1218 Vulcan Robotics -- 2014 Reveal Video

Here’s our 2014 robot: the Vulcan Vector. We put a lot of work into it and hope you enjoy! Good luck to everybody at the competitions, and we’ll see you at Hatboro-Horsham, Springside Chestnut Hill, and Pittsburg!

Love that sheet metal. Looks awesome!

Gotta love the hockey sticks :smiley:

I don’t even associate a 1218 bot without it having them haha.

Last time I remember they used them as structure for their arm in 2011 they won Chesapeake and a multitude of awards as well. Looking good guys and expecting another winning season.

Could use more carwash however.

looks great 1218! No Aluminum ladder to shoot with this year? :wink:

I love the robot and the design of course. See you guys in Pittsburgh :slight_smile:

Very nice. See you guys on your home court in a few weeks! All the best this weekend.

Awesome awesome 1218! Looking forward to seeing you all this weekend at Hatboro.

Nate

You guys always find a use for hockey sticks. Well done. What is that green material you are using on the pickup roller? Sorbothane?

Thanks! Our kids worked hard on it at our new sponsor’s shop. Can’t wait to see what Daisy has in store for Horsham!

Thanks! It’s a 1218 staple :slight_smile:

Thank you so much!

That carwash video has gone around to our entire team and alumni at this point and they absolutely loved it! Had us all laughing! :slight_smile:

Thank you! Excited to play with you guys at our event!

Thank you so much! See you in Pittsburg! :slight_smile:

Thank you so much! Can’t wait to see what Moe has in store for this year and we’re excited to play with you guys at our event!

Thanks Nate! Looking forward to playing and seeing and you all this weekend too!

Thank you! We actually used tire treads on top of PVC; we found that it gave us the best grip. We’re excited to see you guys at our event! :slight_smile: