2015 Buckeye Regional

Surprisingly, I didn’t see a Buckeye thread yet, so here goes.

Who’s excited for the 2015 Buckeye Regional?

Team List

I am Looking Forward to a fun event. Team 48 is returning to Buckeye for the first time since 2010. We look to build upon our solid but unspectacular showing in Pittsburgh.

What will really be fun is having all seven Northeast Ohio FIRST Robotics Alliance (NEOFRA) teams from the Youngstown-Warren area at the same regional, including our Pittsburgh alliance partners Team 379. Rookie FRC Team 5418, The Sonic Screwdrivers from Hubbard, will also be making their debut.

Buckeye Regional Website - http://www.firstbuckeye.org

Buckeye Webcast - http://www.oai.org/firstbuckeye/webcast.html, http://www.twitch.tv/highlandrobotics2603

TBA Event Page - http://www.thebluealliance.com/event/2015ohcl

Good luck to all teams!

Our showing was significantly more unspectacular than yours, but we’re in a good position to do much, much better at Buckeye. See everyone in a few days!

Team 1987 will be present and representing Missouri. Our bus departs at 1 AM early Wednesday morning. We are looking forward to playing with many teams we have not played with before.

We also, look to build upon our showing in Kansas City.

If we can work out our kinks, we could use some help. Any RC toppers out there?

teamconveyor

P.S. To bad we are not able to bring warm weather with us.

Hi guys, I’m the strategy lead from team 930 from Mukwonago, WI. Since this will be our second competition and a pretty long drive for us, only about 15 people are going. Only about 3 of those people will be able to scout though. I do have a scouting program I’m willing to share if a team is willing to share data. I’m also willing to give up the wristbands to that team. Message me if anyone is willing to do this. :smiley:

I’ve just been informed by another mentor that Experient did not forward our reservation information to the Hilton Garden Inn, which is now overbooked due to the NCAA Men’s Basketball tournament next door. We have been asked to relocate approximately 1/2 way back to our home town. But hey, $30 off. Awesome.

Just a heads-up to other teams that booked thru them (there was no alternative for us - the hotel would not allow us to book directly).

They also overbooked our rooms and after days of phone calls we finally got them back.

1592 Is exited to be coming all the way from Florida and should be at 100 percent this regional from the first match on. Hoping to catch up with some old friends as well as make a few new ones! Stop by our pit, say high, and pick up some swag! If anyone needs any help lets us know!

These are the potential wildcards I am aware of:
2399 Pittsburgh EI
2655 Palmetto EI
5413 Pittsburgh RAS

Other interesting Notes:
48 Pittsburgh ranked 2 - Finalist
379 Pittsburgh ranked 1 - Finalist
694 NYC ranked 1 - Finalist
1592 Florida ranked 3 - Semis
1708 Pittsburgh - Finalist
None of the winning Pittsburgh Alliance is at Buckeye
Others who made eliminations somewhere: 120, 156, 910, 1987, 2655, 3260, 4269, 4991, 5413
2641 is competing in their 4th regional - Yikes
5413 a rookie, is competing at their second regional

I am sorry if missed any information as I did this manually. PM and I will correct.

Hope you enjoy.

Wildcards:
120 HOF
2399 Pittsburgh EI
2655 Palmetto EI
5413 Pittsburgh RAS

Is 48 not considered HOF now also?

No. Hall of Old Farts, maybe.

Careful on how you toss the “Old” word around - that should be Hall of Older Farts. :smiley:

Looking forward to seeing your team at Buckeye!

-Karlis, OF

On behalf of team 379, The Robocats, we would like to thank 1592 and 3193 for joining our alliance! Without the team effort and strategy between your two teams, this regional win would never have happened. Personally, I’m not sure how 3193 was left to pick. They were ranked 54th out of 56, but were capable of grabbing the cans on the step and we NEEDED more cans, it was a no brainer, and they did exactly what they set out to do. Also, congratulations to team 1592 on their Industrial Design award, it was well deserved, that robot is awesome to watch!

Congrats out to the finalists, 5413, 48, & 291. It was very difficult playing against teams we know so well. I’m so happy everything worked out well in the end. 5413 had punched their ticket to worlds at the Pittsburgh regional and 48 earned a wildcard due to 379’s winning of the Engineering Inspiration award.

And then to top it off, 5418, wins the Rookie All-Star award! This is a team that we worked with as part of our NEOFRA partnership. We are so happy for them and their accomplishments. That also means that 4 of our 7 NEOFRA teams have qualified for the championships so far!

With all that being said, Thank You to the entire Buckeye Regional staff and volunteers that made this regional so great. I really enjoyed the combination of MC’s and the show they put on.

SEE YOU ALL AT WORLDS!!!

Thanks for all the kind words and thanks for picking us!

The Buckeye Regional was one of the best we ever attended. The teams, volunteers and judges where all the nicest people around. The city had plenty to do and lots of different delicious food was avaliable. The only problem was the few rowdy groups in our hotel that were there for the final four tournament but that wasnt even too bad.

Team 379- Thanks for picking us! Your robot functioned from the hp station flawlessly and was exactly what we where looking for going in. Working in two separate zones helped us keep lanes clear for maneuvering around the field and allowed us to score as many points as we could from the landfill.

Team 3193- You guys were the perfect pick to round out our alliance. You allowed us to maximize our points by enabling us to do our 3 tote auton instead of having to use our can burglar auto. As soon as we cleared the zone in front of the cans you guys were right behind us ready to do your job and get the can off the center. The coordination possessed between our two teams maneuvering around the landfill zone with stacks adding up was crucial to our alliances success and you executed flawlessly.

48- You guys are always an amazing team on and off the field. A bond formed in 09 at Connecticut that i am sure will last for years to come. A special shout out to Travis for helping us find a place to park the team trailer off site since the hotel did not have a safer option.

If you guys are ever in Florida look us up. Thanks for being such amazing hosts.

Thank you for the shout out. We weren’t even that down knowing that we lost to 2 NEOFRA friends and an awesome friend team from the south, because working with an outstanding rookie team in Stellar Robotics (thanks for picking us!) and a long-time friend in 291 CIA (I was surprised your far-reaching can grabber ability wasn’t drafted sooner) was so much fun.

Learning that we earned a wild card was unexpected and quite exciting. I just wish someone had taken photos the moment it was announced.

And then to top it off, 5418, wins the Rookie All-Star award! This is a team that we worked with as part of our NEOFRA partnership. We are so happy for them and their accomplishments. That also means that 4 of our 7 NEOFRA teams have qualified for the championships so far!

That’s 2 out of the past 3 NEOFRA rookies winning RAS. 5418 joins 4601, who won RAS at Pittsburgh in 2013. I am very proud of the robot and the TEAM the Sonic Screwdrivers have built in such a short time. Plus their TARDIS pit is so cool (blue is my favorite color).

With all that being said, Thank You to the entire Buckeye Regional staff and volunteers that made this regional so great.

The last time Team 48 attended Buckeye - the regional closest to our home location - was back in 2010. I am happy to report that having attended in 2015, we are looking forward to further return appearances. Thank you to the staff and volunteers for doing an excellent job!

SEE YOU ALL AT WORLDS!!!

Ditto!

Thanks for the kind words!

Many thanks to Rockwell Automation and David Fort for letting 1592 park their trailer on the premises and giving them a tour of the facility.

If you guys are ever in Florida look us up.

A team can dream. :slight_smile: