2003 Regional Schedule

Just wanted everyone to know the 2003 schedule has been posted!

http://www.usfirst.org/frc/public/FMPro?-db=team%20events.fp5&-lay=web&-format=event_stats.htm&-findany

Start planning!:slight_smile:

Why did they make the SBPLI Long Island Regional and New York City Regional on the same weekend? Now my team only has one sure competition we can go to. Oh well, we will have to see what we can do. Any others teams have this problem?

EVILNESS!!!

/me goes and cries in the corner…

we have to go to SBPLI, only because it’s 10 minutes away. we also want to go to NYC, because it was a great regional, lots of cool teams, and of course, the crazy britains. i think that FIRST should’ve thought better, and planned them on seperate dates. the two locations are so close, that we were able to go to both without sleeping over, saving the team a huge amount of money. the rate we’re going, we might as well go to the Central Florida Regional or the San Jose Regional. grr, i’m angry now…

I noticed that the only event that did not have a location listed was the MidAtlantic Regional. I wonder if we may be getting a larger venue this year? Perhaps big enough to accommidate all team members.

Well, i guess the TWO LI teams that went to the NYC regional figured greatly into their decision. :mad: If more LI teams had gone to the NYC regionals, then thy might have scheduled the NYC regional and the SBPLI Regional seperate from each other.:frowning: But still this sucks, now we dont have two easy choices for regionals that we thought we would.:frowning:

Be lucky that at some time you at least had the opportunity to go to two Regionals. And Mid-Atlantic isn’t that far from NYC is it? Or Philly? Or maybe others nearby? We have to travel 4 hours for the closest Regional, and will never be able to attend two of them.

why… why is long island and nyc on the same weekend…why!!!

well, looks like were going to sbpli and utc new england now

They made the NY on the same weekend, but they also added a NH regional. It’s not that far from you.

Did anyone notice the Sunday/Monday/Tuesday Regional???
Possible Type error…

Yup! I think someone goofed because at the Forum they said they were keeping the Thursday, Friday, Saturday format.

it is interesting that even though all you new hampshire people where saying that the NE regional was to be moved to NH. But instead a Manchester regional was added and UTC still has the NE regional in Connecticut. Plus i wonder if this may mean that some Northeastern teams will be able to go to 3 or more regionals this year. Especially teams in Mass, CT, and RI.:smiley:

*Originally posted by jk2005 *
** Plus i wonder if this may mean that some Northeastern teams will be able to go to 3 or more regionals this year. Especially teams in Mass, CT, and RI.:smiley: **

Hey, if you are a team that can do that, power to you! Share some of the wealth if you get a chance.

does anyone know if there is still going to be the unofficial 3 event limit? or will they not frown uppon signing up for 4 now? ie. 3 regionals and nationals

didnt think about either of the above mention things when making my original post but it would be a nice dream wouldnt it

is there any possibility that they will change NYC or LI to a different weekend?

i wonder… if we build 2 identical robots again next year, would we be able to do both NYC and LI?

*Originally posted by fast frank *

i wonder… if we build 2 identical robots again next year, would we be able to do both NYC and LI? **

You had two robots this year? Both for this years game?

a lot of teams do one for shipping and competition and the other for weeks of practice

yep, we built 2 identical robots. 1 to compete with and 1 to practice with.

rage does the same thing we call our spare the “evil twin” becuase besides not having all the stickers it is identical to the comp bot

i thought rage has something like 4 or 5 identical robots that were built over the years