1403 Skillman Kickoff

I’ve gotten absolutely no information about the Skillman/Montgomery Kickoff, and with it just a few days away its getting somewhat urgent. I looked at the website and its not really helpful, unless they update it within the next day or so (http://www.cougarrobotics.com/kickoff/). I also emailed the address on that page and have not received a response.

I’m specifically looking for an agenda, when we have to be there for workshops, and what workshops they’ll even have.

Has anyone gotten any information I somehow missed?

Hi Brandon,

Our team received the following information. If you would like, PM me with your email address and I can forward you the original file (or add it here as an attachment when I’m on a computer other than my phone).

FIRST Kickoff Agenda
January 5, 2013
Montgomery High School

7:30 – 9:45​
Registration
​Commons Area – Breakfast Food & Beverages will be available

8:15 – 9:45​
Workshops
• Inventor​Room F-1142
• Pneumatics​Room F-1130
• Gearboxes & Transmissions​Lecture Hall Right
• Chairman Award​ - To be announced
• Lab view presentation beginner​To be announced
• Using Arduino Boards to Teach Robotics Programming

9:45 – 10:00​
Move to the Center for Performing Arts

10:00 – 10:30​
Pre Kickoff Event
 Video’s
 Speakers

10:30 – 11:30​
Kickoff Broadcast from Manchester

11:30 – 12:30​
Kit Distribution – Media Center/Library
​1 Adult Advisor & 1 other person per team

​Open Discussion – Commons Area
​Lab view presentation Advances

Your main contact in TIMS should be getting the emails from Tim Leicht at Montgomery HS (tleicht at mtsd dot us). Did your main contact register to attend the Montgomery Kickoff in TIMS?

I can confirm that this is the correct agenda. I can also add some updates to information about the presentations,

1. The gearboxes and transmissions presentations will have physical examples from Vex PRO, WCP, and AndyMark to showcase different styles and options.

2. We will also have some of the Vex PRO wheels, sprockets and hubs to showcase at the kickoff.

3. Lastly I believe that LabVIEW presentation will be held by a NI representative who is being flown up from Texas.

If you have any more question please pm myself or email our lead mentor at [email protected]

Also I believe we plan to post all the presentations in some form to our website post kickoff.

Thanks guys. I’m the alternate in TIMS and I haven’t heard anything from the main all break, and before break he said he didn’t get anything.