2 cameras for comp 2019

Sorry I’m not a programming expert but I just thought it would be a way to only use one camera to solve it

0 Likes

Naaah it’s cool.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

0 Likes

You’re welcome

0 Likes

The camera select on the default dashboard shows you a way to switch between any number of cameras.
Look at the dashboard project to see what it does.
You can change the selection to a different method of choosing, e.g., buttons to select specific entries in the camera list.

I’m at an event and not near a LabVIEW machine for the weekend. So I can’t give you an example right now.

0 Likes

Thanks, I’ll check it out tomorrow.

0 Likes

Quick question.

How can I change the combobox selection with the controller? we are using xbox 360 button 7 (Back) to change the camera.

Thanks in advance, The Patient Programmer.

0 Likes

By the way, Unity does not use C++, it uses C#.

0 Likes

I remembered that it was something with “c.” (like I said that was like a year ago.)

Nowadays you can find me on the Babylon.js forums and what not.

Any ideas on the switchy-camera thing?

0 Likes

To do it in the LabVIEW dashboard, you’ll need to create a custom dashboard and wire up a NetworkTables value to change the selection, then set that value in NetworkTables on the robot side.

0 Likes

I’ll try that thursday, thanks for the answer!

0 Likes

I hope this isn’t a dead thread, as I haven’t said anything in a while, but how do you do that? This is my first time with labview (I’m pretty good with js so I am able to do a good bit of stuff in labview because it kinda transfers over). Things like this that are specfic to labview I have no clue on how to do.

direction would be nice.:upside_down_face:

Givo

0 Likes

I’m not very experienced in LabView either. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

0 Likes

Heh. That makes two of us.:upside_down_face:

On other forums I could ping people that help me a lot, but I can’t here. But maybe @Mark_McLeod or @0x54796C6572 could help, as they have tried to help me on this topic.

0 Likes

Sorry, I’ve never used LabVIEW or the LabVIEW dashboard either. As I mentioned, we did this using a modded SmartDashboard, which changed the camera stream’s URL based on a networktables value. I’m not sure if that’s a thing built into the LabVIEW dashboard, or if you have to mod it also…

0 Likes

You can make a labview dashboard project, but with @Peter_Johnson’s idea of

I don’t know how to do that.

Thanks anyway, and sorry for the ping.

0 Likes

Hmm, I’ll take a look into it then. I’ll tell you any progress I make.

0 Likes

For my SmartDashboard dual-camera project, I found the source for the SmartDashboard and modified it directly to add the functionality I wanted. However, I can’t seem to find the source code for the Default/LabVIEW dashboard. @Peter_Johnson, do you know where I can find the source code, or is it closed source and/or is integrated into the Driver Station itself?

0 Likes

A custom LabView dashboard is created by creating a new dashboard project in LabView (same menu where you create a new robot program).

0 Likes

Oh I see what you meant… In that case then unfortunately I won’t be able to help. I don’t have any experience with LabVIEW and I don’t currently have it installed anywhere… Sorry about that.

0 Likes

It’s fine. I’ve found a dual camera settings config that runs the both at the same time.
320x160
10fps
80% compression

and combined the use on average 0.4 Mbps, and at most around 0.7.

Gotta keep the Mbps down this year!

0 Likes