2009 DS Help!!!

I have no clue what this is. Could someone tell me what this and if it can be used!!
Thanks,
Taggerun

It’s an old drivers station from 2009ish. It can’t be used.

Are you sure???

It’s the 2009 driver station. Not “ish”, it is the 2009 driver station.

You might be able to find a use for it.

If it’s like most of the other 2009 driver station’s I had experience with, it’s probably dead from static shock by now!

But how?? Is there any software I can find for it??
Thanks,
Taggerun

Now that you know what it is, you can search for software.

I expect it would be challenging to use it.

You’re correct in paragraph 1, but given how awful it was for the purpose (ethernet jacks not built for enough connect-disconnect cycles, static discharge issues requiring everyone to crack a case open, very limited controller options) I would say Ty’s closer to the mark on its actual utility…

That said, it might be a tempting project for a hardware hacker.

What do you mean by challenging??

What do you intend to use it for? If you want to use it to work with the complete 2009 robot control system, you’d need to find the appropriate software. That was the first year of the cRio control system, things were kind of flaky. From the little bit I know about configuring the control system, you probably need an old computer that still has the appropriate programming environment software loaded on it, you probably can’t use a newer version of LabView, for example.

If you want to play hacker and use it for something else, you might see what controller it has inside, and figure out how to change the firmware to your own code, and make it do what you want.

There are probably other uses that I have not imagined here, if you give us some ideas of what you have in mind for it, we can help you figure out what the challenges might be.

It seems like if you have this, you probably have a cRIO already. You can program the cRIO with Eclipse using the Thunder cRIO tools or you can use LabVIEW if you image it properly. Then, you can take the driver station, set it to the 2014 protocol, and run it as normal.

Mmmm scrap used parts.
Dismantle, find data sheets and have fun.:smiley:

Good as dead??? Wrong!! Now what after this screen??
Thanks,
Taggerun

You might be able to use the display screen for something. Other than that, it goes on the “Wall of Fame/Shame”.

It was the first DS that allowed use of USB joysticks and devices.

…natively. The USB Chicklet allowed supported USB joysticks and devices to connect to the old IFI OI’s gameport connectors.

I want to see if I can get my team’s old 2009 DS to connect one of our cRIO bots. I go at to the screen shown below. Now what???
Thanks,
Taggerun

Taggerun, I’ve merged the two threads you made about getting the 2009 DS into a single one. Let’s try to keep all of the discussion consolidated to one thread.

Sorry. :frowning:
Taggerun

http://team358.org/files/programming/ControlSystem2009-/components.php

Love that the team358 pages are back up, such a great history resource, look all the way to the bottom of the page.

Yep, you’re right. I forgot about that little kluge.