OCCRA
Go to Post Finish... what an interesting concept. I'm still hoping to do that to our 2003 bot. - Joshua May [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
  #46   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-25-2007, 10:02 PM
Waiting for the storm
FRC #0832
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2005
DonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Predictions Week 4: Bash Fests in Boston, San Diego & Waterloo. Big Scores @ Buc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Holley View Post
I agree...we crippled our own team in hopes of making this regional more competitive by getting all of the "outer ring rookies" as they were called up and running.
Well, some years you gotta do that, and rest comfortable knowing that IT WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO, absolutely 100% Gracious Professionalism. I sure hope the rookies were grateful. I wasn't even there, but I appreciate your sacrifice. Maybe one of those rookies will come back next year to dominate the regional!! (we can only hope).

Don

*All comments are mine and do not represent my employer*
  #47   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-25-2007, 11:06 PM
Raul's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Somewhat Useful Person
no team (Formerly - Wildstang)

Rookie Year: 1996
Raul has a reputation beyond reputeRaul has a reputation beyond reputeRaul has a reputation beyond reputeRaul has a reputation beyond reputeRaul has a reputation beyond reputeRaul has a reputation beyond reputeRaul has a reputation beyond reputeRaul has a reputation beyond reputeRaul has a reputation beyond reputeRaul has a reputation beyond reputeRaul has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Predictions Week 4: Bash Fests in Boston, San Diego & Waterloo. Big Scores @ Buc

Joe,

I can't wait to see your predictions for week 5, especially WMR.

Raul
  #48   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-26-2007, 11:02 AM
Chase perfection. Catch excellence.
AKA: Let's bring CD back to the way it used to be
FRC #0125 (NU-TRONs, Team #11 Alumni (GO MORT))
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2001
Brandon Holley has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Holley has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Holley has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Holley has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Holley has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Holley has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Holley has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Holley has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Holley has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Holley has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Holley has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Holley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Rotolo View Post
Well, some years you gotta do that, and rest comfortable knowing that IT WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO, absolutely 100% Gracious Professionalism. I sure hope the rookies were grateful. I wasn't even there, but I appreciate your sacrifice. Maybe one of those rookies will come back next year to dominate the regional!! (we can only hope).

Don
Thanks don, that means a lot coming from you

and Richard...the "outer-ring" rookies, referred to where they were located....about 7 rookies were located a good chunk away from the rest of the pit, and another 10 or so were on the outskirts on the other side so the "outer ring" referred to these 20ish teams located on the "suburbs" of pit land.

They were also the rookies that needed the most help

NUTRONs (Team 125) '05-???

#49   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-27-2007, 09:33 PM
A Pirate's Life For Me...
AKA: Christina
FRC #0467 (Duct Tape Bandits)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2005
angelc24 has a spectacular aura aboutangelc24 has a spectacular aura aboutangelc24 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to angelc24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Holley View Post
Thanks don, that means a lot coming from you

and Richard...the "outer-ring" rookies, referred to where they were located....about 7 rookies were located a good chunk away from the rest of the pit, and another 10 or so were on the outskirts on the other side so the "outer ring" referred to these 20ish teams located on the "suburbs" of pit land.

They were also the rookies that needed the most help
I was actually of the opinion that some of those "outer ring" rookies had some pretty good machines. I know at least half of our team spent most of their day helping teams in that last row rather than the outer ring.

"Whether a bot is made of new parts, old parts or spare parts, you can shine no matter what you're made of"
2005 Delphi Driving Tomorrow's Technology Award
2006 Xerox Creativity Award
2006 Delphi Driving Tomorrow's Technology Award
2007 Johnson and Johnson Sportsmanship Award
2008 Judges' Award
  #50   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-27-2007, 09:43 PM
Chase perfection. Catch excellence.
AKA: Let's bring CD back to the way it used to be
FRC #0125 (NU-TRONs, Team #11 Alumni (GO MORT))
Team Role: Engineer

Brandon Holley has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Holley has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Holley has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Holley has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Holley has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Holley has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Holley has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Holley has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Holley has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Holley has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Holley has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Holley

A lot of teams needed help...the outer ring was that last row as well as the seperated part of the pits.......it doesnt really matter does it?

NUTRONs (Team 125) '05-???

#51   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-28-2007, 12:34 PM
Professional Photographer
FRC #0078 (Air Strike)
Team Role: Mentor

Joe Menassa has much to be proud ofJoe Menassa has much to be proud ofJoe Menassa has much to be proud ofJoe Menassa has much to be proud ofJoe Menassa has much to be proud ofJoe Menassa has much to be proud ofJoe Menassa has much to be proud ofJoe Menassa has much to be proud ofJoe Menassa has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Joe Menassa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Johnson View Post

NOTES
[1] Anyone within 5 counties of Plymouth, MA during the Rumble at the Rock that year heard the cries of "TIMBER" and that sickening THUD as Team #88's wicked awesome tall robot hit the pavement (and I DO mean pavement, the Rumble was held in a parking lot that year). FIRST's rule against tipping mechanisms is a direct result of the Rhode Warrior 1997 robot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Johnson View Post

Yes, there were other teams that had flippers BUT Team 121 that had one of the best flippers if not THE best and they had drivers that were very effective at using it. Even more, they were clearly the most famous team employing the strategy. Other teams (myself included) dreaded the day that we might come up against them. It was a legal strategy and but we lived in fear of it.
She was brought back to life in 2004...

Can we bring her to IRI?

#52   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-28-2007, 12:36 PM
Ready to STRIKE!
AKA: Rick Blight
FRC #0078 (AIR STRIKE)
Team Role: Coach

Rick has a reputation beyond reputeRick has a reputation beyond reputeRick has a reputation beyond reputeRick has a reputation beyond reputeRick has a reputation beyond reputeRick has a reputation beyond reputeRick has a reputation beyond reputeRick has a reputation beyond reputeRick has a reputation beyond reputeRick has a reputation beyond reputeRick has a reputation beyond repute

That machine can score tubes but can't climb ramps... To see video of the infamous match: http://www.rhodewarrior.org/video/1997/

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: