After seeing the thread about the best robot unveiling videos found here…
I felt inspired to challenge all FRC teams active on this forum to make a robot unveiling video for 2011. Welcome to the first annual Robot Unveiling Video Competition (RUV Comp).
Here are some rules…
- You must clearly display your team number and name/logo (if you have one) at some point in your video.
- You must show some part of the building/designing process (drilling, prototyping, CAD, assembling, etc).
- You must show your robot performing some or all of the main aspects of the 2011 FRC game.
- You must have some sort of background music.
- The video must be between two and three minutes in length.
- You must post your video by the first set of regional events.
- Any other creative ideas are welcomed and encouraged!
When you’re done, come back to this thread (which you may want to bookmark or add to your favorites on your web browser) and post the link to your video. I recommend you use YouTube to put it up for viewing, but other video streaming sites are just fine. When the deadline arrives, I’ll post a poll for the best video. The winning team will receive an image file badge to post on their website.
Please know that this challenge is not about which team’s robot is the best, but rather, which team can present it the best.
I’m hoping that if this becomes a thing on the Chief Delphi forums, the leaders of FIRST and FRC will actually make it an official award in future years. For now, this is the best I can do.
If you need inspiration, here are my three favorite robot unveiling videos from last year. They don’t necessarily meet all the criteria set above, but they are a good guide to making your video interesting and exciting.
Robowranglers (148): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hTyXQUgYLE&feature=related
Aero Squadron (39): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5vBpImX8Ds&feature=related
Robonauts (118): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqVVCRmXdiE
Also, for those of you having an “open” FRC season this year as described on this thread…
You can still enter! The fact that you gave details about your robot and its development earlier on doesn’t mean you can’t make a cool video about the end result. Go for it!
Good luck everyone…
Start your cameras!