2011 Kettering Kickoff XII

The 2011 Kettering Kickoff XII is scheduled for Saturday, September 17, 2011 in the Kettering University’s Recreation Center. Believe it or not, this is the twelfth (12) Kettering Kickoff! Thank you to all of the teams that have supported us over these 12-years. We (Kettering Kickoff Team) hope to have some new additions this year; stay-tuned for future announcements.

You can register your team now on-line at www.ketteringfirst.com. I do expect that we will once again have the maximum number of 42-teams this year. Therefore, please register ASAP and pay before June 30th to save your team some money. The registration fee is once again $300.00 if paid on or before June 30, 2011 and $350.00 after June 30th. We will be giving each team up to 20 t-shirts celebrating the “Logo Motion” game, the 20th anniversary of FIRST and the 12-years of Kettering Kickoff. This will be a unique shirt this year.

I will accept checks either personal or from your school. Please send the check to the address below. You can also pay via MasterCard or VISA by calling me at 1-800-955-4464, ext. 9828, 1-810-762-9828 or on my cell phone at 1-810-240-5487. A receipt will be e-mailed to you shortly thereafter.

Checks should be made out to Kettering University and mailed to:

Bob Nichols
Director of External Affairs
Kettering University
1700 University Ave.
Flint, MI.
48504-6214

I know this is a long way away, but are you accepting volunteers? And if so who should be contacted?

Currently, all volunteer requests should be sent to Bob Nichols.

When a volunteer coordinator is chosen, I’ll post the contact information here as well as on the website.

Any talks of rule changes like IRI?

No. Kettering Kickoff is played like a typical event, with the exception of it being shorter.

From the website: “This “kick-off” competition’s design and purpose is to encourage teams to recruit new students, organize their team and build camaraderie for upcoming competitions.”

Don’t quote me on this, but I believe some rules are slightly more lax, such as weight for example. (Ie: you’re 120.5, it’s not the end of the world.) Frankly, I can’t recall if they even do weigh-ins. (Once again, could be totally wrong. Someone correct me if I am.)

Kim, I believe you are correct, there is no robot inspection, rules on the field are same as the season though.

Typically, in 2008 there were some minor tweaks to G22 but the changes are never as drastic as IRI.

I was hoping to some sort of lax on the g33 rule…

We are planning on adjust some of the rules (G33).

After attending some of the other off season events, we will see how things pan out with their rule changes and adjust accordingly.

-Clinton-

So I just realized this is coming up, and I never got a response about volunteering. I don’t know if you’re full, but if you need a referee I would love to do it I just need to know who to ask.

I’ve tried the last three years to apply and got no response.
I’m done with this event.

Hey if anyone wants to volunteer for Kettering Kickoff XII you are more than welcome to join the fun. I am the VC for the event. Contact me at [email protected].

Thanks,
Bill

The 2011 Kettering Kickoff XII is scheduled for Saturday, September 17, 2011 in the Kettering University?s Recreation Center. Believe it or not, this is the twelfth (12) Kettering Kickoff! Thank you to all of the teams that have supported us over these 12-years. We (Kettering Kickoff Team) hope to have some new additions this year; stay-tuned for future announcements.

You can register your team now on-line at www.ketteringfirst.com. I do expect that we will once again have the maximum number of 42-teams this year. Therefore, please register ASAP and pay before June 30th to save your team some money. The registration fee is once again $300.00 if paid on or before June 30, 2011 and $350.00 after June 30th. We will be giving each team up to 20 t-shirts celebrating the ?Logo Motion? game, the 20th anniversary of FIRST and the 12-years of Kettering Kickoff. This will be a unique shirt this year.

I will accept checks either personal or from your school. Please send the check to the address below. You can also pay via MasterCard or VISA by calling me at 1-800-955-4464, ext. 9828, 1-810-762-9828 or on my cell phone at 1-810-240-5487. A receipt will be e-mailed to you shortly thereafter.

Checks should be made out to Kettering University and mailed to:

Bob Nichols
Director of External Affairs
Kettering University
1700 University Ave.
Flint, MI.
48504-6214

cool stuff… keep up the good work man… :smiley:
on the other hand:

We are planning on adjust some of the rules (G33).

After attending some of the other off season events, we will see how things pan out with their rule changes and adjust accordingly.

-Clinton-