2003 Field

I CANT PROMISE ANYTHING BUT…

Expect the field to have Bowling Balls, or some really hard/heavy object that needs to be dropped.

Maybe a Medicine Ball, although that might be too soft.

They where testing the field above us, and paint chips where falling from the ceiling!!!

Maybe it was just a poor quality paint job?

It could be, but the building was flooded in April and all the water settled on the FIRST floor, just happens to be FIRST PLACE. The whole build cept the 5th Floor is all FIRST. We have storage in the basement, then we have FIRST PLACE, then we have the place where they build the feild, then we have the FIRST offices. Then there is a bank.

To cut a long story short,
The whole place was re-painted in April. And you can really hear the sound. Its LOUD!

mmm, medicine balls…

/me thinks back to middle school gym

it would be pretty cool if they had medicine balls, because those are nice and big, and they weigh a lot. the only problem is buying one to test your bot with, cause FIRST sure as hell isn’t going to supply one to each team :smiley:

Hmmm… Bowling balls instead of soccer balls do you think they will still have ten behind the player stations to be thrown out??? :confused: Ouch that might hurt if you miss.

Come on it can’t be hard and it can’t be heavy. Think about it, there is always a human player side to this game. Do you really think they are allow to freely throw heavy stuff. Even a better question, how can an average person throw a heavy object that far. Besides smashing up the field, could you think of the liability if a person was hit with a hard object. You can just reject this as common sense. They are mostly likely constructing something, that always makes a lot of noise.

/me echoes Kyle’s post

*Originally posted by Kyle Fenton *
**They are mostly likely constructing something, that always makes a lot of noise. **

That was the first thing that came into my mind.

By the way… I was joking about the paint…

Hmmm, Maybe they where building something. I’ll ask if they were on monday, doubt I’ll get a straight answer though

well, they could always just let you bowl the bowling ball out through a little hole at the bottom of the player station… :smiley:

Think of all the damage that will be done to the robots is there are bowling balls going around the playing field. Some teams would end up spending alittle extra time in the pit area. :wink:

The game would be a lot more boring because there would be no airborne projectiles such like the current soccer balls. If a human can’t throw the bolwing ball how the heck will a robot do it? I think if there were bowling balls or medicine balls on the field, the game would just be a glorified version of shuffleboard.

that could actually be a possibility which scares me very much although it would be viewer friendly but scary none the less :eek: :eek: :eek: :frowning:

Just look at it this way… if there WILL BE bowling balls… why does that also have to be the human player aspect of the game as well? Bowling balls on the field, some other sort of object for the human players…

…who knows :smiley:

I see it now. Elf bowling freestyle mechanical remix. that would make an interesting game for about ten minutes…

SKEE BALL!!!

(please kill this thread)

Wait… … … when hasn’t the game been a glorified version of shuffleboard???

This sounds like a good way to damage the floor under the carpet. I highly doubt FIRST would employ heavy objects being dropped from any height.

…the robots themselves do enough damage to the carpet and floor…

*Originally posted by Jon Lawton *
**This sounds like a good way to damage the floor under the carpet. I highly doubt FIRST would employ heavy objects being dropped from any height.

…the robots themselves do enough damage to the carpet and floor… **

It’s people like you that spoil the fun of dumbasses like me…

>: (

My inside source tells me that we will be stacking boxes with different colores on each end. Teams can steal the stack by balancing their color on top. There are three sizes of boxes all cubes, 12’, 18’ and 24".

Each team can build 2 robots but both must be within the starting size at the beginning of the match. They are not tethered. You really have a game of 2 vs 2 but you have the 2 robots.

Sounds like fun.