OCCRA
Go to Post As for Dave and the stairs, just ignore him like the rest of the FRC GDC does... ;) - Rich Kressly [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

search:
Post Reverse Sort Order Quote Username Added By
Go to Post When teams encounter a problem with their design, sometimes it's best to stop and take a different approach, instead of continuing along a more difficult path. There are often many paths they can take to achieve the same result. Jon Stratis ctt956
Go to Post It's definitely possible to get very near to 100% prediction accuracy with machine learning. All you have to do is use a network at least as large as your data set and neglect to keep your training and testing data separate. Caleb Sykes brennonbrimhall
Go to Post Last time Frank told us change was coming, we got 2015...so... Michael Hill Jarren Harkema
Go to Post Team 1319 has won the safety award a mind blowing 19 times in the last 13 seasons (and easily could have done more). I don't think there is any team that comes close to that level of dominance. AdamHeard itsjustjon
Go to Post Theory is a nice place, I'd like to go there one day, I hear everything works there. JamesCH95 kmcclary
Go to Post We hope that FIRST can help to bring down walls between nations by offering understanding and cooperation among its young citizens. pribusin firecrafty
Go to Post FIRST may have a trademark on "gracious professionalism", but we don't have a monopoly on it. Jared Russell Billfred
Go to Post There are two ways to compete in this world; you can rise above you opponent, or you can drag them down. I'd like to think that we're wise enough in the world of FRC to be constantly evaluating ways to learn from others in an effort to rise above. Karthik tjf
Go to Post Let us celebrate that there are other groups trying to raise STEM to a higher place culturally and that robots are MFD. marshall Billfred
Go to Post If we could harvest a tenth of the meme generator power on the FRC subreddit or the FRC discord server and put it towards making tutorials for programming FRC robots then we'd solve this problem. marshall Billfred
Go to Post I don't have off seasons. I have intermissions. Koko Ed RoboDesigners
Go to Post Off-season - That precious time when one captain has graduated and the next hasn't started pestering you yet. Jon Stratis Joy4201
Go to Post Try to be nice folks. Life is hard enough without hurting the people we agree with. piersklein RoboDesigners
Go to Post The FIRST MEs need to go into field design asking that basic question "WWZD?" (What will the ZebraCorns Do?). GeeTwo Kevin Leonard
Go to Post We all engage our mouths before engaging our brains sometimes. To come along later, admit it, and apologize is admirable. rsisk ctt956
Go to Post We have not had a Friday lunch break for many years. Hang gears with one hand, eat corn with the other. Chris Fultz Billfred
Go to Post Nooooo!!! Travis Schuh Andrew_L
Go to Post Be careful in under-specifying your drive system, It could come back to haunt you later. feverittm ctt956
Go to Post I'd like to win, but I care more that we get to play. hrench Collin Fultz
Go to Post We use plastic when appropriate to do so. Just remember: Before using the random clear piece, clamp it to the table and hit it a good one with a hammer, just to make sure it's not acrylic. EricH ctt956
Go to Post "only YOU can stop magic smoke fires" aJASONt_angles frcguy
Go to Post We've got a long time to get unhealthily creative with our speculations. Welcome to the off season I guess. Nessie ctt956
Go to Post The MER designers had many challenges, but bumper rules were not among them. Richard Wallace Billfred
Go to Post Guys I think we're spending way to much time trying to decide if we should do it and not enough time saying "Screw it!" and doing it anyway. Jalerre nickbrickmaster
Go to Post I'm not calling it idiot-proof, because then someone starts working on a better idiot. Billfred Ari423
Go to Post What do you lose by trying something new? I say go for it. protoserge ctt956
Go to Post I learned something, which was awesome. AustinSchuh Billfred
Go to Post The biggest problem would be that the Cheesy Poofs would become the Soggy Poofs, and no one wants a soggy poof! wajirock KaranY
Go to Post The problem with the water game will be the water. And the game. Probably just the entire water game. Hitchhiker 42 ctt956
Go to Post Electrocution could be a concern. Koko Ed arichman1257
Go to Post Robo- is a fairly popular prefix in team names. -botics is a fairly popular suffix in team names. It's only a matter of time before we get Robobotics. Jeremy Germita BrennanB
Go to Post They were using Victor 888s because they were lying around and forgot to plug in one of the fan wires. In their defense, it was only a small fire, no one got hurt, it went out when they killed the power, and because of the previous things it was kinda funny. arichman1257 Hess1113
Go to Post In their defense, it was only a small fire arichman1257 DonRotolo
Go to Post 67% of all statistics are made up ... just like this one. Daniel_LaFleur ctt956
Go to Post You know what they say, H-Drive is the most GP drive train there is, because other people can tell you where to go (by pushing your bot). messer5740 aryker
Go to Post I for one don't like seeing fires at events. Andrew Schreiber Whippet
Go to Post No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No -A Haiku about that idea T.Krauter PallasPense
Go to Post I think their point was that this is FRC, we can't trust people not to do something stupid. Ari423 Billfred
Go to Post Getting assigned a penalty doesn't make up for the fact that some poor rookie team's whole event just got ruined because their frame caved in. Lil' Lavery Whippet
Go to Post I plugged all the points and dimensions into Solidworks, nothing is defined so my answer is: Unsolvable! (99% sure I did something wrong) Brian M ctt956
Go to Post They built these gyms in the 50's-70's in order to temporarily appease the requirements of high school basketball. However, the Indiana superintendents' plans were to really make these arenas ideal for FRC off-season and district events. It's true. Andy Baker Billfred
Go to Post winning a world championship gives you at least several days of guilt free gloating. he earned it! Chris is me Billfred
Go to Post #howyougonnaliftoffwithnofuel SenorZ Thayer McCollum
Go to Post "It doesn't really feel like a world championship, there's not a lot of teams from around the world here" -A first-year Gear it Forward student I was talking to. Couldn't have said it better. evanperryg ctt956
Go to Post This year's game was very much like basketball would be, if every shot was worth 1/3 of one point, there was no backboard, you had to play with a wiffle ball, and you could score 40 points by carrying a sandwich plate across the court to your buddy six times. mrnoble Jared Russell
Go to Post Watching the field crew build a tarp out of a roll of plastic and some ethernet cables was one of the most fascinating things I've seen at a Championship. Jared Russell ctt956
Go to Post Sometimes I roll a 20 on Persuasion and a 1 on Strategy and we end up with a ramp on a robot that should never have a ramp on it. Kevin Sevcik Kevin Leonard
Go to Post The practice fields usually aren't 'nam. There are rules. Andrew Schreiber Thayer McCollum
Go to Post "It wouldn't be robotics if it worked right the first time" TedG ctt956
Go to Post I've said it before, I'll say it again, don't use GP-ness as a weapon, it's a goal not a tool to beat people into submission with. Andrew Schreiber Jessica Boucher