2008 New York City Regional

New year, new game, new teams! Who’s psyched for the Jam at the Javits?

I am! 1923 won’t be competing there, but I try to make it up to the NYC regional, as it’s only about 45 minutes from me by train.

It’s a great regional, especially since the venue change. Anyone who’s close enough, I recommend you go see it!

I will definitely be there as a volunteer!
This will be the 2nd year at the Javits Center site.

The NYC/NJ Planning Committee is already planning new stuff to fill the the huge space at the Javits Center.
:slight_smile:

Wanna be travel buddies (again) libby!? :smiley: Haha

I plan on going myself as it’s almost the same distance as it is for Libby - cannot wait!!

I just noticed that a certain VA team (whose number is divisible by 29) has registered for NYC. For their sake, it would be very nice if a specific variety of toroidal confection is available nearby. :wink:

Seriously, I hope someone will webcast this event so those of us in the hinterlands can enjoy the spectacle. :slight_smile:

Oh, I can’t wait!!!
It’s going to be awesome =D

If they want Krispy Kreme, I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Most of the stores vanished over the summer from NYC. Dunkin Donuts on the other hand…

Uh, I think I’ve been mis-quoted. Anyway, it appears that an alternate source of special (read: KK) toroidal goodies will have to be arranged for Dave. DD won’t ddo for DDave, only KK is KK.

Penn Station. :smiley:

Hmm… If I end up commuting to the regional from my house in NJ, maybe I’ll take some orders. :wink:

I’m rolling in with 348 from MA for the NYC Regional and looking forward to it. This is like coming back to play on home turf for me. It will be good to see a lot of friendlly faces from the past and meet new ones. '08 needs to hurry up and get here, let’s get this party started…

Oh, we have plenty of good places for bagels and bialys!
:wink:

(NYC Webcast- they are working on it!)

Careful Liz, do you really think offering to pick up doughnuts for robotics people is a good idea? You’d need a pack mule just to sustain the weight of the sugary goodness.

229 will be there…

Whoaaa!! Boy I’m excited… TEAM 2070 will be there once again!!! :cool: :rolleyes: :wink: :slight_smile: YAY I’m SO EXCITED!!!

I have no idea if 759 are going. Can’t get ahold of anyone there atm …
Anyway, good luck to all in arguably the best regional (being the only one i’ve been to it must be :P)
Anyone up for paying for me to fly out ?:stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll definitely be there again!
I don’t think I’d be allowed to miss it frankly…

I can’t wait!!! Team 2344 is going!

Javitz convention center is dirty. MLG New York Playoffs were there.

Not really. Its actually a really nice and clean venue. But hey, I’m comparing it to other places like my high school :stuck_out_tongue: