2013 New FL Offseason: ROBOCON Tampa Bay

I am happy to let Chief Delphi know about a brand new Florida Offseason event: ROBOCON Tampa Bay.

Details here:
http://robocontampabay.com/

(Please note: I am in no way associated with ROBOCON Tampa Bay, I am just a fan who wanted to make the thread for everyone to know about it)

So we now have our first batch of sign ups:

Team 1369 Minotaur
Team 2425 Hydra
Team 2152 SMASH
Team 3242 IllumiCats
Team 3556 GET SMART (Workshops Only)

I am hoping following Panther Prowl more teams will sign up as well.

The event is really shaping up well with discounted admission to Busch Gardens/Adventure Island for attendees. Science Cheerleaders attending and the only event in the state (to my knowledge) where all 3 main levels of FIRST will compete/interact with each other.

I just registered 1523 and we now have

Team 1369 Minotaur
Team 1523 M.A.R.S.*
Team 2383 Ninjineers
Team 2425 Hydra
Team 2152 SMASH
Team 3242 IllumiCats
Team 3556 GET SMART (Workshops Only)

Hey MARS_James - I don’t see 1523 registered at ROBOCON (I’m managing the event) - The team’s not anywhere in the system. Can you email me at [email protected] and we’ll make sure your team gets registered!

Here’s the current list of teams we have registered, as of today:

• Team 3242 IllumiCats, Ocala
  • Team 3556, GET SMART, Lake City (workshops only)
  • Team 2152, Daytona Beach
  • Team 1369 Minotaur, Tampa
  • Team 2425 Hydra, Tampa
  • Team 2383 Ninjineers, Plantation
  • Team 179 Children of the Swamp, Riviera Beach
  • Team 180 S.P.A.M. , Palm City
  • Team 79 KRUNCH, Palm Harbor
  • Team 4013 Clockwork Mania, Orlando

Early registration ends Oct. 6, at which time the registration fee will be $150 (early reg. is $100). We also have a Rookie Team registration option - just $45 to participate in workshops and training sessions. Out of state teams are welcome!

ROBOCON is, in fact, the only program wide FIRST showcase in the state - FTC scrimmages on Saturday, along with FLL practice, and if we get any Jr. FLL teams, they’re welcome to set up shop too! We’ll have a career and college expo, a FIRST Alumni event, VIP Luncheon and tours, and special guests. All are welcome! Come play in Tampa Bay!

Terri
LI4E.org (hosting org)
FIRST mentor/coach
FTC Team Duct Tape, Oldsmar
FRC Team 4769, Dixie Hollins HS, St. Pete

The Ninjineers are excited for RoboCON and we hope more teams sign up to compete!! :slight_smile:

We’ve extended the discounted Early Registration rate of $100/team for FRC teams by three days, through October 9th!

After that, team registration is $150 through October 20th. If you’ve been planning to register robots playingyour team to attend, now’s the time! Teams can pay online or by check. Here’s our current roster of FRC teams:

Team 3242 IllumiCats, Ocala
Team 3556, GET SMART, Lake City (workshops only)
Team 2152, SMASH Daytona Beach
Team 1369 Minotaur, Tampa
Team 2425 Hydra, Tampa
Team 2383 Ninjineers, Plantation
Team 179 Children of the Swamp, Riviera Beach
Team 180 S.P.A.M. , Palm City
Team 79 KRUNCH, Palm Harbor
Team 4013 Clockwork Mania, Orlando
Team 1523 M.A.R.S. , Jupiter
Team 4769 Nerdvana, St. Petersburg
Team 801 Horsepower, Merritt Island

Join these fine teams to enjoy a full scale FRC competition, workshops on programming (Python anyone?) , presentation skills, team sustainability and development, effective fundraising, an educator workshop , a college and career expo, special guests and more!

Visit ROBOCONTampaBay.com for more information or to register. All teams welcome!