2007 Motor Specs

Hey i need some help, im part of a 1st year rookie team and we need to find out the specs on all the motors. anyone who can help would have our extreme Gratitude!

Andrew

On the FIRST.ORG site under the Team Documents section there is a link to a Guidlines and Best Practices file. In that file it lists all of the free speeds, stall torques, and max power ratings as well as some other key information for the motors in the kit.

thanks abunch!!

www.usfirst.org actually

Does anyone happen to know specs on the pinion gear attached to the Keyang motor? Based on the outside diameter, I was able to figure out that it appears to be a 12 DP gear. If someone could verify this for me that would be great. But now that leaves the question of what pressure angle the gear is… does anyone know?

Also, as far as I can tell, this is very similar, if not equal to the Keyang model PWM-60B.
http://www.keyang.co.kr/english/product_detail_motor_e.asp?l_code=05&m_code=E0200000&s_code=E0201000&p_code=E0201004

The torque curve data also matches up with what FIRST has published.

So pretty much, does anyone know the pressure angle of this pinion gear? If we knew then everyone could use it without the included plastic coupler and without making a custom coupler. Thanks.

does anyone know where where I can get drawings/CAD/specs of the planetary gearboxes of the RS-540 motor? bane doesnt have it, neither does firstcadlibrary…it doesnt matter what ratio

More Specifically, we need the dimensions of the placement of the #10-32 holes on the face of the planetaries. We have measured with calipers, but our values are kind of fuzzy and don’t make sense to me. I’d like an official drawing or cad if there is one. I’ll email baneots tonight I guess.

i found a really good old thread…it has the specs from last year which are most of the motors from this years comp.

its www.chiefdelphi.com/media/papers/1895

i also looked through more and found some from this year for mabuchi and for the newer fisher price

its www.chiefdelphi.com/media/papers/1384

if anyone has anything else, id love to have it!!

thanks!

We have posted drawings of the 36mm and 42mm gearboxes on our website. You can find a link to them at the bottom of the product descriptions.

BaneBots

Earlier, Rickertsen2 posted a formula for motor output torque using these calculated values:

torque = Kt*(Vin-Kv*rpm)/r

Does anyone know if there is there an advantage to using this formula over:

Torque = (-T0/Wf)*W+T0, Where T0 is torque at stall and Wf is free speed

If so, is there more documentation somewhere that explains how/why this works better?

Thank you,
Chris

Earlier, Rickertsen2 posted a formula for motor output torque using these calculated values:

torque = Kt*(Vin-Kv*rpm)/r

Does anyone know if there is there an advantage to using this formula over:

Torque = (-T0/Wf)*W+T0, Where T0 is torque at stall and Wf is free speed

If so, is there more documentation somewhere that explains how/why this works better?

Thank you,
Chris

The equation using torque constant (Kt) and back EMF constant (Kv) is the theoretically pure way to calculate motor performance. However, most motor manufacturers will not give you all of these numbers. All motor manufacturers will give you stall T, free speed, Stall current, and free current (no load current) and it is all you need to size motors and gearboxes for the job.

Thank you for the help. Now that my curiousity is satisfied, I think it’s time for bed.

Does anyone have the specs for the window motor or more importantly the connector for the window motor? Or if someone can tell me how do I hook up a window motor, that would be highly appreciated. :slight_smile:

Go to the following link for the motor specs:

http://www2.usfirst.org/2007comp/other/2007%20Guidelines_Tips_Good%20Practices_RevA.pdf

The motor specs are on page 8.

I don’t know the specs on the connector, but here’s how we’ve done it in the past and it works just fine (I’ll probably get kicked out of the junior EE club for these instructions):

Using a hacksaw or coping saw, cut the plastic housing of the connector back to the bottom of the socket, and then cut it lengthwise between the two conductor pins and basically break the plastic away. This will leave you the 2 pins which are about a half inch long sticking out. Solder your power wires to these 2 pins and wrap with electrical tape.

The way Gary explained it, it will work. To make your life easier, there are connectors that comes in the KOP for the window motors. You can use those.

i’ve found that a lot of the motor specs are on the respective companiess pages. If you can’t find what you need, try looking there. I’ve found it very helpful!

stupid question:
I was trying to find the connectors for the banebot motor does anyone has a website ???
thanks
natalia

Hello,
I just registered to cheif delphi, so i am new at using this site.
I hope i am doing this right.
Anyway, does anybody know what kind of what kind of motors can we use for the robot?
Can we use a motor from power drill?

You can use the motors in the kit plus two additional small CIM’s and one additional large CIM.