2012 Mid field barrier

Does anyone know the dimensions and materials of the mid field barrier? The closest evidence we have is the hat section under the bridge in the field drawings, but we don’t know if that is the same material as the rest of the barrier.

4 inches tall by 6 inches wide

Do you by any chance know what material it is made out of?

I believe the barrier is made of smooth steel.

Is the barrier run across the whole field?

The entire middle of the field is covered by bridge or barrier. See http://www.usfirst.org/sites/default/files/uploadedFiles/Robotics_Programs/FRC/Game_and_Season__Info/2012_Assets/2012ArenaLayoutandMarking_revA.pdf for details. Page 2 is especially helpful.

so im trying to build the bridge but i cant seem to find any plans/blueprints anywhere. can anyone help me out?

Did you find the field build documents in the manual section of the USFIRST website?

The Team Drawings provided by FIRST are simplified versions of the game elements that can be constructed quickly and cheaply. The bridge can be found on pages 16-24. The official drawings are the exact specifications of the game elements. The complete assembly of the bridge can be found on page 22, though parts of it are found throughout the document.

Here is a picture of the one we made:

Field Part Number: GE-12058

-Clinton-