[1280] [AUTO] Biosensor Technologies for Augmented Rodent Neuron Autonomous - Bio Auto?

Hello everyone,

We were wondering if a bio-chip could be used to assist in autonomous pathfinding and robot control? Does anyone have a good enough grasp of the rulebook and/or bioengineering to tell us if this system (rodent-neuron-based controller would be legal during Autonomous?

Thanks in advance!

4 Likes

See Advanced Autonomous “Code” for some discussion.

Practically speaking, though, I think you have a long way to go to make such a system technically viable, before you need to worry about legality.

2 Likes

Well, capability is no longer the question just legality. looking at that post it seems to fit within the legal limits especially sine we aren’t using a full animal but neuron cultures

What comes to mind for me is the COTS competent price limit: $600

If the chip is below that then I don’t see why it wouldn’t fall under the same rules as, for example, a limelight.

1 Like

Are you sure the whole rat is illegal? Too bad since this guy probably cost less than $600.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, what’s the type of controller you’re looking at? Are they available to purchase online or do y’all plan to bionengineer it yourselves?

1 Like