2013 Beantown Blitz - June 1st, 2013

Hi Everyone!

On behalf of the NUTRONs, Northeastern University, Textron Systems, National Grid and SolidWorks, I am pleased to announce that the 2013 Beantown Blitz has been booked and confirmed.

The event will take place on June 1st, 2013 at Matthews Arena on Northeastern’s campus in Boston, MA.

We have made the Blitz bigger and better for now going on 10 years. We have some great ideas to make Blitz even bigger this year and welcome any teams to join us.

More information will be available as we get closer to the event, but for now SAVE THE DATE, and get ready for the BLITZ!

For any questions, please email beantownblitz[AT]gmail[DOT]com and we will get back to you as soon as we can!

See you there!
-Brando

We’re penciling this one in right now. But it’s a BIG pencil!

3 weeks to Shakedown! How’re the NU-TRONS doing so far?

Hey Everyone!

The Beantown Blitz registration and information website is now LIVE here: http://www.nutrons.com/beantown-blitz/

Registration is now OPEN, and we invite teams to sign up as soon as possible if they want to attend the event. We have had to put teams on a wait list the past several years.

Follow the directions through the registration page and you should be all set.

We’re really excited to bring back the Blitz for another fantastic year. We always strive to make the event bigger and better, and of course this year is no exception to that rule.

We will also be opening up a volunteer registration website shortly. I will post back on this thread when that is live.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to email us at beantownblitz[at]gmail[dot]com.

We will see you at the Blitz!!

-Brando

Your registration form is blocked at my work. :frowning:

Please add Rosie to your list of teams coming to Beantown. I will fill out the form tonight at home.

It’s a google form, so if google docs is blocked at work, you will not be able to access it.

839 has a spot reserved.

-Brando

Sadly, the Bobcats will be unable to attend. So much for continuing our Beantown winstreak. Have fun!

:frowning:

I’d go just to see that blinding sign again!

Signed 191 up.

Oh god, no.

Also, 1058 will be there! Good to be back at the Blitz!

Happy to have you guys this year Koko.

-Brando

1071 will be there! I’m looking forward to another great Beantown Blitz.

Now I’m just hoping no one’s prom falls on that weekend.

Here’s to hoping it isn’t pouring the entire day before and the day of the event…although driving INTO the arena to drop off your robot is awesome :cool:

It also happens to be an SAT weekend, so have your kids plan in advance for that. Also, I kind of doubt prom would be that late in the school year, but I don’t know much about other school’s proms.

I look forward to the Blitz every year. I’m not sure if 2079 is attending since I’ve been disconnected from FIRST this year, but even as a spectator I look forward to going.

Brandon and the rest of 125 out-do themselves every year putting this event together. Definitely one of the top-notch post-season events in the country.

The Blitz is filling up quickly, so please sign your team up if you plan on attending! Here’s who is coming thus far, lots of familiar faces and a few new ones!!

125 The NUTRONs

4761 Robockets

1027 Project Jabberwocky

4048 Redshift

1991 The Dragons

1517 The Lumberjacks

133 Bonny Eagle Robotics Team (B.E.R.T.)

1350 The Rambots

1071 Team MAX

88 TJ(Squared)

78 AIR Strike

175 Buzz Robotics

1058 PVC Pirates

121 Rhode Warriors

1965 SJPHS “Firebirds”

191 X-Cats

1073 The Force Team

2648 Infinite Loop

4555 Sprocketology

2791 Shaker Robotics

2713 iRaiders

1474 Master Link Militia

3958 Schrödinger’s Cat

3236 Tri-Force

See you at the Blitz!

-Brando

Are there going to be any rule changes that you know of yet?

There will probably be some minor tweaks, but nothing to report officially just yet. Stay tuned…

-Brando

Rosie registered this morning…:smiley: