1982 Stanford Vs. Cal Video Clip

Anyone know where I can find that video clip of the end of the Cal/Stanford football game from 1982, aka “Band on the run” when the guy who scored the touchdown for Cal plowed over the Stanford Trombone player? If anyone can find me a link I would really appreciate it.

Enjoy.

George

Eh its .ram…oh well

Gracias.

The band is on the field! The band is on the field!

And that was a legit play too. That poor trombone player probably still doesn’t know what hit him.

i love that playbook graphic on the right

here’s an article about it all, including the trombone player, in case you’re interested
http://stanfordalumni.org/news/magazine/2002/novdec/features/theplay.html

That would be Gary Tyrrell. He sits right next to me at the Stanford games. Hes a really cool guy.

Psst, DJ that will forever be known as ‘The Play’

In my (biased) opinion, that is the greatest play in sports history.

The Stanford band is crazy. They really are. They have an appointed person whose job is to keep them out of trouble with the police…So I hear…

*Originally posted by D.J. Fluck *
**Eh its .ram…oh well

Gracias. **

Whats wrong with .ram?

There are players besides Real that will play it.
If you want to save it, you can, but I can’t tell you here because Brandon says so.

Wetzel

I [listen-to](http://www.listen-to.com) Brandon.

*Originally posted by Alaina *
**The Stanford band is crazy. They really are. They have an appointed person whose job is to keep them out of trouble with the police…So I hear… **

After recent incidents the Stanford Athletic department assigned them a representative to travel with them to all events and make sure they dont do anything too stupid. I certainly do not envy that person, Im sure their life is hell while travelling with the band.

I think the Stanford band has to be the most (in)famous ever. Definitely the only band to ever be Banned from flying on a certain airline. Had playing priveleges revoked indefinitely for all games at Notre Dame for making fun on the Irish Potato Famine during a half time show. Been suspended from playing at countless events for drunkenness, and other random offenses. Oh yeah, and The Play :-D.

On Saturday night our high school band got to sub for the Stanford band at their home opener basketball game. The band was most likely out getting drunk, or caucing other problems around campus at this time. It was totally awesome. Apparently people liked us a lot :slight_smile:

The UVA rally band has the same kind of reputation. They are being shunned by the school now because they’ve decided to have a ‘real’ offical school marching band.

Wetzel