2005 NJ/NY Remote Kickoff Party!

I just got invited to one of the BIGGEST Remote Kickoff party in the Metro area; to be held at NJIT on Jan. 8th, 2005.
I hope to see a lot CD/FIRST’er there! woo woo… (it’s 12 midnight… do you know where is your KOP?)
:cool:

January 8, 2005
NJ Institute of Technology, Newark, NJ
Campus Center Ball Room
New Jersey Institute of Technology
150 Bleecker St.
Newark, NJ 07102

Capacity per team: 20
Workshops:
1PM to 3PM
At Kulfarian Hall, NJ Institute of Technology
1 Pneumatics,
2 80-20 System,
3 Getting Organized for Rookies
4 Game Analysis and Robot Design Brainstorming
5 Intro to C-Programming Language
6 Innovation FIRST Controller

Why does the Highlighted item scare me

So far 60 teams and 900 team members are registered for the NJIT Kickoff!

rich as much fun as the NJ kickoff will be im headed up to NH for the big one, its an opportunity i cant pass up

Absolutely, I would do the same.
Enjoy the experience! We’ll be watching for you on the broadcast.
:slight_smile:

I’ll be there with my team too. I wonder what workshop I’ll go to, i think pneumatics

This is my first Kick-Off. So how does it work? How man presentations can you go to? Are they scheduled one after another, or are the at the same time?

BTW, I’m going to the NJIT one too.

Here is a basic overview of what information i have:

8:30am to 9:30am – Registration and breakfast

9:30am to 10:00am – Welcome and Introduction

10:00am to 12:00pm – Downlink of kick-off and game unveiling from Manchester, NH

12:00pm to 1:30pm – Lunch

1:30pm to 3:30pm – Workshops

1:30pm to 4:30pm – Kit distribution

Workshop Offerings:
One or more sections of the following workshops will be offered concurrently from 1:30pm to 2:30pm:

Workshops for Veterans and Rookies:
· Pneumatics
· Extruded Aluminum Structural Systems
· Sensors
· Programming the Innovation FIRST Controller
· East Coast Drivers Union: Scouting Teams and Rating Robots

Workshop for Rookies:
· Rookie Workshop – Getting Organized and Game Strategy

Workshop Registration:
· Upon arrival and registration of your team at the kick-off, your team will be given a quantity of tickets to the above workshops equal to the number of attendees from your team (see below).
· Each team’s allotment of workshop tickets will be distributed among the 5 workshops (6 for rookies) listed above. For example – If your veteran team has 15 people attending the kick-off, it will receive 3 tickets for each of the 5 veteran team workshops listed above. The tickets will be needed to gain admission to the workshops.
· Teams may trade tickets during the lunch break to get a distribution of tickets that best meets their interests and needs.

This sounds interesting! :cool:

Yes, it should be very very interesting. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

How big is this kit?

The kit this year will be 5 “boxes”. I would personally recommend you to have a few strong people able to pick them up or to have an equipment moving dolly with you to transport them from the distribution location to your vehicles.

Five!!!

Last year it was two!

How have you come about this information? (shines bright light in dez’s face)

I believe it was in one of the “official” FIRST emails sent out to people on the subscription list.

Are we allowed to bring videocameras?