OCCRA
Go to Post FIRST people are so cool. - Karibou [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > CAD
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-22-2014, 05:56 PM
Andrew Lawrence

CAD Library for most every FRC COTS gear available

Hello all - I've made a CAD library for every VEXPro/WCP and most AndyMark gears. Mainly the one's you'll all likely be using. The download link to the folder can be found here. The library contains 180 gear files, split between native Solidworks files and STEP files (sorry, I only have access to Solidworks to make files).

Inside the main folder is a Read Me text file. There's some pretty useful information about the library on there, so please take a short glance at it.

I hope some of you find this helpful, and will be surprised about many gear sizes and combinations that you may not have known about before (like I was when making this library).

VEXPro/WCP gear CAD is credited to VEXPro and West Coast Products. Unfortunately there is very little CAD for AndyMark gears, so I had to make most of those myself. That being said, credit to AndyMark for providing some information on their gears that allowed them to be modeled.

Thank you for using my library, and if you have any questions/comments/concerns, feel free to contact me via methods posted in the Read Me text file or through this thread.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-22-2014, 08:37 PM
Team Captain
FRC #2002 (Tualatin Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2006
JorgeReyes is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: CAD Library for most every FRC COTS gear available

Thanks for taking the time to do this. This will help my team very much in our CAD
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-24-2014, 03:02 AM
AndyMark Mechanical Engineer
AKA: Nathan
FRC #3940 (CyberTooth)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2005
NathanNFM has a reputation beyond reputeNathanNFM has a reputation beyond reputeNathanNFM has a reputation beyond reputeNathanNFM has a reputation beyond reputeNathanNFM has a reputation beyond reputeNathanNFM has a reputation beyond reputeNathanNFM has a reputation beyond reputeNathanNFM has a reputation beyond reputeNathanNFM has a reputation beyond reputeNathanNFM has a reputation beyond reputeNathanNFM has a reputation beyond repute
Re: CAD Library for most every FRC COTS gear available

Thanks again for this Andrew, in the same spirit I have created an expansion pack of sorts that includes solidworks versions (with correct material) of all the 25 chain sprockets from VexPro

I have used the same naming structure as Andrew for ease of use.

There is a folder for 35 chain sprockets but it is currently empty as I have no use for these. I may populate it at a later date

Download link

[2016-20??]: Mentor: FRC Team 3940"CyberTooth"
[2013-2016]: Mentor: FRC Team 365 "MOE"
[2012-2013]: Mentor: FRC Team 3929 "Atomic Dragons"
[2011-2012]: Mentor: FRC Team 365 "MOE"
[2008-2011]: Student: FRC Team 365 "MOE"
[2007-2008]: Student: FTC Team 365 "MOE"
[2005-2007]: Student: FLL Team "The MOEstangs"

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: