OCCRA
Go to Post I have a feeling this is going to be a really good year.:) - Richard Wallace [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > ChiefDelphi.com Website > Extra Discussion
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-04-2018, 12:58 PM
A foolish programmer
FRC #0900 (Zebracorns)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2015
Ryan-Greenblatt has a reputation beyond reputeRyan-Greenblatt has a reputation beyond reputeRyan-Greenblatt has a reputation beyond reputeRyan-Greenblatt has a reputation beyond reputeRyan-Greenblatt has a reputation beyond reputeRyan-Greenblatt has a reputation beyond reputeRyan-Greenblatt has a reputation beyond reputeRyan-Greenblatt has a reputation beyond reputeRyan-Greenblatt has a reputation beyond reputeRyan-Greenblatt has a reputation beyond reputeRyan-Greenblatt has a reputation beyond repute
paper: N.I.D.E.C. Nominally Iterative Deterministic Approach to Efficient Computation of Swerve Motion...

Thread created automatically to discuss a document in CD-Media.

N.I.D.E.C. Nominally Iterative Deterministic Approach to Efficient Computation of Swerve Motion... by Ryan-Greenblatt
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-04-2018, 12:59 PM
A foolish programmer
FRC #0900 (Zebracorns)

Rookie Year: 2015
Ryan-Greenblatt has a reputation beyond reputeRyan-Greenblatt has a reputation beyond reputeRyan-Greenblatt has a reputation beyond reputeRyan-Greenblatt has a reputation beyond reputeRyan-Greenblatt has a reputation beyond reputeRyan-Greenblatt has a reputation beyond reputeRyan-Greenblatt has a reputation beyond reputeRyan-Greenblatt has a reputation beyond reputeRyan-Greenblatt has a reputation beyond reputeRyan-Greenblatt has a reputation beyond reputeRyan-Greenblatt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: paper: N.I.D.E.C. Nominally Iterative Deterministic Approach to Efficient Computa

"You might want to start a thread for it
Make a “best thing since white papers” joke or something" - marshall
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-04-2018, 01:10 PM
FRC #0900 (Zebracorns)
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2014
Brainiac33 has a reputation beyond reputeBrainiac33 has a reputation beyond reputeBrainiac33 has a reputation beyond reputeBrainiac33 has a reputation beyond reputeBrainiac33 has a reputation beyond reputeBrainiac33 has a reputation beyond reputeBrainiac33 has a reputation beyond reputeBrainiac33 has a reputation beyond reputeBrainiac33 has a reputation beyond reputeBrainiac33 has a reputation beyond reputeBrainiac33 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: paper: N.I.D.E.C. Nominally Iterative Deterministic Approach to Efficient Computa

I know you poured a lot of time into this paper, specifically the title. Let the flow of comments begin!

#4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-04-2018, 04:16 PM
Somebody Else
AKA: Gus Michel II
no team
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2013
GeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac33 View Post
I don't think that I can take it, 'cause it took so long to fake it. And I'll never wind that armature aga-a-a-ain!

Edit: for those too young or totally confused. Check out the refrain of the lyrics, but listen to some version or 'nother.

If you can't find time to do it right, how are you going to find time to do it over?
If you don't pass it on, it never happened.
Robots are great, but inspiration is the reason we're here.
Friends don't let friends use master links.
[Quoting brennonbrimhall]: We design a new robot every year, but we can't forget that we also design a new team every year as folks come and go.

Last edited by GeeTwo : 07-04-2018 at 06:05 PM.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-04-2018, 07:09 PM
FRC #0900 (Zebracorns)
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2014
Brainiac33 has a reputation beyond reputeBrainiac33 has a reputation beyond reputeBrainiac33 has a reputation beyond reputeBrainiac33 has a reputation beyond reputeBrainiac33 has a reputation beyond reputeBrainiac33 has a reputation beyond reputeBrainiac33 has a reputation beyond reputeBrainiac33 has a reputation beyond reputeBrainiac33 has a reputation beyond reputeBrainiac33 has a reputation beyond reputeBrainiac33 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTwo View Post
I don't think that I can take it, 'cause it took so long to fake it. And I'll never wind that armature aga-a-a-ain!
Are you implying that our extremely thorough, and exhaustive motor testing was faked?
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-04-2018, 08:33 PM
Alumni of Team 2053 Tigertronics
AKA: Drew Williams
FRC #2053 (TigerTronics)

jreneew2 has a brilliant futurejreneew2 has a brilliant futurejreneew2 has a brilliant futurejreneew2 has a brilliant futurejreneew2 has a brilliant futurejreneew2 has a brilliant futurejreneew2 has a brilliant futurejreneew2 has a brilliant futurejreneew2 has a brilliant futurejreneew2 has a brilliant futurejreneew2 has a brilliant future

Really good stuff! Did you use this successfully in 2018? I was talking to 2481 and they were saying they couldn't get rotation and translation working at the same time. I'm not going to speak for them but I'm pretty sure they were doing some pose esitmation and running profiles off of that. While I think you guys are doing 4 individual profiles.

I saw a video of you guys at district champs and it seemed like it was working...

I really appreciate the white paper!

Drew

#7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-04-2018, 10:51 PM
Somebody Else
AKA: Gus Michel II
no team

GeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond reputeGeeTwo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac33 View Post
Are you implying that our extremely thorough, and exhaustive motor testing was faked?
No, simply that the paper did not even mention legal brushless FRC motors that I noticed. I also failed to notice any source of power or control in the whole "Flat Jack" series of NIDEC pictures. Fake news.

If you can't find time to do it right, how are you going to find time to do it over?
If you don't pass it on, it never happened.
Robots are great, but inspiration is the reason we're here.
Friends don't let friends use master links.
[Quoting brennonbrimhall]: We design a new robot every year, but we can't forget that we also design a new team every year as folks come and go.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-05-2018, 08:47 AM
"Who's Marshall?"
FRC #0900 (The Zebracorns)

Rookie Year: 2003
marshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond reputemarshall has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreneew2 View Post
Really good stuff! Did you use this successfully in 2018? I was talking to 2481 and they were saying they couldn't get rotation and translation working at the same time. I'm not going to speak for them but I'm pretty sure they were doing some pose esitmation and running profiles off of that. While I think you guys are doing 4 individual profiles.

I saw a video of you guys at district champs and it seemed like it was working...

I really appreciate the white paper!

Drew
This was used in 2018 but it did take us a while before we were able to use it. We had some odd encoder issues that are still a bit mystical. We did resolve that before DCMP and it was working there.

I have to say - despite him trying to embarrass me - that this was Ryan’s magnum opus for the team. It's quite the accomplishment in my book. It was a couple years in the making and I’m really glad he caught his zebra-striped narwhal (white whales are too easy).
Clarke's Laws

Last edited by marshall : 07-05-2018 at 08:58 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: