2011 FRC Game Hint #2

http://usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/frc/content.aspx?id=18713

A low resolution picture of the FIRST logo.
There was a post on the game hint 1 thread about the dimensions of the picture (the Comic Sans post :P)

Hmmmm :confused:

0 Likes

1. Either all three shapes will be used in the game OR:

2. Something from the 1st FIRST game will be used.

0 Likes

Were playing Triple-Play, but hanging upside down from tracks.

0 Likes

20th year anniversary, right? Maybe they’re just reminding us this. Or are they telling us that we haven’t remembered this in our interpretations of the 1st clue?

0 Likes

Notice how the shapes are linked together? Kind of like train cars…

0 Likes

I suspect 3 different shaped game pieces :ahh:

0 Likes

IDK if it’s just me but the triangle looks more emphasized in this logo. Maybe we are going back to tetras or some form of triangles for game pieces???

0 Likes

This was my first thought.

0 Likes

That’d kind of would surprise me. I thought the GDC wanted games that were super simple to understand and decided to use a few game pieces all of which are the same.

Has anyone analyzed the image for hidden content or anything? Any significance that it appears to be a lower resolution?

0 Likes

Has there been any previous games with multiple game pieces of different shapes?

0 Likes

Lower resolution may mean faster camera throughput to the driver’s station by lowering the resolution of the camera.

0 Likes

If you’re talking about different shaped game pieces, none come to mind. However, there have been game pieces worth different values - like in Lunacy.

0 Likes

Game pieces are my vote. Even though that does seem a bit too straight forward…

0 Likes

My guess is recycled game!

0 Likes

Sometimes the best hiding places are in plain sight.

EDIT: I like the three game pieces. It covers all the games throughout the year with first.

0 Likes

Hmm. Very interesting. Has anybody found the size out yet? 336x237 I think. 336-237=99. 99 game pieces maybe? Many possibilities.

0 Likes

Outstanding. I’ve been looking forward to a game that uses multi-shape game objects. They finally took my advice. Good on ya, mates!
Edit: There have been multiple-sized elements - FIRST Frenzy: Raising The Bar, and a couple VRC games.

0 Likes

I’m going to guess it’s something related to the Archimedes-inspired origins of the FIRST logo that they talked about at championships last year.

Displacement?
Levers?
Archimedes screws?

Hm, 2 out of 3 seem to point to water game…

0 Likes

With what we know from the 1st hint, assuming “locomotion”, I think we can look at a couple of possibilities:

1. Trains - we see these symbols linked together
  2. FIRST logo - definitely a game celebrating the history of FIRST.
    • question - I know there were some minor changes made to the logo that Dean’s father originally put together - if so, what year did this particular logo appear.
  3. Shapes - multiple game pieces
  4. Floor - perhaps not game pieces, but varied surface bumps and obstacles? Certainly would cause “loco” motion driving over them.

Side note- is there a way to change the thread title to say - Hint #2 - read the first 5 pages - so we don’t get 250 “beating a dead horse” posts? :slight_smile:

Steve

0 Likes

Connections.

Yay! We have another game hint! Yay!

A tote, a trackball, and a tetra! That would be so funny.

0 Likes