2013 Vision Processing

Hi Everyone, I’m a second year mentor trying to understand vision processing so I can help my new programmers out. I have a 2 part question:

1. I have discovered the 2013 Vision processing example, how do I get that operational in my robot code?
  2. How do I get the rectangle center position (in the -1,1 format) in to other VI’s so we can use that information to control motors.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

1. Using it in the actual robot code is a matter of copy and paste. Replace it with the Vision Processing loop in Robot Main.vi

2. Use Robot Global Variable

If you want to know what the example code is actually doing, I ran what it is doing last year to my mentor so he could understand it. Unedited footage is located here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2Pwdq30eSI
Keep in mind it wasn’t really intended to be displayed but its still good resources none the less.

Hi guys, jumping onto this thread, I have been having issues with adding in the Visual programming folder into my Labview Code.

I followed their instructions that are given in the RectangularTarget.vi and created a duplicate folder, and then pasted it into my Labview Code, however when I do so, it breaks the wiring in Robot Main.vi from DrvrStn Get Mode to Robot Mode above the case structure. When I try to rewire it, it says that I have the wrong type of wire. It does the same thing in the Begin.vi with the wire between the mode selector and the Robot Mode.

In short, replacing my code with the visual programming folder breaks wiring in the Begin.vi and Robot Main between the mode selector and DvrvStn Get Mode, respectively.