Pronto Scout Release
Pronto Scout is a scouting server program designed to simplify and objectify the scouting process.
Java Runtime & a Java EE compliant Server (We use Glassfish, but Apache Tomcat should also work just fine)
(Optional) A router, and other input devices (smartphone, laptops)
1. Download the attached .war file.
2. Install Java and [Glassfish] on your hosting computer. Create and setup a new domain. Documentation.
3. Start the domain.
4. Upload and deploy the .war file to your server.
5. Setup a network so other computers can connect to it. If you don't set up a network, you can still use the program on the local end, but not on other devices.
Screenshots attached. (As you can see, the interface is designed specifically for smartphones and small screen devices. There might be style problems viewing the page with non-standard-compliant browsers *cough* IE6 *cough* as I'm using newer features of HTML5.)
1. Data Entry: Tracks everything that has to do with points. Shoot scoring, balancing, fouls...etc.
2. Backup: Every time data is changed, the program creates a backup file on the server. If you enter some wrong data, you can revert to a previous backup. (You can also un-revert a backup because a backup file is created when you revert to backup.)
3. Read/modify existing data: Be warned that the team/round combination has to be unique. For example, if I enter two sets of data with Team 3070 Round 1, the first set will be replaced with the second set. (In case you didn't want that to happen and it did, see feature 2.)
4. Display results: You can choose to display for all teams, in which case, a table of computed results for each team is displayed, plus a pretty chart comparing their average shooting, balancing, and total combined scores. Or you can choose to see stats for specific teams, where you can see their performance history and computed stats. This page is designed to be printer-friendly.
Feedback, feature requests, troubleshooting help, bug reports...etc welcome. If you want the source code of the program (netbeans project, sorry eclipse fans), contact me directly. I also have a version of the program where there is an integrated restricted access (login/logout) system, but it would require advanced knowledge to set up, so contact me if you want that one too.
Last edited by Patrick Chiang : 03-20-2012 at 09:38 PM.
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|