08 game hints

Maybe i missed it but was there any game hints for next years game yet??

No official hints… just Dave’s musings.

It’s only August. Go fly a kite or swim in a pool or something. :slight_smile:

Woodie gave a hint. I’m pretty sure he was messing with us but you never know. Also I think there will be a banana in play this year some how…

Yeah, last year we had the banana fish image, but I doubt we will be getting anything other than dave telling us the weight limit has been lowered to 5 pounds until december

Well, 8 pounds, but close enough…

Is that excluding the battery and bumpers?

There’s that trailing dot thing again. That had something to do with game hints last year. Too bad I can’t remember. You know what they say, the mind is the second thing to go and I can’t remember the first.

It’s also a great time to design and test new designs. I hope I can help a team around here this year with some pre-season development.

As I said last year or the year before…

Dave is out to mess with our heads.

I think he may make that the game one year actually. Design a robot to perform brain surgery on your human player.

Um… ya exactly, Dave is going to do that no matter what. I will be very surprised the day he stops messing with our head.

Look, it’s only August. You got approximately 6 months to enjoy your life until season starts. Enjoy it while it lasts…

P.S. - Dave, you can keep on trying, but I am not losing the bet. =)

Depending on how successful you are and how many regionals you attend, you may have to recruit a bit. :ahh:

Define “surgery”. I think we have enough close calls with “surgery” as it is. Thank god for disable dongles.

What no WATER??

Must be from the laxative out robot has been taking.

it could be 8 of any of the following…just remember pound is not just w unit of measure

verb (used with object) 1.to strike repeatedly with great force, as with an instrument, the fist, heavy missiles, etc. 2.to produce or effect by striking or thumping, or in a manner resembling this (often fol. by out): to pound out a tune on the piano. 3.to force (a way) by battering; batter (often fol. by down): He pounded his way through the mob. He pounded the door down. 4.to crush into a powder or paste by beating repeatedly. –verb (used without object) 5.to strike heavy blows repeatedly: to pound on a door. 6.to beat or throb violently, as the heart. 7.to give forth a thumping sound: The drums pounded loudly. 8.to walk or go with heavy steps; move along with force or vigor. –noun 9.the act of pounding. 10.a heavy or forcible blow. 11.a thump.

we could have Rock Em Sock Em robots :ahh:

Is that +8 or -8 pounds? Lbs is a measure of weight, not mass…

Its Zeppelin Time!

Wowwwww.

It’s August. Our last bit of free time before the school year.
& we’re all on CD, already musing about the game? Jeez.

I’d like to enjoy my remaining 129 days, 12 hours, 35 minutes, and 30 seconds until Kickoff without even thinking about the game…

…as if that’ll happen.

Well, just a bit of info, a surgical robot has been designed, one of our students for team 379 and his father (surgeon) were discussing this with me recently. It is known as the Da Vinci Surgical System. The surgeon, places his/her hands into a pair of gloves that, from my understanding, have sensors that replicate all the degrees of freedom found in the human hand. The surgeon also views the patient through some sort of vision system as the operation is going on. The gloves, therefore, control robotic hands/tools inside the operation room. There seems to be several benefits to this system. Check it out at: http://davincisurgery.com/surgery/system/index.aspx

And here we have it, PROOF that it will be an aerial game this year.

Remember that pounds is a unit of weight, not mass.

Blimp-balls will be tethered to the floor at varying heights. The Balls will have a series of D-rings to latch on to. Game play will consist of swinging from these balls tarzan style while shooting smaller balls through 3 rings.

A 20 point penalty will be assessed for touching the ground.

Edit
Wow, I can’t believe I double posted FIVE DAYS apart. I really ought to sleep or something.

We’re having a Kite Robot Water game this year?:yikes:

:smiley: