2005 Robot Picture Index

I am creating this thread for a few reasons. Most immediately, I think we would all benefit from a picture index. I have plans for this in the future, which I will reveal in due time.

Here’s how it works: You give me a link to the best picture of your team’s robot. I’ll edit this post to include it on the link list, so people can see what your bot looks like. I’ll link to whatever picture your team requests, and I’ll change the pic if you want a different one.

Picture format suggestion: Please name the picture “[year]_[team number].jpg” Our picture should be named: “2005_968.jpg” Try to get a shot of your bot in action, showing off its features. Also, try and get a shot without other robots in it.

The Big List:
180 589 616 968 1257 1657

I’m going to be saving an index of the pictures on my computer, and I’m going to see if I can start a picture archive of the FRC robots. This is why I am asking for a specific format. (I’ll post your bot regardless of format, but I’d like to move toward this internet archive.) Thanks for the help, and please spread the word.

And here’s how to get your pic up…

I’ve got a new pic for Team 968. here it is:

or if you like, you can just put the pic up:

I’ll read the thread, and update your picture as you please.

-Kev

We do have a picture index of MOST of the robots (teams that have submitted a picture).

www.firstrobotics.net

That site is run by Jason Rudolph. He put in so much work into this site and it has been going for years.

Drat. I was afraid someone had done this already, somewhere I hadn’t seen yet.

Let me check this out… Seems like the site is down at the moment, so I’ll check back later.

I don’t think there is a problem with having another site which has pictures of all the robots. Because if one of the site is down, you got the 2nd one to back you up. :]

www.firstrobotics.net is pretty exhaustive, but I note it doesn’t have 2005 up yet.

Why don’t we go ahead with this here, and try to help Jason out a bit. I don’t want to step on his toes, but I’m sure any orginization here would be helpful to him.

I’ll email him, and keep everyone posted here.

I think this is the best picture of our robot.

FIRSTwiki is already set to accomodate such a gallery very easily. Just go to www.firstwiki.org, create an account, upload your image (using the “upload file” link on the side), and add the image to this page http://www.firstwiki.org/2005_robots. Each person can upload their own robot so one person doesn’t have to do all the compiling.

Another great resource.

The overall goal is an exhaustive picture collection. Right now, I’m seeing there’s a whole lot of resources out there, archiving these competetions. I’m not trying to insult anyone’s site here, but what I want to see is a complete list, showing every FIRST team and the years they built robots.

There’s lots of sites, but nobody seems to have ALL the robots. This isn’t anyone’s fault, because that’s a really tall order. I’d like to get everyone working together, and push for a complete robot gallery, and share it with everyone.

Are there any other robot picture sites? Past and present are welcome.

I’ve also been downloading the regional rankings and awards documents from the FIRST website. I am getting a database together that will list which years teams were around, and where they competed. Can you guys with some expirience point out resources I might have overlooked?

It would be great if you guys did this. I started this website in 1999 because there was no photo-history of this competition in any one place. It has been a labor of love over the past few years. Unfortunately, due to recent successes in my profession, I do not have the time to devote to this site anymore. I am very busy travelling all over doing video and lighting work for television. I just got beck from Houston where I did a Selena tribute concert, now I have a few weeks before I have to go to NY, and it just keeps going from there. When I am not travelling, I am in a studio here in Miami.

It’s been a great ride, but it is time to pass the torch…

Jason Rudolph