2013 IRI Dates - Indiana Robotics Invitational

The date for the 2013 IRI - Indiana Robotics Invitational is set!

July 19 and 20, 2013 (Friday and Saturday).
The evening of July 18 will be for load in.
Lawrence North High School (Indianapolis Northeast side - same as 2012).

More detials later.

I don’t know what I’m more excited for now…Kickoff or IRI…:wink:

IRI: it’s FIRSTmas in July!

For the first time in 3 or 4 years I’m finally not already booked on IRI weekend. Whew.

Already looking forward to it!

Here’s to hoping we’re good enough this season to get into IRI. We’re making every effort to be, but who knows what the new year will bring. I’d really like to make a summer trip out of driving out there.

Excellent. Looking forward to this event this season!

Looking forward to it! We’re going to try to get down to Brown County before IRI to do some Mountain Biking this year!

How many teams get invited? Also, if I may ask, how would a team go about getting an invitation?

The number changes each year, but it’s an application process.

Figure between 60 and 70.

Also, if I may ask, how would a team go about getting an invitation?

Do well during the FRC competition season. When a team applies to be considered for IRI, that’s a big part of what the selection committee looks for.

Took my bike down there 2 or 3 years ago during IRI-- figured out eventually that I rode the trails “uphill”, starting on the south end and working my way north. Everyone else was going the other direction. But hey, the ride downhill on the paved roads was a hoot!!! Be sure to consult with someone who knows the trails, there are some rocky treacherous parts.

//* wait, I meant starting on the NORTH end and working my way SOUTH. You should start on the South end!! *//

When will the applications be available?

we are targeting May 6 to release the application information and process.

Why does IRI have to be at the same time as the Boy Scouts of America National Jamboree in WV?! :mad:

maybe you can get them to change the date.

My daughter’s birthday (party) will change for the thrid time this year…some of us are just really dedicated to participating in IRI.

Just had to miss IRI on her initial birthday. Should have done the math…

Big IRI birthday party? I know a classy establishment where we can play a game of corn hole…

Chet in a…

Should be more excited for IRI!

There is an awesome bike trail not to far for LN. Its called Town Run Trail Park. Its right in a busy area of town but once you hit the trails it’s like your in the middle of no where. Personally, it is my favorite trail.