120 psi

how do you hold the tanks at 120 psi and regulate it down to 60 psi? when i used the norgren regulator it held the tanks at 60 psi and bled off the rest of the air. So how can you do you store the air without bleeding all of it off? I know this is really simple but it is not working. :confused:

Try putting the regulator on the other way. You might have it such that the 120 psi side is going into what the regulator thinks is the 60 psi side.

EXACTLY! we had this problem i hooked it up backwards(im the electronics and programming guy) the pneumatics guy was being lazy and not coming to class so i had to do it…

that should fix it… so good luck.

We had the same problem when we put it on backwards, laziness is not only on your team.

can some one post a diagram of this because i am having the same problem the system only goes up to 60 psi

Look for the arrow on the regulator. Think of the air as coming “in” the stem of the arrow and low pressure air heading out the “pointy bit” of the arrow. The two side ports are also low-pressure. You will also notice if you look in the ports on the regulator that one looks different inside than the other three. This one is your inlet.

Jason

Take your regulator (set to 60 PSI) and turn the whole thing 180 degrees. (Disconnect the tubing first, then reconnect it after turning.) That should solve it.

What happens should be:
120 –> Reg.–> 60

What is actually happening is:
120–>.geR –> 60, which causes the 120 PSI to bleed off to 60 PSI.

ok that makes perfect sence let me go try it and I’ll see what happens, thanks again

i made that mistake today :slight_smile:

guess what…

our p.s.i limit is

OVER 9000!!!

If you got the pressure over 200 PSI, something is badly wrong. The tubing would probably blow before 500 PSI and almost certainly before 1000 PSI.

This is mostly irrelevant, but I accidentally discovered last weekend that the regulators can make a noise that is amazingly close to that of a foghorn. The trick is start with one completely closed with some pressure already in the system, then slowly let more pressure through. Just something that might be amusing to try if you’re off in the corner working on pneumatics…

The KOP tubing is rated at 175 psi, I believe.