OCCRA
Go to Post By the way, safety glasses are so in style now, :) - LightWaves1636 [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > CD-Media > Photos
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

photos

papers

everything



Dem Taters be tall.

IndySam

By: IndySam
New: 07-15-2017 05:40 PM
Updated: 07-15-2017 05:40 PM
Views: 1173 times


Dem Taters be tall.

Recent Viewers

  • Guest

Discussion

view entire thread

Reply

07-15-2017 06:53 PM

TheBoulderite


Unread Re: pic: Dem Taters be tall.

In all reality, 2122 has the tallest people I've ever seen on an FRC team. Maybe the reason they're so good is because their driveteam can see more of the field.



07-15-2017 06:55 PM

frcguy


Unread Re: pic: Dem Taters be tall.

I was one of the FTAAs at an offseason event they went to. Their drive team thoroughly intimidated me as a person who's 5' 10".



07-15-2017 07:15 PM

niklas674


Unread Re: pic: Dem Taters be tall.

Been to 3 comps with 2122 and all 3 times Iíve been intimidated and Iím 6 foot. Congrats on SF at iri tators!



07-15-2017 08:06 PM

Golfer4646


Unread Re: pic: Dem Taters be tall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoulderite View Post
Maybe the reason they're so good is because their driveteam can see more of the field.
As a taller than average (former) driver, I'll make a counter-point to that by saying that tall drivers have more obstructions in view! (You know those official team number signs, the ones "above the driver station"? Yeah, I made a joke on practice day at pretty much every event saying they blocked my vision!) (And they did when I stood straight behind them. Never actually affected me in a match as there are enough ways to avoid them if you try.)

Also, congrats to Tators on another impressive performance at IRI!



07-16-2017 10:28 PM

ollien


Unread Re: pic: Dem Taters be tall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfer4646 View Post
As a taller than average (former) driver, I'll make a counter-point to that by saying that tall drivers have more obstructions in view! (You know those official team number signs, the ones "above the driver station"? Yeah, I made a joke on practice day at pretty much every event saying they blocked my vision!) (And they did when I stood straight behind them. Never actually affected me in a match as there are enough ways to avoid them if you try.)

Also, congrats to Tators on another impressive performance at IRI!
Obviously the solution is to be taller than the alliance wall.



07-16-2017 10:29 PM

logank013


Unread Re: pic: Dem Taters be tall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollien View Post
Obviously the solution is to be taller than the alliance wall.
Fuel to the face sounds like a lot of fun.



07-16-2017 10:36 PM

marcusbernstein


Unread Re: pic: Dem Taters be tall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by logank013 View Post
Fuel to the face sounds like a lot of fun.
Better than fuel to the e-stop which happened to a few teams this year. In all seriousness though standing tall at 5'5" the tators drive team looks giant. I met Mark and his crew at champs in 2015, and I was probably about 5'2" then. Even their robot was taller than I was...



07-17-2017 12:47 AM

Andrew_L


Unread Re: pic: Dem Taters be tall.

From my experiences, The Tators are among the tallest and nicest people in FRC. I'm unsure if there's any correlation between that, though, because even their shortest team members are kinder than most. You always know you're in for a treat when you look up and see their faces at an event.



07-17-2017 02:17 AM

TheBoulderite


Unread Re: pic: Dem Taters be tall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_L View Post
From my experiences, The Tators are among the tallest and nicest people in FRC. I'm unsure if there's any correlation between that, though, because even their shortest team members are kinder than most. You always know you're in for a treat when you look up and see their faces at an event.
+1. We've gone to Utah, Arizona North, and a championship division with 2122 over the last four years and they are some of the most gracious professionals in the FRC.



07-17-2017 02:34 AM

Koko Ed


Unread Re: pic: Dem Taters be tall.

They have cool swag.



07-17-2017 02:50 AM

frcguy


Unread Re: pic: Dem Taters be tall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koko Ed View Post
They have cool swag.
Neat! I have one of their tiedye shirts that I particularly treasure.



07-17-2017 12:02 PM

Lil' Lavery


Unread Re: pic: Dem Taters be tall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by logank013 View Post
Fuel to the face sounds like a lot of fun.
Being well shorter than the alliance wall did not save me from this.



07-17-2017 01:03 PM

marcusbernstein


Unread Re: pic: Dem Taters be tall.

Better than the potato to the face one of my scouts took at the Idaho regional...

One of the drive teams threw them into the stands when their number was ed from behind the glass



07-17-2017 01:09 PM

EricH


Unread Re: pic: Dem Taters be tall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusbernstein View Post
Better than the potato to the face one of my scouts took at the Idaho regional...

One of the drive teams threw them into the stands when their number was ed from behind the glass
Sounds like Livewire. If they were in Red 3 at 2015 IE, I ducked or dodged during team announcements.



07-18-2017 09:27 AM

niklas674


Unread Re: pic: Dem Taters be tall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusbernstein View Post
Better than the potato to the face one of my scouts took at the Idaho regional...

One of the drive teams threw them into the stands when their number was ed from behind the glass
Stress potatoes are awesome. Iím glad I have one.



07-18-2017 03:48 PM

marcusbernstein


Unread Re: pic: Dem Taters be tall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niklas674 View Post
Stress potatoes are awesome. Iím glad I have one.
Now I'm just stressed that youre gonna peg me with one next time we see eachother



view entire thread

Reply
previous
next

Tags

loading ...



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 PM.

The Chief Delphi Forums are sponsored by Innovation First International, Inc.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © Chief Delphi