OCCRA
Go to Post A very important thing that I learned is how to think, not what to think. - Anna B. [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > ChiefDelphi.com Website > Extra Discussion
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-05-2018, 04:54 PM
ZebraReality Labs
FRC #0900 (Zebracorns)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2016
Forrest_Hurley has much to be proud ofForrest_Hurley has much to be proud ofForrest_Hurley has much to be proud ofForrest_Hurley has much to be proud ofForrest_Hurley has much to be proud ofForrest_Hurley has much to be proud ofForrest_Hurley has much to be proud ofForrest_Hurley has much to be proud of
paper: ZebraReality 0.1-0.3

Thread created automatically to discuss a document in CD-Media.

ZebraReality 0.1-0.3 by Forrest_Hurley
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-05-2018, 04:54 PM
"Who's Marshall?"
FRC #0900 (The Zebracorns)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2003
marshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond repute
Re: paper: ZebraReality 0.1-0.3

In continuing with our Star Wars theme, I just want to say that we're really proud of this technological terror that we've constructed and that the ability to simulate a robot is insignificant next to the power of our students.
Clarke's Laws
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-05-2018, 05:11 PM
Waiting for my Tableau Sponsorship
AKA: Mikal Dieatrick
no team (Volunteer)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2014
MikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond repute

Sooooo you basically did what Synthesis has been doing but in the Unreal Engine.

Neat.

Join the FRC Discord!
FRC4513 (Circuit Breakers)
*Student: 2014-2017
*Drive Coach: 2016-2017

Volunteer
A/V: West Valley, PNW DCMP 2018
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-05-2018, 06:04 PM
Mentor
FRC #0987 (High Rollers)

Rookie Year: 2005
Hjelstrom has a reputation beyond reputeHjelstrom has a reputation beyond reputeHjelstrom has a reputation beyond reputeHjelstrom has a reputation beyond reputeHjelstrom has a reputation beyond reputeHjelstrom has a reputation beyond reputeHjelstrom has a reputation beyond reputeHjelstrom has a reputation beyond reputeHjelstrom has a reputation beyond reputeHjelstrom has a reputation beyond reputeHjelstrom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall View Post
In continuing with our Star Wars theme, I just want to say that we're really proud of this technological terror that we've constructed and that the ability to simulate a robot is insignificant next to the power of our students.
Wow this is awesome! We played with the idea of doing this and even spent a little bit of time working on the models but never finished anything. Really cool!
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-05-2018, 06:06 PM
The Philadelphian emigrant
AKA: Ari Meles-Braverman
FRC #5987 (Galaxia)

Rookie Year: 2012
AriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond reputeAriMB has a reputation beyond repute

At first I thought this would be a paper explaining how to see the world through the twisted alternate reality of a Zebracorns student. Then I realized that's impossible.

Turns out I wasn't so far off in the end.
2012-2016: FRC 423 Member 15njtab 15padre 16paphi
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-05-2018, 09:48 PM
Another day, gotta give 'em hell
AKA: It's burning straight through the dark...
FRC #1293 (Pandamaniacs); FTC #11444 (Garnet Squadron) (Also, CD mod.)

Rookie Year: 2004
Billfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond repute

I had the privilege to try this out in Houston. It's the real deal. One match of it and I was raving about it to all kinds of people.

As to the thought of multiplayer, I bet you could get 80% of the benefit just getting one additional robot running around. That's enough to simulate a lot of defense strategies, traffic flow around scoring locations, and even some endgames like in 2012.

2004-2006: FRC 1293 (D5 Robotics) - Student, Mentor, Coach
2007-2009: FRC 1618 (Capital Robotics) - Mentor, Coach
2009-2013: FRC 2815 (Los Pollos Locos) - Mentor, Coach - Palmetto '09, Peachtree '11, Palmetto '11, Palmetto '12
2010: FRC 1398 (Keenan Robo-Raiders) - Mentor - Palmetto '10
2014-2016: FRC 4901 (Garnet Squadron) - Co-Founder and Head Bot Coach - Orlando '14, SCRIW '16
2017: FRC 5402 (Iron Kings) - Mentor, Coach (oh, and I worked at AndyMark during this time)
2018-: FRC 1293 (Pandamaniacs) - Mentor

117 events (more than will fit in a ChiefDelphi signature), 15 seasons, over 74,500 miles, and still on a mission from Bob.
Rule #1: Do not die. Rule #2: Be respectful. Rule #3: Be safe. Rule #4: Follow the handbook.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-06-2018, 07:41 AM
"Who's Marshall?"
FRC #0900 (The Zebracorns)

Rookie Year: 2003
marshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfred View Post
I had the privilege to try this out in Houston. It's the real deal. One match of it and I was raving about it to all kinds of people.

As to the thought of multiplayer, I bet you could get 80% of the benefit just getting one additional robot running around. That's enough to simulate a lot of defense strategies, traffic flow around scoring locations, and even some endgames like in 2012.
I seriously thought about getting Andy to provide a quote for this paper but I think I’m going to roll with “it’s like Synthesis, except in unreal” from now on.
Clarke's Laws

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: