2009 Greater Bay Area Pre-Ship Lunacy Scrimmage

What: Greater Bay Area Lunacy Pre-Ship Practice Weekend

Where: NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field- Building 246
Directions: Signs will be posted on site, and a map will be posted in this thread.

When: Saturday February 14th: Open Practice: 10 AM-8PM

Sunday February 15th: Open Practice: 10 AM-8PM

Monday February 16th: Open Practice: 10:00 AM-8:00 PM

RSVP NO LATER THAN 11:59 PM THURS FEBRUARY 12TH

Things to bring:

Safety Glasses
Tools
Batteries/Chargers
Materials for robot repairs
25’ extension cord
Power strip
Operator controls (Driver Station/Driver Station power supply unit, enable/disable switch)
computer used to program robot (reccomended for trouble shooting issues)
Ethernet cable (for tethered control)

**General Information
Team 254, 1868, and the NASA Robotics Alliance Project will be hosting a pre-ship practice event at NASA Ames Research center during the weekend prior to the ship date. All teams are invited to attend, regardless of geographic location.

We will have a nearly full size competition field, with competition trailers, airlocks, outposts, etc as well as a full complement of orbit balls.

The field will be available from 10 AM to 8 PM Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

We request that team’s limit themselves to no more than 7 people in attendance. All teams must have at least two adult mentors present at all times. We also request that all team members wear team shirts for easy identification.

NASA Entry Policies

Due to NASA being a government facility, all visitors are required to meet the following criteria
ALL VISITORS WHO ARE OVER THE AGE OF 18 MUST BE US CITIZENS. YOU WILL BE DENIED ENTRY IF YOU ARE NOT A US CITIZEN.**

Students will not be allowed to drive onto NASA proprety. All drivers must be adults.

Anyone over 18 (students and mentors) will need a NASA issued visitor badge. To be eligible for such a badge you must be a US Citizen and you must provide a form of valid US Government issued photo ID upon entry (valid CA driver’s license preferred, any valid US state driver’s license accepted, US passport, etc). You will be denied entry if you cannot produce valid photo ID.

Students under the age of 18 will not need ID or a visitor’s badge, but MUST be accompanied by an adult with valid ID and NASA issued visitor’s badge.

Procedure for RSVP’ing Attendance**

Teams must email a list of all people attending over the age of 18. This list will be given to the NASA badging office and will ensure that you can get into the facility. The subject of your email must contain “NASA FIRST Scrimmage Badge”.

ALL EMAILS MUST BE SENT TO [email protected] NO LATER THAN 11:59 PM THURS FEBRUARY 12TH

In your email, include the following:
Your team number and name
Dates each person over the age of 18 is attending (Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or any combination of the three). Names must be complete (First and last). Please indicate that they are US Citizens.
Total number of people planning to attend each day
Tentative time of arrival

If you do not receive a confirmation email from me, it means your names have NOT been submitted for badges. If this occurs, please contact me prior to noon Friday to resolve this. In an emergency you can contact me, or someone who can help you directly at 650-604-2335.
PLEASE DO NOT SHOW UP ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT WITH ADULTS WHO HAVE NOT BEEN SUBMITTED FOR BADGES. THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ENTER THE FACILITY.**

We look forward to seeing as many teams as possible in attendance

-Team 254
-Team 1868

SHWEET! And for once we may be ready!

Due to unforeseen circumstances we will not have access to the full size field and will instead be holding this event on the slightly smaller playing field in our lab.

We still welcome all teams to attend. The field will still be accessible all three days, we will just not run matches in a tournament structure Sunday.

We will be using the FIRST FMS to run the field, so teams can experience realistic match play.

The same procedures and information above in my original post apply. Here are the notable changes:

Sunday will be open practice from 10 AM to 8 PM
The event will be held in building 246.
Teams will be limited to 7 people total (two must be adults), due to space constraints.

Things to bring:

Safety Glasses
Tools
Batteries/Chargers
Materials for robot repairs
25’ extension cord
Power strip
Operator controls (Driver Station/Driver Station power supply unit, enable/disable switch)
computer used to program robot (reccomended for trouble shooting issues)
Ethernet cable (for tethered control)

We look forward to seeing all that attend

I wish we were closer to Ames, we would totally go! I’m sure there will be more than a few competitive teams there that would be great to practice against, but woe is 1678, we are 2 hours away. Will there be pics and/or video of the event posted online? More specifically, will 254 be unveiling their latest dominant bot?

We’re lucky the Fembots have invested $1000+ into a full size practice field, which we’ve already practiced on twice, and plan on three more practice sessions between now and ship. Thanks Fembots!

I hope the scrimmage goes well, I wish I could be there to witness it first hand!

EDIT: Fitting that this is my 254th post :stuck_out_tongue:

Our robot will be there. We finished the practice bot 2 days ago, so we should be good to go.

For those coming up this weekend… we’re almost ready!

http://sivart.org/misc/DSC_26655.JPG

Teams who have RSVP’ed and are confirmed (with badges) for this weekend:

The above teams should have all received an email confirmation from myself.

Teams who have contacted me and expressed interest but not yet RSVP’ed:

This is a reminder for the above two teams, and anyone else interested in coming to email your RSVP with list of adults and days attending prior to 11:59 PM tonight (Thursday the 12th).

This is why team 254 is in the HOF…

Thank you Cheesy Poofs! This is a terrific contribution to the Yay Area! Keep up the great work!

The following teams are confirmed to attend this weekend and should have received an email from me:

This photo could absolutely go into the Inspirational Photos thread.

It is a goosebumper.

Are you going to post any video from/during the matches? We would love to watch!

Well, from what I have heard from our guys that went, there’s rarely(if ever) enough teams ready to play for a full scale match. Teams come only when they want to, and for us, we haven’t spent much time there. So even if there is video, it wouldn’t show much of any action for the most part.