11 matches played... ...some thoughts...

I am not with my team at the Buckeye Regional. I am dying for information.

The FIRST website seems to be posting scores from the BAE & VCU regionals, but not from the Buckeye Regional (why? to spite me, personally, I am sure :wink:

In any case, with 11 matches played at the BAE Regional, the average winning score is 73. The average losing score is 26. The average QP for the winner is 126.

With 5 matches played at the VCU Regional, the average winning score is 77. The average losing score is 21. The average QP for the winner is 120.

FYI.

Joe J.

Joe-

I’ve got some time today…where are the match postings?

Good luck, CD!

-Jessica B

Listing of Events Page

The above link goes to a listing of all the events. Click on the state to see the scores you are interested in (assuming they are posting from that regional).

Joe J.

Hehe. This is what happens when I stop scouring the pages…I don’t know where anything is anymore.

Thanks.

-Jessica B

Average Winning Score: 76
Average Losing Score: 21
Average QP: 122

FYI…

Joe J

what is a “QP:”

*Originally posted by Tytus Gerrish *
**what is a “QP:” **

Qualifying Point

How many robots with high CG’s ?

All I can go by is the scores. As to CG’s your guess is as good as mine.

Joe J.

From watching the feeds and looking at the scores these are my thoughts.
Almost noone is making an attempt to stack
Many teams have no autonomous mode
Most matches are a slaughter.
Close matches become a QP slaughter.
Makes me wonder about the game???

I started a thread on what people thought about the matches. But noone replied :(.

Teams have autonomous modes but alot of times the human players dont make it back in time.

Bots are falling over constantly. I’d say a bot falls over in almost every other match. Its mainly the taller internal stackers. I don’t think the madcow bot has made it through a match on its feet. The few rampdoms I’ve seen have failed miserably.

So far stackers haven’t stacked and ramp-doms haven’t dommed. The only thing that has worked well is knocking over bins and knocking them out of the way.

I’ve also noticed little teamwork this year. In past years teams have showed some cooperation. This year the matches look like chaos.

Maybe with some practice and rethinking of strategy things will look better tommarow and in the next weeks of regionals.

So far stackers haven’t stacked and ramp-doms haven’t dommed. The only thing that has worked well is knocking over bins and knocking them out of the way.

Whooohooo The kiss philosophy is finally paying off.:slight_smile: There might be hope for our giant pushy army robot that is low to the ground. At least we know we are not going to tip over and die a miserable death(I hope).

KISS is one thing. Cookier cutter robots is another.

How many basher bots do we really want to see?

I feel like it’s last year all over again with a lot of folks wanting, wishing, hoping to make balls matter but except for a broken Beatty in the last game of the Finals, balls would have been totally useless toward winning the match.

I suppose that bins are going to be the balls from last year, except in a few cases they are not going to be the factor that determines the Grand Championship.

If the game is exciting to watch & looks good on TV, I suppose it is a fair trade.

I have not seen the matches first hand, so I will withhold my judgement.

Joe J.

P.S

NH after 49 Matches:
Average Winning Score: 68
Average Losing Score: 24
Average QP: 117

VA after 52 Matches:
Average Winning Score: 76
Average Losing Score: 23
Average QP: 122

Not a whole lot of variation from one regional to another or from the first few matches until now… …For what it’s worth…

Joe I couldn’t agree more with you. Regarding not everybody liking what the competition is like, no offense but when have you seen/known of something that over 25,000 all like? I think we should be grateful no matter what FIRST has come up with.

On a side note I do not believe that totes are the balls from last year, just because you have to hit the totes to be “king of the hill”. I would say that forming a stack (though one is a multiplier and one is a point earner) is more comparable to getting the balls. (Though this point really doesn’t matter, it’s just me 2/1/2 cents)

Tyler

I’m looking at the VCU Winners QP data.

The data actually looks bi-modal with a large number winning with a low QP but a few winning with exeptionally high QP’s.

Mean: 128
SD = 54 points (YIKES)

min: 10
Q1: 89
med: 115
Q3: 179
max: 260

Assuming the VCU matches already played are represenative of all FIRST matches that will be played this year (VERY VERY UNLIKLEY) I’m 90% confident you will get between 117.7 and 138.3 QP’s if you win. Of course we will see continual improvement as the game goes on, thats a good interval for VCU tomarrow.

Greg

*Originally posted by Joe Johnson *
**I am not with my team at the Buckeye Regional. I am dying for information.

Joe J. **

Joe-

SOAP is now digitizing the event. Your team is playing now - match #84 - check out www.soap108.com/2003/movies/oh/

ENJOY!!! Go CD!

KA-108 :cool:

Red: 1206 & 808
Blue: 47 & 63

Blue Wins 60-16

KA-108