2003 Robot Rodeo

Great to hear it, Gary! I’d hate to throw an event without SPAM there!

Robot Rodeo
What if SPAM doesn’t attend?
Complete disaster!

Eric: Are we that transparent?

George

For those of us pbsessed on getting there the first try and on time on time here are the exact adress and coordnates

11501 Eastwood Dr, Orlando, FL 32817-3503 .
11501 EASTWOOD DR
ORLANDO, FL 32817
Decimal Degrees Deg:Min:Sec
Lat: 28.576246 28:34:34.486N
Lon:-081.213957 81:12:50.245W
FIPS County…: FL095
Tract…: FL095016506
BlockGroup…: FL0950165061
FIPS Place…: FL99999
FIPS MCD…: FL93458
MSA…: 5960

Standard Address Postal
11501 EASTWOOD DR
ORLANDO, FL 32817-3503 Carrier…: C008
DPBC…: 01

hey, that’s great, but what time do we have to be there? :smiley:

this is from the regrestration packet…
Pits will be assinged and open at 8:00 AM

And i hear opening cerimonies are at 8:30 AM

Opening Ceremonies start at 9:00am with the matches starting at 10:00am

Nathan Pell

Here is a picture of the robot rodeo trophies…hot out the build shop last night at 11:30 so they arent totally finished yet, you will have to wait until after the competition to see thoes :smiley: . Yay for the first 14 hour build day of the season!

tn_tn_img_0002.jpg

tn_tn_img_0002.jpg

Whoo!! I think I speak for all of 108 when I say YeAHH!! First competition with the new team structure!! (From dillard high school at least)

Most of our core team members graduated last year, so all the freshman, sophomores, and the couple of juniors from last year are really stepping it up this year to take up the slack left. So far we’re doing okay.

This will also be my first match as driver of the sigmac@t robot, so WATCH OUT now! Anyone got a student driver sign they can loan me for the duration of my matches??

Bring It Jim! weel be ready for ya :wink:

*Originally posted by Tytus Gerrish *
**Bring It Jim! weel be ready for ya :wink: **

Hehe, Oh I will be! student driver I may be BUT I think with 916lbs of torque in low gear and moving at about 10feet/sec in high using an on-the-fly transmission, I may stand some bit of a chance against the Swamp thing ;). But hey, who knows! I personally can’t wait!

*Originally posted by George1083 *
**Eric: Are we that transparent?

Hey George! Remember we’re known to a few way back in 2000 with Lexy and Big Jimmy (what happened to them) beating two teams with no offensive capabilities whatsoever with our clear bot! So i guess SPAM is (define new function SPAM = Speed, Power, And Maneuverability) and what kind of security, you need to stop Twitch!

*Originally posted by Michael R. Lee *
**Hey George! Remember we’re known to a few way back in 2000 with Lexy and Big Jimmy (what happened to them) beating two teams with no offensive capabilities whatsoever with our clear bot! So i guess SPAM is (define new function SPAM = Speed, Power, And Maneuverability) and what kind of security, you need to stop Twitch! **

[rant]
BIG JIMMY!! I remember Big Jimmy!!! the smallest wedge bot ever! That was sooo great!
[/rant]

*Originally posted by Specialagentjim *
**[rant]
BIG JIMMY!! I remember Big Jimmy!!! the smallest wedge bot ever! That was sooo great!
[/rant] **

I guess you never saw 168 in 1999 then.

Directions:

Ok, here are some directions to get to the rodeo

Pits open 8:00 and Opening Ceremonies at at 9:00 and matches begin right after that.

From the South via 95:

Take 95 North until you get to Hwy 520
Take the exit for 520 West - Towards Olrando
Stay on 520 West until you get to Hwy 50
Take Hwy 50 West for about 6 miles
Turn RIGHT onto Rouse Rd
Turn RIGHT onto Eastman Dr.
Follow road around until you get to the larg parking lot. There will be signs to guide you Rodeo to take place in the Gym.

From the West

Take I-4 East
Get off on 408 East Towards Titusville
Take the Rouse Road Exit
Go North on Rouse Rd
Cross Over Hwy 50
Turn Right onto Eastman Dr.
Follow signs for parking

Good lucky everybody! 180 S.P.A.M., 179 Swamp Thing (miss you Pam!), 267 Demo Quad, 21 ComBBATT, 1083…too many, too many friends that’ll miss.

pam’s Great, \but what about me? :wink:

Pam is great. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: So is Sav. :slight_smile: But… I love Pamela!

To everyone… have fun!..Except for you Tytus… :smiley:

Hey, kinda got a last minute problem possibly arising, but hey, when isnt there? heh

Is anyone coming through broward county on the way there? We’re having a problem getting all the students AND the robot there. We were wondering if someone could let our robot hitchhike up. It may not be nessacary at all, but I’m trying to start early if its a problem. Thanks everyone!!!

Update on 108: Well, we had a snabu with the drill motors on our tranny during a presentation at a middle school. The original drill spun out and killed the brushes and froze the motor. However, we have a box of spare drill motors so you would’ve thought itd be easy. Problem: the gear required to be on the drill motor is different than the ones ON our drill motor. So we’re now trying to get the machine shop to replace and press the gear on the motors. Should we be unable to do this, watch out! You’ll see a very, very slow 108 (but I’ll still keep pushing!).

How’s everyone else’s bot looking? Good luck all!!

Problem should be resolved! I know I’m posting this rather quickly, but one of our engineers just notified us he’s coming and can the robot. Thanks so much for your support everyone!

Give me a message on xtekeymanx on aim, im leaving saturday at prob like 5am

less than 24 hours now,
im Loading up the truck afterschool