2012 IRI – Indiana Robotics Invitational –
Dates – July 20-21, 2012
Lawrence North High School, Indianapolis, IN
Hosted by Teams 45, 234 and 1024
Entry Fee - $700
Includes event, dinner, entertainment
Voluntary IRI Teams Scholarship donations accepted
Paypal option for Payment
2011 Winning Alliance = Automatic Entry and No Entry Fee
Invitations to 72 Teams
**Key Dates - **
May 2 - Applications open
May 9 - Applications close
May 15 - Invitations List Released, followed by Webcast discussion / follow-up
June 4 - Team Commitment Required
June 18 – Full payment due
Application Changes –
You can and are encouraged to include –
• What was your best performance this year?
• Are there any special circumstances we need to know about?
• You can link to a Compilation video or specific Match video
You can submit “support” for other teams -
• Can be an email, video, poem, photo, etc.
• Cannot be for your own team
• Submission must contain name, team and contact information for the team submitting the info and should explain why you think the team / robot should be considered.
Event Special Activities
• IRI Silent Auction
• IRI Shooting Competition Fundraiser (Pros vs. the Robots)
• Driver / Operator Skills Challenge
• Team Dinner (grilled chicken, mac & cheese, salad, deserts)
• Dean Simmons and the Kamens - Performance
• Special Entertainment – To Be Announced!
Rules – Changes from 2012 FIRST Game
• Draft Order is 1-8, 1-8, 8-1 (4 team alliances)
• Teams Allowed +5 pounds (Weigh In TBD)
• No Kinect (Due to Space Constraints)
• Other Changes Being Considered – None Decided
Other Information Coming
• Hotels and Special Pricing
• Volunteer Sign Up
• Other Rule Changes