2006 Denver Regional

I just wanted to ask the teams going to Denver,

Where are you staying?

Rocky Mountain Robotics, Team 662 will be staying at the “Four Points by Sheraton Denver Cherry Creek”. I believe it is on Colorado Blvd.

Team 1653 will be there but I don’t remember where we are staying… but we arrive on Tuesday and plan to go to the Zoo on Wednesday.

Team 456 is looking forward to meeting a lot of new friends at the Denver Regional! We will be staying at the Embassy Suites.

Team 159 will be at the embassy suites as in the past two years. It should be fun again.

Team Driven, #1730, will be staying at the Sleep Inn Denver Tech Center in Greenwood Village. Hopefully it’s not gonna be too far from the competition site…

yea we are driving down there everyday :slight_smile: we live close enough:) where are you guys coming in from? last year, robonauts from texas and 233 from Florida came in and dominated the competition, they aren’t on the team list this year, but there are always tough competition from out-of-state, seen anyone on that roster from other regionals that are contenders? or are you guys the kind of teams that i’m talking about points at the two teams from MS
oh btw, rocky mountain, you guys dishing out bumper stickers this year again? i still have the one from last year :slight_smile:

It looks like this is the only regional for team 456 from Mississippi. Team 677 (Columbus School for Girls) has also signed up for the Boilermaker regional, but I have not had time to see how well they have done.

I think we still have some bumper stickers.

Even though my team is like 15 minutes away from DU, I hear that we are staying in Marriot for the three days.

just wondering, is the marriot closer than 15 min??

oh, and can’t wait to see you guys next thursday. nothing like talking to random people online who you actually get to meet. just don’t avoid me, I may look hideous, but i don’t bite. hmm gotta post a photo so I’m recognizable.

Team 1777 is driving in from Kansas City, and staying at the Embassy Suites. Look forward to seeing everyone and having a great competition!!

Never mind, I was mistaken. I haven’t slept at my own house for few days even before the regional started anyway. One more day to go!

Ok people so what’s the news? Did you have a good time?

Jane

It was an awesome regional! Team 456 went to the finals and placed second again this year! What did everyone else think?

Team 662 had a great time. Of course we were to hoping to repeat 2004 and win. Since our autonomous mode was not ready for prime time, I think ranked 13th was not too bad.

Although our auto-aim had some problems (dead center but high every time) we started scoring easily in our last matches once I got manual aiming down. Although we lost a gearbox and had to be replaced in finals, we won the chairmans award at the end. A very exciting end to part of this amazing senior year for me.

Congratulations to 935,1158 and 1977 on the regional win.

Now we just have to get ready for the championship…