OCCRA
Go to Post Welcome to FIRST. You've never seen anything like this. - Aignam [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > CD-Media > Photos
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

photos

papers

everything



TRI 2018 - Power Down

AllenGregoryIV

By: AllenGregoryIV
New: 07-01-2018 02:50 PM
Updated: 07-01-2018 02:50 PM
Views: 866 times


TRI 2018 - Power Down

Our "Power Down" practice matches were a big hit this year.

Recent Viewers

Discussion

view entire thread

Reply

07-01-2018 06:47 PM

cbale2000


Unread Re: pic: TRI 2018 - Power Down

What kind of cameras are you guys using on the Scale? I'd been thinking about getting a 360 Camera of some sort for the Scale at our off-season event and running that as a separate 360 stream, but haven't been able to find one that would be adequate.



07-01-2018 08:29 PM

AllenGregoryIV


Unread Re: pic: TRI 2018 - Power Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbale2000 View Post
What kind of cameras are you guys using on the Scale? I'd been thinking about getting a 360 Camera of some sort for the Scale at our off-season event and running that as a separate 360 stream, but haven't been able to find one that would be adequate.
We ran 5 IP secruity Ethernet POE cameras for the event. I also thought about running a 360 camera didn't find one that would do the stream the way I wanted.



07-01-2018 08:33 PM

cbale2000


Unread Re: pic: TRI 2018 - Power Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenGregoryIV View Post
We ran 5 IP secruity Ethernet POE cameras for the event. I also thought about running a 360 camera didn't find one that would do the stream the way I wanted.
Yeah, most of them seem to be like action cams and only record. A lot of them also don't point down very easily. =/



07-01-2018 08:37 PM

Darre_


Unread Re: pic: TRI 2018 - Power Down

This was a really good idea, very cool! One question though, would you happen to know if this affected vision tracking in any way?



07-01-2018 08:41 PM

AllenGregoryIV


Unread Re: pic: TRI 2018 - Power Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darre_Bonfire View Post
This was a really good idea, very cool! One question though, would you happen to know if this affected vision tracking in any way?
Of course it would, I don't know of any one that was vision tracking at TRI though. We were only going to do a few matches, then everyone liked it so we kept it going.



07-02-2018 09:28 AM

Stuart


Unread Re: pic: TRI 2018 - Power Down

so after watching the blackout/power down matches I'm jumping off of the #watergame bandwagon and fully on team #darkgame.

These matches were just so visually striking (like a neon lit back alley in a cyberpunk novel). In 15 years of FRC seeing these matches was like watching my first regional as a student.



07-02-2018 09:42 AM

cbale2000


Unread Re: pic: TRI 2018 - Power Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
so after watching the blackout/power down matches I'm jumping off of the #watergame bandwagon and fully on team #darkgame.

These matches were just so visually striking (like a neon lit back alley in a cyberpunk novel). In 15 years of FRC seeing these matches was like watching my first regional as a student.

Is there video of these matches available anywhere?



07-02-2018 09:51 AM

SenorZ


Unread Re: pic: TRI 2018 - Power Down

Nice. Robot speed => length of RSL trail.



07-02-2018 10:10 AM

cbale2000


Unread Re: pic: TRI 2018 - Power Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorZ View Post
Nice. Robot speed => length of RSL trail.
I was actually thinking there was some interesting data that could be extrapolated from this image. Potentially you could not only calculate robot speed, but also locations of high traffic areas, what positions the scale/switches in for approximately how long, etc.



07-02-2018 10:47 AM

AllenGregoryIV


Unread Re: pic: TRI 2018 - Power Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbale2000 View Post
Is there video of these matches available anywhere?
Here is the recording of all of Friday.

https://youtu.be/InQKL4jj5JQ

They start at 8:22:00



07-02-2018 11:04 AM

ahartnet


Unread Re: pic: TRI 2018 - Power Down

We had a limelight on our robot, but ended up not using it in auto. But we unblocked the LEDs and thought it was really cool how it illuminated the cube.

For some reason, I can't post an attachment, so hopefully this link works



07-02-2018 11:31 AM

philso


Unread Re: pic: TRI 2018 - Power Down

This is a nice and easy way to change the game without changing the game.


It was cool to watch while I was at work on Friday afternoon. Not having much in the way of sound made the robots seem kind of "ghostly" as they seemed to "float" around the field.



07-02-2018 11:51 AM

AllenGregoryIV


Unread Re: pic: TRI 2018 - Power Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by philso View Post
This is a nice and easy way to change the game without changing the game.


It was cool to watch while I was at work on Friday afternoon. Not having much in the way of sound made the robots seem kind of "ghostly" as they seemed to "float" around the field.
This only works for games were vision tracking doesn't matter. If you were trying to tune a vision adjusted shooter last year and all the practice matches were in the dark you'd probably be annoyed. So its cool for this year but we won't know if it makes a return until we see next year's game. Maybe just for fewer matches in a vision tracking heavy game.



view entire thread

Reply
previous
next

Tags

loading ...



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:09 PM.

The Chief Delphi Forums are sponsored by Innovation First International, Inc.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © Chief Delphi