2008 Championship elimination alliance selection contest

It’s that time of year, folks. Within 2 weeks, many of us will be down in Atlanta at the FIRST Championships. Last year, we had a fun contest to see who could come up with the best alliance selection invitation. Team 118 came away with the grand prize, as their student alliance captain walked out in a space suit to accept a pick.

This year, I will be offering up some simple prizes (an AndyMark fitted baseball hat, and some other stuff) to the winner.

The point is to encourage creativity by the students as they either ask teams to join their alliance for the elimination rounds, or accept someone’s pick.

Think about it… don’t just say “we pick team 3333” or “team 24 graciously accepts”. Have some creativity. Sing a song. Write a poem. Announce the team in binary format. Stand on your head. Do a breakdance in celebration. Just don’t hurt yourself (or others), and use appropriate language. Have some fun.

There will be super-secret judges on each of the division fields in Atlanta. All selection processes will be judged, and the winners will receive their prizes soon after the division finals are completed*. Each division winner will get a small prize, and the overall winner will get a bit extra.

I welcome others to add to this prize pool, but please hand-deliver the items to me in Atlanta before Saturday morning.

Good luck to all.

Andy B.

• last year, I did not get prizes out to winners until IRI. This year, I will work to make it immediately after the division finals.

Given the oppurtunity of being picked me and thefro will try to shock you all with how we accept and/or ask. But in a good way.

I wish we were in Atlanta, because we happen to have that written down as one form of accepting. :stuck_out_tongue: Yes, we have a list of different ways.

I can picture people in banana suits all over the field already:rolleyes:

“Team ___ accepts your ‘a-peeling’ offer!” :stuck_out_tongue:

edit: lol, that was so pathetic

-can team ### go fast?

-Mama, we’re going fast!

342 and 343 did this at palmetto:cool:

Is Dustin going to parachute onto the field? Because they usually only let one team rep on the field:D

As the strategy head for KING TeC, I at least swung a Green Machine bandanna above my head as I charged out onto the field to accept their query to be alliance partners at the Minnesota Regional this year. This idea sounds so cool, it’s a shame our team didn’t make Nationals.

1902 will be back to accept or invite more gracefully then ever:yikes:

With the 1st pick in the 2008 Championship draft, Team 341 selects…

…Chris Long. Defensive End, University of Virginia.

I don’t think he would pass inspection. He’s over 120 lbs, his bumpers are too high, and probably is outside of the 80 inch rule. :slight_smile:

Now, if you can get him to show up, represent a team, and help accept a pick… then we’re talkin’.

AB

Is that with or without the little plastic bucket? And do you have a preference on sand type, or will standard play sand work? :stuck_out_tongue:

Hehehe… Guess we’ll have to crank it up a notch then eh? :wink:

I think it would be much better if we can get Miss Teen South Carolina to pick for your team. She’s under 120, she doesn’t break the 80" rule, I guess her bumpers may still be too high tho.

“I personally believe that some US American FIRSTers, are unable to do so because uh, some alliance pickers in out there, don’t have scouting sheets, and I believe our scouting like such as South Africa and uh, The Iraq, everywhere like such as. I believe the scouter’s should, Our Scouters Over here, Should help our team, uh should help South Africa, and should help the Iraq and the Asian Countries, So we will be able to build our team list, for our future, and for our pick which is team XXXX, and uh for our children.”

p.s. This may only work if Mario Lopez is the MC. Link For Reference

I will be willing to donate a “Got Gears?” shirt from 1251 that we have from 06 we still have a some left