2003 Off Season Competitions - a list of what, when and where

There are many off-season competitions happening out there, from the new Beantown Blitz in the east to Cal Games in the west. I’m just a simple guy from Indiana, and I have a hard time tracking down when and where all of these competitions are taking place.

So… please respond and post the details of your post season competition.

I’ll start:

Indiana Robotics Invitational
4th annual
July 18-19
Lawrence North HS, Indianapolis, Indiana
$300 entry fee
40 teams max
Main contacts: Scott Ritchie (234), Libby Ritchie (393), Andy Baker (45) David Kelly (234)
website coming soon

Andy B.

Good idea, Andy.

I’ve made this thread stuck at the top. Please just post the info for the competitions here … place any details/discussion in a separate thread.

BattlyCry4@WPI](http://www.wpi.edu/+battlecry)
Sponsored by WPI and Tyco

Saturday June 14th, 2003
Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, MA
$200 entry fee (includes medal and 10 t-shirts)
36 Teams

Registration opens May 1st at 8:00am EDT, and spots usually fill within an hour.
Contact [email protected] or call Ken Stafford @ 508-831-6122 for more info.

The 6th annual PA Robot Challenge
Where: Tunkhannock PA
When: May 10th
Entrance fee: $250
Team limit: 28

We have our 28 teams, but you may sign up for the waiting list or just come to cheer!

Rally in the Valley

May 10th, Lebanon high school, Lebanon New Hampshire.

$100 entry fee

20+ teams

Website for contact info and registration details. More is pending.

We promise it won’t snow again this year, really.

-Andy A.

Sweet Repeat IV
Rochester High School
Rochester Hills, Michigan 48307

Featuring the 4th Annual
"Fabulous All Girls Tournament’

and, new this year -

The “YOU THINK YOU CAN DO IT BETTER???”
All Engineers Tournament

Free T-Shirts
Good food
Great Music
Large screen projection
$350 registration fee

contact Sue Krussell [email protected]
or go to www.teamfordfirst.org and click on ‘events’

Duel on the Delaware
Oct. 11,2003

More info at

www.moe365.org/duel.php

also www.moe365.org

California Robot Games
4th annual

Date: September 20th.
Entry fee: $300
32 Teams Max.

Competitions include the main FIRST Robotics competition, and 3 side events.

Registration page coming soon.

E-mail me @ [email protected] or PM me about Cal Game.

Elm City Invitational

Saturday October 11, 2003
Keene High School
Keene NH

Registration is $200 each team including 10 event t-shirts for each team.

24 teams

snack bar
halftime competition- robot tug of war

interested teams please email us at
[email protected]
or
[email protected]
we will have an info website soon

August 16, 2003
Matthews Arena
Northeastern University
Boston MA

invite only! (more like perferred registration)
please send team info to [email protected]

or read this…

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20192

ByE

erin

Hello all,

We’re planning to host a friendly competition in West Springfield, MA. It is tentatively scheduled for the 24th of May, or Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. We’re trying to work out all the many details as I post this. We plan to have full food service available and free spectator admission. Schools from the surrounding area, politicians, and businesses will be invited. Media presence has already been confirmed. Are there any teams interested in attending? Buzz and Rosie Robotics are already signed up. Please e-mail me at [email protected] if you would like to attend the event.

** Last year we had 24 teams, a rock station, a charity drive, x-box give away and spontaneous dancing.

Email me if interested!**

RAMP RIOT 2003
Fourth Annual
Robotics Competition

Sponsored by FIRST, NASA, Rohm & Haas,
BAE Systems and Team 341

MARK YOUR CALENDAR!

Saturday, November 15, 2003
Wissahickon High School,
Ambler , PA
9:00am - 4:00pm

• Train Your Rookies!
• Build Team Spirit!
• Invite Your Sponsors!
• Gear up for the 2004 Season!

Preliminary Details:
• Registration Fee $200
• Prizes and Fun Rounds
• 2003 Game Rules
• 24 Team Limit

This event is a great time! But don’t take our word for it. Ask one of these participating teams.

Last Year’s Participating Teams : 25, 87, 102, 103, 145, 222, 272, 316, 303, 341, 357, 365, 433, 444, 484, 487, 528, 561, 563, 618, 816, 834

If you would like to be placed on our contact list or want more information
Email: [email protected] Phone: 215-619-8112, ext 2956
Visit: www.team341.com

FIRST ANNUAL ( hopefully ) Seaside Squabble

Where: Westminster Academy in Ft. Lauderdale FL

When: June 14th

How Much: Contact Team 710 at [email protected] or [email protected]

Capacity: about 16 teams

Get other teams excited about it… the more teams interested the less it will cost

Also for our promotional video email or im me at [email protected]

**[T]oronto Invitational [R]obotics [C]ompetition

When: Late October 2003 (to be decided)

Entry Fee: $300-$400

Location: St. Michael’s College School Arena (Same arena that the Majors play at, yes ;-)) - Buthurst St. and St. Clair West ]

This is, from our knowledge, the first ever off-season robotics competition being held in Canada! If not Canada then possibly Toronto :p. Its a great chance to get your team geared up for another season of FIRST crazzziinnesssss. We plan to have a wide range of Canadian media coverage and some pretty good competition from the top Canadian teams.

We plan to make our first EVER competition an AMAZING experience. For more information please contact me at [email protected]

TIRC is still in massive development but we plan to have more information available on our website.**

River Rage
September 6th
More info to come…

No, there is another off season competition in SoCal, the SCRRF Summer Classic. I am told there is a 99% chance of it being held october 11th. I got my info from Seanr330, im sure he can offer some more information if youre interested.

Cory

Invitation to Participate in FIRST Robotics Tournament at Sensors Expo & Conference
Chicago (Rosemont Donald E. Stephens Convention Center) at:
Tuesday, June 3, 2003 at 1:00 p.m. 2:30 p.m.
Wednesday, June 4, 2003 at 2:30 p.m. 4:00 p.m.

Anaheim (Anaheim Convention Center) at:
Tuesday, October 7 time to be determined
Wednesday, October 8 time to be determined

On behalf of the entire staff of Sensors Expo & Conference (www.sensorsexpo.com), I cordially invite FIRST Robotics teams to participate in tournaments at our 2003 shows in Chicago (Rosemont Donald E. Stephens Convention Center) and Anaheim. Teams will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis, and on readiness to participate at tournament level (as determined by a FIRST Robotics advisor). These events are covered by local and national media.

Please visit http://www.sensorsexpo.com to learn about Sensors Expo & Conference, and feel free to call with any questions and for details.

Contact information:
Pam Roth
603-924-5419 (desk)
603-682-5419 (cell)
[email protected]

*Originally posted by blueWarrior *
**[T]oronto Invitational [R]obotics [C]ompetition

When: Late October 2003 (to be decided)

Entry Fee: $300-$400

Location: St. Michael’s College School Arena (Same arena that the Majors play at, yes ;-)) - Buthurst St. and St. Clair West ]

This is, from our knowledge, the first ever off-season robotics competition being held in Canada! If not Canada then possibly Toronto :p. Its a great chance to get your team geared up for another season of FIRST crazzziinnesssss. We plan to have a wide range of Canadian media coverage and some pretty good competition from the top Canadian teams.

We plan to make our first EVER competition an AMAZING experience. For more information please contact me at [email protected]

TIRC is still in massive development but we plan to have more information available on our website.

Argh. You beat me to it. Yes, this is still in the first stages of planning, but it’s going to be great. UHS, St. Mike’s and Woburn are co-hosting this event, and we’re actually going to finalize some things tomorrow. It’s short notice, but if anyone’s interested in info or lending a hand, talk to me soon!

Also, to give us an idea of who’s going to sign up, please tell us at the TIRC post in the Canadian Regional Forums.**

**REMINDER: ** List events in this thread only.
All other discussion should take place in other threads.

Thanks.

Competition in Central Oregon, likely happening in September sometime. Still in planning stages.
e-mail me at: [email protected] if you are interested in attending or helping.