5279 (2015-Present)
3594 (2011)
3280 (2010)
1665 (2009)
1350 (2008-2009)
1493 (2007-2008)
1568 (2005-2007)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: