OCCRA
Go to Post Alright, looks like we've sidetracked into "Off-Topic Land", an area I know I have to visit every so often but I am always happy to leave. - Jessica Boucher [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

search:
Post Quote Username Reverse Sort Order Added By
Go to Post The big lesson we learned ... our past does not limit our future, that superior attitude will beat out big budgets.
Go to Post We build because we can.
Go to Post The object of the team is not to design, build and compete a robot, it is to design, build and compete students. If after four years we have opened a student's eyes to the infinite possibilities they have in their life, it is worth all the effort.
Go to Post FIRST is not about winning awards, it's about learning and advancing the human culture
Go to Post Failure is not an option.
Go to Post Heck, every human being has the potential to change the world, as long as the world still exists.
Go to Post Why drink Pepsi when you can drink Pepsi and program?
Go to Post I think we sometimes forget that FIRST is not just about building robots. Its purpose is to educate and inspire young people in the field of science and technology.
Go to Post Yes, a big part of FIRST is learning from others. But a just as important part of FIRST is learning from discovery.
Go to Post I don't understand why it should matter if your robot is 100% student built, 100% engineer built or somewhere in between. As long as you are Inspired (I word again) FIRST is getting its point and primary goal across.
Go to Post The mission of FIRST is not just to promote science and technology, but to help every student involved to reach their full potential and achieve their dreams shyra1353
Go to Post the chicken crossed the road because it was a boundary. it wanted to demonstrate the spirit of FIRST by crossing that road. Billfred
Go to Post I wonder if Dave thinks the Chief Delphi kids are pimp... Bharat Nain
Go to Post FIRST things first. Astronouth7303
Go to Post We learn from our failures, but our successes reinforce what we've learned. Corey Balint
Go to Post But then again, no one's robot ever is fully working to how they want it before the first tournamant. Billfred
Go to Post I learned about how FIRST really is about so much more than a robot competition, it is about team building and the individual. Bharat Nain
Go to Post FIRSTies always get Two Xmases! Sscamatt
Go to Post No one wants to have the piece that they spent hours swiss-cheesing break in half... Billfred
Go to Post just remember, with power comes responsibility. Billfred
Go to Post one wrong move and you could end up capping one of the judges. that will pretty much ruin your chance at judges' award Billfred
Go to Post FIRST teams do not allow other FIRST teams to fail. Billfred
Go to Post I feel there really is only one team, and the name of that team is FIRST. Kyle
Go to Post Successful FIRST team members know they always can improve themselves, not just as a FIRST team, but as people who can offer something of value to society. Kyle
Go to Post the Robotics team isn't just a club, it's a family. Ashley Christine
Go to Post Programmer's pride. FIRST needs some more. Billfred
Go to Post anything is possible with dedication. Billfred
Go to Post The problem was too many penalties with too much room for judgment. Andy Baker
Go to Post I got dragged into FIRST against my will, and it was the best thing that's ever happened to me. dubious elise
Go to Post Common sense can take you a long way!!! Billfred
Go to Post theres no such thing as the best robot...cuz every robot is the best :D Bharat Nain
Go to Post If mentors don't respect the students' desire to learn and take an active role in the construction, they're missing the point of FIRST. If students refuse to accept the knowledge and experience of the mentors, that's not independence - it's arrogance. RogerR
Go to Post Teach them to fish by catching the first fish for them. (Give them the answer, but also give them how you came to that conclusion) Billfred
Go to Post Limits are imposed by both man and nature. Understanding those limits and attempting to push past them is the basis of creativity. Marc P.
Go to Post It's always nice to have the outside party take a look at your code because one of two things can happen: 1. They write it better. 2. They find your stupid mistake. Astronouth7303
Go to Post You need to stay on top of your classes or you will be back as a returning freshman on next year's team. Ian Curtis
Go to Post Swisscheeseafy - Cutting holes in the robot to decrease weight Beth Sweet
Go to Post "It's not a bug, it's an unlisted feature." CmptrGk
Go to Post Fire and smoke are great if you're into Battlebots, but we like to avoid them in FIRST competitions. Elgin Clock
Go to Post I dont compete to win prizes, I compete to win Pride. ChrisH
Go to Post Getting that degree is the reason for going to college. Failing out of school because you mentored isn't really a good reason. DonRotolo
Go to Post Where before there was boredom and lack of understanding, suddenly I saw why competitions would be fun. Not to sound corny or anything, but it brought a side out of me that I used to never show people in public. I danced, cheered, screamed, and had a blast. Jaine Perotti
Go to Post ah, common sense, not as common as one might think... Kyle
Go to Post "We don't build the robots, we build the robot builders." lukevanoort
Go to Post “There are two ways to compete, one is to drag your opponent down, the other is to raise the bar and excel. Which do you think is more beneficial to you in the long run?” -- John Abele Karthik
Go to Post But no matter how you place, the thing to watch for is the character change in the team members. The trophies are only important for a few hours. The character that is built will last a lifetime. JaneYoung
Go to Post There is no rule that specifically states that you must obey the law of physics during the competition. This may be an oversight. Kyle_Solo
Go to Post The discussion and helpfulness that goes on within this website is a great example of gracious professionalism. Andy Baker
Go to Post why do they call them chips if you can't eat them? JYang
Go to Post "And that right there is the Sharpie line between right and wrong. Guess which side you cut on?" Blue_Mist