2005 PARC!!!!!

Hey teams, tis the time of year to register for PARC…what is PARC it’s the Pennsylvania Robot Challenge hosted by team 222 the Tigertrons. This year mark the 8th season of PARC and we hope to make this the best year yet. Here’s the info.:

Location - Tunkhannock Area High School

Date - May 7, 2005

Registration Fee - same low price of $250

How do you sign up - http://www.tigertrons.com/PARC/register.htm

How many teams - my call is 40…this may change after discussion with higher ups

So bring your robots, bring your team, bring all the spirit you have, and bring your volunteers…volunteers contact me on here with a PM.

Hope to see you all at PARC!!!
P.S. as always we welcome our friends from the midwest…We’ve made the trip to IRI several times…hint hint

Just resurrecting an old thread since I mentioned it in the “What is Bean-town Blitz?” thread.
Spots ARE going fast sorry hurry and sign up for one before its too late!

See you at the PARC!

I’d like to register team 222. :smiley:

how many teams have registred and is there still room?

We love PARC!!! Would not miss it for the world!

See you there!

Well, i’m hoping 1089 is going to register (i’m taking up with the advisor as we speak), buuuut either way, I’ll be there.

There is still plenty of room left for teams to sign up for PARC VIII. As of today our registered list of teams is as follows:

There are still other “regulars” that haven’t registered, but I suggest registering soon to ensure your spot in PARC VIII. Hope to see you all at the PARC!

Team 11 will be there…we’re just working on getting our advisor to register…hes kind of lazy when it comes to this stuff

Hopefully team 1403 will be there… we’ll know soon. I know you said 40 teams before, but is it still 40 that are allowed to register? Did that number go down?

GO 1403!!!

Yes, the maximum number of teams is still 40, as far as I know.

See all of your PARC Roboteers soon!

Team 204 might be interesting in signing up.

If we should attend, I have a question.Next year I would like to become a Emcee for a regional but when I talk to the emcees this year about how to get involved, they said that I show look into helping out at an off-season event. I was wondering, if I could emcee some of the matches at the PARC, just a couple. Private message

If anyone is possibly interested in volunteering for PARC, please let me know, we may have a few places where you can help out.

I have talked with Freddy204 and if anyone would also like to try out the Emcee side of things, like Freddy, to become a Emcee for FIRST please contact me also.

I have also had a few people interested in helping us tear down the field after wards, so if you are interested in that also let me know.

The current team list:

Total = 19 out of 40 possible slots

If you have any questions, concerns, or comments please let us know!

Brad has the latest up to date information on teams except for he forgot team 834.

On another note, we have had some responses about our registration page not working properly. One team tried to register using mozilla firefox and had problems. If you encounter any problems registering please contact us with symptoms of what the page is doing. I have tested the registration page and have not found any problems. We will be keeping an updated team list running in this thread, and if you don’t see your team appear in a couple days, please contact us.

Thanks,
Cliff

Hey
My team and I went there last year and you guys did a good job putting the whole thing together. We’re not going this year because (go figure) the senior graduation is on the very same day. Plus, the remaining non-senior members don’t want to make the 3 hour haul to Tunkhannock for a mere
day-long competition. No offense or nothin…but you know how it is.

See you next year or maybe at nationals.
Oh yeah, curry donuts rules. Yeah you know what I mean.

Mike F.
Team 1279- Cold Fusion.

OK the list has changed, newly added is team 365.

20 spots filled. Keep the registrations coming :]

Team 176 has registered. That makes 21 teams…keep the registrations coming :]

I’m disappointed that you planned it on the day of the SAT II’s. :frowning:

plutonium83, we apologize for PARC being the weekend of SAT II’s, but we run into things every year. That’s kind of why we have always stuck to the day before mother’s day. As far teams attending, 191 is unable to attend, but 1218 has taken the spot they held. Still plenty of spots for teams. Bug your mentors and teachers today, get them to sign up ASAP! See you all at the PARC

Yeah sorry we won’t be able to come but could you pass along information about volunteering? I may be able to help.

I just finished the “training session” with the MC’s for park, and I must say that It’s going to be amazing!

You’re MC’s are: Myself, The Voice of NJ
From 204, The Let’s Go Man, the Vikingantor: Freddy Schurr
From 103, Ms. PG, Jessjank: Jess Jankowitsch

On behalf of all of the MC’s I want this to be the most amazing off season competition this year and we’ll see you all at the PARC